• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shaun the Sheep coming to Super Mario Maker on June 3rd

Forkball

FINALLY

pqQacWn.png

Shaun the Sheep will be playable in Super Mario Maker from tomorrow, 3rd June.

You'll be able to unlock Shaun by completing a new event course. When playing as the sheep you'll also be able to pose in Mario's trademark cap and dungarees.

Bizarre.

Wallace and Gromit maker Aardman Animation has worked with Nintendo in the past, developing animations for the 3DS' video channel.

And Mario Maker already hosts some unusual characters unheard of outside their home countries - although to date these have mostly originated in Japan.

Here's the event course

If you don't know, Shaun the Sheep is a spinoff of Wallace and Grommit. It's about sheep that live in the country. They have wacky adventures. Yeah.

Volotaire

Strange inclusion. I didn't realise Shaun the Sheep was quite popular amongst children, and in terms of ratings for CBBC.

MAtgS

The more & more guest characters that get revealed for this game, the more bad I feel for Captain N having a 0% chance.

Is this like some kind of weird meme or something? These posts are starting to get really odd.

Nintendo is pretty much aimed at families so kid friendly characters most certainly do come into the equation, however everyone loves Shaun and Timmy!

Izuna

Banned
BRB, telling the world's biggest Shaun the Sheep fan ever.

For any others out there, LINE messenger has the cawaiiest Shaun stickers.

Plum

This opens the floodgates for more British children's show icons to get in. Wallace and Gromit, the Chuckle Brothers and Mr Blobby need to be included.

ash_ag

Neat refreshment of Nintendo's relationship with Aardman Animation. Shaun the Sheep has been one of the most prolific franchises on Nintendo Video, so it definitely deserves a spot in the Costume Mario roster.

JoeM86

Neat refreshment of Nintendo's relationship with Aardman Animation. Shaun the Sheep has been one of the most prolific franchises on Nintendo Video, so it definitely deserves a spot in the Costume Mario roster.

If Nintendo was having a Digital Event, I'd have hypothesised that Aardman were behind the skits in it based on this.

Now I'm sad.

mclem

Missed opportunity. Cameo should've been in Yoshi's Woolly World.

Surely Kirby Rainbow Curse?

Anyway: This? This is cool. Shaun is cool. That is all.

Strange inclusion. I didn't realise Shaun the Sheep was quite popular amongst children, and in terms of ratings for CBBC.

Popular enough to have its own spinoff.
XDVHJvi.png

Huge internationally, too, since no language barriers.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Shaun The Sheep is absolutely fucking amazing and genuinely brilliant. Great news for Mario Maker. I urge anyone to look up the shorts/watch the film.

Now just give me a crossover with A Town Called Panic.....

Volotaire

Surely Kirby Rainbow Curse?

Anyway: This? This is cool. Shaun is cool. That is all.

Popular enough to have its own spinoff.
XDVHJvi.png

Huge internationally, too, since no language barriers.

Interesting. I assumed the last CBBC/Cbeebies phenomena was In the Night Garden. I'm getting old.

Top Bottom