• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2016 rumor and unannounced game recap thread

Sagroth

Guys, that guy on Twitter is heavily hinting at a Playstation All Stars Battle Royale 2 at E3, right?

Or was that already a thing, and the hints are for new characters?

Guys, that guy on Twitter is heavily hinting at a Playstation All Stars Battle Royale 2 at E3, right?

I know it's probably fake but I love that game. I was really good at it and played it so much with my girlfriend when it came out. I even got the platinum. I would buy it

The twitter guy also posted something appearing to be an email regarding Persona 5 publishing duties as 'proof' I guess? Seems preeeetty sketchy :V

In a way it kinds of makes sense for Insomniac.

They are trying to get deals with all kinds of publishers and IP owners to do different projects.

Not unlike how they went with MS for SO so they could keep the IP or did Ratchet with Sony again.

Seems in their repertoire to do this.

First thing, that guy just says random things. He doesn't know anything, just an attention whore. Second, I don't understand why he tweets in french because it looks like he used Google Translate for every french tweets he makes.

An Insomniac Spiderman would be so good, they've already know how to make traversal fun as seen in Sunset, oh god I'm just imagining the possibilities right now.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
you know, i could see some of Sunset Overdrive's traversal mechanics translating well to Spider-Man

specifically those vaulting moves

Mifune

Mehmber
In a way it kinds of makes sense for Insomniac.

They are trying to get deals with all kinds of publishers and IP owners to do different projects.

Not unlike how they went with MS for SO so they could keep the IP or did Ratchet with Sony again.

Seems in their repertoire to do this.

Actually nothing about Spider-Man makes sense for Insomniac. Did you notice how they like to own IP these days? Why in the world would they chain themselves to a huge property like Spidey?

First thing, that guy just says random things. He doesn't know anything, just an attention whore. Second, I don't understand why he tweets in french because it looks like he used Google Translate for every french tweets he makes.

His tweets are broken speech in both languages? Hilarious!

Or was that already a thing, and the hints are for new characters?
If PASBR 2 really is a thing, then you can bet that Sir Galahad will be a playable character. We would finally get the closest thing to an Order: 1886 sequel that some Gaf members have been dying for (and it would both be hilarious and sad).

Carmelozi

Yes, it looks Google translated. Or he's terribly bad in french.

Luke_Wal

Actually nothing about Spider-Man makes sense for Insomniac. Did you notice how they like to own IP these days?

Which is why they made that Ratchet game, right? :p

I think after Fuse/Overstrike and Sunset Overdrive both bombed commercially, and in combination with their weird smaller game experiments (Song of the Deep with GameTrust, their Oculus games), it would make a lot of sense for them to try really going all-in on somebody else's IP. The new Ratchet also shows that they're not afraid to get back into bed with Sony, and now would be about the right time to hear about a new game from the SO team.

Plus, as stated elsewhere, Sunset Overdrive's open-world traversal-based gameplay provides a pretty direct foundation for something like an open-world Spider-Man. I think it doesn't make a whole lot of sense if you think of Insomniac as the studio behind Ratchet & Clank and Resistance, but when you look at them as the developers of Sunset Overdrive, the whole thing starts to make a lot more sense.

Granted, there's a huge chance I'll look back at this post this time next week and laugh at how I was fooling myself, but it's worth a thought.

Mifune

Mehmber
Which is why they made that Ratchet game, right? :p

I think after Fuse/Overstrike and Sunset Overdrive both bombed commercially, and in combination with their weird smaller game experiments (Song of the Deep with GameTrust, their Oculus games), it would make a lot of sense for them to try really going all-in on somebody else's IP. The new Ratchet also shows that they're not afraid to get back into bed with Sony, and now would be about the right time to hear about a new game from the SO team.

Plus, as stated elsewhere, Sunset Overdrive's open-world traversal-based gameplay provides a pretty direct foundation for something like an open-world Spider-Man. I think it doesn't make a whole lot of sense if you think of Insomniac as the studio behind Ratchet & Clank and Resistance, but when you look at them as the developers of Sunset Overdrive, the whole thing starts to make a lot more sense.

Granted, there's a huge chance I'll look back at this post this time next week and laugh at how I was fooling myself, but it's worth a thought.

Ratchet is their baby. Nobody else has made Ratchet games. Ratchet exists so they can take risks with their own IP, make smaller games, etc. I can't see them working on someone else's IP (aside from Ratchet) anytime soon if ever again.

Of course it's possible they'll do an about-face but I don't see it.

Sagroth

If PASBR 2 really is a thing, then you can bet that Sir Galahad will be a playable character. We would finally get the closest thing to an Order: 1886 sequel that some Gaf members have been dying for (and it would both be hilarious and sad).

If PASBR2 is where Crash shows up and nothing else, then I will be PISSED.

pastrami

Insomniac has 230 employees. They just released Edge of Nowhere and Ratchet and Clank was just a couple months ago. They still have two more Oculus Rift games (The Unspoken and Feral Rites) and a Gamestop game (Song of the deep) in development. And they're supposed to have a Spiderman game ready to show at E3? Maybe I'm underestimating their efficiency or the game is still very early, but I would be surprised if it was Insomniac (if the game exists at all).

icespide

Banned
Insomniac has 230 employees. They just released Edge of Nowhere and Ratchet and Clank was just a couple months ago. They still have two more Oculus Rift games (The Unspoken and Feral Rites) and a Gamestop game (Song of the deep) in development. And they're supposed to have a Spiderman game ready to show at E3? Maybe I'm underestimating their efficiency or the game is still very early, but I would be surprised if it was Insomniac (if the game exists at all).

wonder if Sunset Overdrive sequel is happening as well

Well would you rather have Crash in an All-Stars sequel, or nothing at all? I know which one I would choose. It's the most logical thing to happen guys. Plus they would promote the hell out of him so there's something. At least you would be getting your crash "fix" lol.

Same. At this point, I either want a full on new Crash, or no Crash at all.

In order of things I want:

[ACTIVELY EXCITED]
1. Brand New Crash Game
2. Ratchet-style Reimagining/Reboot of 1-3
3. Remasters
4. Crash a playable bit character in a crossover mashup game
5. Nothing
6. Confirmation it's canned forever (I'd rather have the hope)
[ACTIVELY DISAPPOINTED]

Well would you rather have Crash in an All-Stars sequel, or nothing at all? I know which one I would choose. It's the most logical thing to happen guys. Plus they would promote the hell out of him so there's something. At least you would be getting your crash "fix" lol.

The thing about this is our "Crash Fix" is that I want to be able to play as Crash in his own adventure platformer with the rest of his gang, not just see him playable in a crossover.

SDCowboy

As I stated, none at all in that case. At the very least, I want one of the classics completely remade, R&C style.

SerratedX

Anything substantial enough about Valve being at E3 this year? I thought I saw a tweet between Chet and another Dev about meeting at E3 this year. I doubt it would have anything to do with "The game that shal not be named" and may have more to do with Vive/VR titles.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/chetfaliszek/status/738760886618198016
Not the tweet I was looking for, but he may still be there in some capacity.

viHuGi

Banned
Wait what have i lost? Sucker Punch not doing Spidey but Insomniac is that? From sources? Exclusive to Ps4?

Clarify me.

OP is still missing Crash Bandicoot Returns For Sure 2016 Definitely, I see.

E3 will be a total flop if Crash isn't there in some form.

Tesser

OP is still missing Crash Bandicoot Returns For Sure 2016 Definitely, I see.

E3 will be a total flop if Crash isn't there in some form.

Oh he'll be there
as pre-order exclusive skin/theme in Knack 2

I'm just gunna post some clearly-better stop-holder names for Bethesda's rumoured output: The Evil Without & Wolfenstein: The Newer Order

Actually nothing about Spider-Man makes sense for Insomniac. Did you notice how they like to own IP these days? Why in the world would they chain themselves to a huge property like Spidey?

Did they or did they not just continue making R&C? And do they own it? No.

Sagroth

Nah, it'd be the Conker Project Spark moment all over again, but worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t_Co0gfj18

There's two parts to people wanting a franchise back, as Banjo Kazooie Nuts n Bolts and Project Spark Conker have shown: the character, and the gameplay(music/talent involved I guess also, but for the sake of the current argument...). For me, the gameplay coming back(or an evolved but good version of said gameplay) is what matters most(hence me being all over Yooka-Laylee)

Anyways, the only reason I brought it up is because the twitter guy brought up both PSABR and a present but not-full-game-level appearance from Crash at E3.

Kouichi

Nah, it'd be the Conker Project Spark moment all over again, but worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t_Co0gfj18

There's two parts to people wanting a franchise back, as Banjo Kazooie Nuts n Bolts and Project Spark Conker have shown: the character, and the gameplay(music/talent involved I guess also, but for the sake of the current argument...). For me, the gameplay coming back(or an evolved but good version of said gameplay) is what matters most(hence me being all over Yooka-Laylee)

Anyways, the only reason I brought it up is because the twitter guy brought up both PSABR and a present but not-full-game-level appearance from Crash at E3.

Nah it wouldn't be that bad, since Crash in Playstation All-stars in something people actually want as he was heavily requested during the previous game's pre-release. Sure, it would disappoint people who want a huge Crash game, but I wouldn't say it's as bad or worse than the Project Spark Conker.

And if that's really all there is for Crash, then there's a good chance Activision really does still hold the rights and expecting anything more would just be unreasonable. Well, expecting more from Sony at least

Their last game was Ratchet and Clank, an IP they don't own....They wanted to own their new IP, Sunset, and they do...

If they only wanted to make IPs they own, Ratchet would have never happened...

icespide

Banned
do you guys really not get why Ratchet and Clank is different for Insomniac than being farmed out for some Spider-man game?

Top Bottom