• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV to receive DLC story expansions, costumes and more

Ydelnae

Just confirmed at the Square Enix Presents stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj4Scabq5tU

The DLC planning has been finalized and they have a few people from the team working on the concepts for these expansions, but right now the full team is working on the main game. They want the DLC to feel like a worthy purchase and something that the fans will like.

There are non-DLC costumes in the mainline game, Tabata answered a specific question about one of the costumes and I wouldn't look into it if you don't want to be spoiled.

Final Fantasy XV E3 2016 QA recap:
  • You can turn off the HUD while playing the game.
  • There is no theater mode to view past cutscenes, but there is a camera mode and a colosseum mini-game.
  • The UI is being reworked again for the final game, the one present at the E3 build it's just provisional. You can choose between this new UI and the one from Episode Duscae 2.0 in the final game.
  • STORY SPOILER:
    The party comes back to Insomnia at some point later in the game.
  • STORY SPOILER:
    Noctis, Gladio, Ignis and Prompto get Kingsglaive outfits, related to the story.
  • STORY SPOILER:
    Insomnia will not be as explorable as other towns like Altissia, but it will serve as a huge battle ground.
  • 40-50 hours of main story quests, 150 hours of sidequests.
  • Somnus is still in the game, and it's related to the story.
  • There are less summons than in previous mainline games, but everyone of them will be related to the story. Confirmed summons:
    Titan, Ramuh, Carbuncle and Leviathan
  • Each summon has different conditions.
  • They have kept the Versus XIII Engine Sword and Airstep Sword for the FFXV. The Engine Sword will have a very special functionality.
  • You can control party member abilities during battle using the L1.

EDIT:
What OP forgot to mention is that they also talked about resolution, antialiasing method and framerate of the two versions. What they said might not make everybody happy...

XBOne:
- dynamic 800p-900p resolution
- 30fps with dips to 26-27 in certain situations
- temporal antialiasing solution

PS4:
- dynamic 900p-1080p resolution
- basically solid 30fps
- temporal antialiasing solution

I think the 800p-900p resolution is really disappointing for the XBOne as is the unstable framerate. :/ Glad I can get the PS4 version.

ZeroX03

Banned
This was to be expected.

I'm happy if the gameplay and story are good enough to make me want more, don't care if it isn't.

Blobbers

When done right, story expansions can end up being some of the best content in a game. I hope Tabata can pull it off, and it doesn't just end up feeling stitched together or just a few small areas with a small, unrewarding main mission and a ton of hunts.

Ogawa-san

I hope they release something like XIII-2's Requiem of the Goddess. As in, the real ending sold separately.

I just want to see the reactions.

Fraxin

I don't really mind DLC's as long as they're not story expansions(since I don't buy them), which FFXV seem to have. I thought they wouldn't have story related DLC's after FFXIII-2, since I remember that game received negative fan responses for it's Story related DLC's.

GavinUK86

All sounds ok to me. I'm always fine with DLC as long as it hasn't been cut, or at least doesn't feel like it's been cut, from the main game.

Kieli

I don't really mind DLC's as long as they're not story expansions(since I don't buy them), which FFXV seem to have. I thought they wouldn't have story related DLC's after FFXIII-2, since I remember that game received negative fan responses for it's Story related DLC's.

?

Story expansions are pretty much the only ones I buy. Stuff like Artorias of the Abyss, or The Old Hunters, or the stuff CDProjektRED puts out regarding The Witcher.

kurahador

I really hope all of the story DLC will be post-game contents. I really hate playing stories that takes place in the middle of a game.

Nauren

?

Story expansions are pretty much the only ones I buy. Stuff like Artorias of the Abyss, or The Old Hunters, or the stuff CDProjektRED puts out regarding The Witcher.

I'm right there with you. Witcher 3 story expansions are amazing. One season pass I'd gladly buy again.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Can I get Lunafreya playable please? I mean I have the game preordered. I forgive the sausage party. I don't mind. But some estrogen please in the DLC.

Ydelnae

I remember they said
Noctis wouldn't be able to summon Leviathan
last year. Seems like they changed that.

brawly

Young Regis DLC pls

Young_Regis.png

Ydelnae

Yeah, a Luna DLC story expansion like works like Reverse/Rebirth in KH Chain of Memories would be amazing. Gentiana could be a party member.

JBwB

So we're getting around 200 hours of content? Hell yeah!

150 hours of good sidequests?

A large portion of those sidequests are probably going to be monster hunts. If they're as good as the hunts in FFXII then we should be in for a treat.

Fraxin

?

That's the thing, I don't buy DLCs. When I buy a game, I expect it to be somewhat complete in the story department. Most thing I hate is when finish a game you see the ending and then they announce that there's more to the story and you need to pay for it. So does that mean I didn't really see the ending?

-Horizon-

Stella DLC

No opinion on DLC news, every one seems to be doing it so whatever.

This though:
There is no theater mode to view past cutscenes
Is a bit disappointing. Would've been a nice unlockable.

Ydelnae

That's the thing, I don't buy DLCs. When I buy a game, I expect it to be somewhat complete in the story department. Most thing I hate is when finish a game you see the ending and then they announce that there's more to the story and you need to pay for it. So does that mean I didn't really see the ending?

Have you played The Witcher 3? The game has two story expansions that are literally side stories that happen in the game timeline but that don't relate to the game's main story. The Last Of Us also had this type of DLC. Nobody is talking about buying the ending as a DLC.

Thoraxes

This is the one thing I wish they wouldn't do and the one thing I really disliked about XIII-2.

Please keep that shit out.

Jolkien

Here's hoping the DLC quality and price will mirror CDProjekt Red, but I won't hold my breath. It was a total waste of money in XIII-2.

I don't mind paying for big expansions/DLCs that I can see the developers put lot of time and effort to make.

I actually prefer this method for a franchise like Final Fantasy. When you make sequels to FF it makes the original game seem less significant, but adding a bunch of story DLC to the mainline entry to make it a gigantic game makes me excited.

And apparently the base game is already huge with 100+ hours of content. Im on board.

Fraxin

Have you played The Witcher 3? The game has two story expansions that are literally side stories that happen in the game timeline but that don't relate to the game's main story. The Last Of Us also had this type of DLC. Nobody is talking about buying the ending as a DLC.

I didn't. If that's so then it's fine as long as it's optional stuff that doesn't effect the main story. Sorry if I sounded complaining but games like Asura's Wrath made me more skeptical about Story DLCs.

Top Bottom