• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF Custom Model Contest #6 - Results |OT| - Propelling to Victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
w4k4Sow.jpg

The votes are counted and the results are in. The Winner for the 6th GAF lego contest is.....

*drumroll please*

VDTLYJL.png

Congrats Ninge!

Top 5:

Full results:
Ninge: 41
Mrkgoo: 34
Crispy75: 31
:Motorbass: 30
Chezzymann: 16
Llyrwenne: 11
Kerned: 9
Watsinaname: 6
Jasoneyu: 5
Blizzard: 5
Octobot: 4
Parrotbeak: 4
Mantis23: 4
ChopStickNinja: 4
Unit 33: 3
PhoncipleBone: 3
Jimbro72: 2
Theaface: 2
Az987: 1
Supa Necta: 1
ChaChaChaChia: 1
Fishlake: 0
Osahi: 0
Willp2003: 0
BakaSempai: 0

Original thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1215793

Prizes Awarded

THANK YOU Chezzymann! I have toyed with bringing this back so many times but have never pulled the trigger.

I'm in, and will happily donate a prize:
MCOJ9ug.jpg

Bought the set. Here's my contribution to the prize pool. (Can ship within US).
wsMTTVX.jpg

Just picked up the set - hopefully I'll have some time to get started on my entry tonight.

My contribution to the prize pool:

Ypj1wxS.jpg

76061 - Mighty Micros: Batman vs Catwoman
76066 - Mighty Micros: Hulk vs. Ultron

Just got my set.
This is my contribution to the prize pool.
(set 75821)
Good luck to all :)

img_1403kuefy.jpg
I'm not planning on entering this MOC contest, but I have been thinking up a prize to add to the pool.

How about a full set of 2013 seasonal polybags.

UZWUAio.jpg

Stats:
Number of Entries: 25
Number of Votes: 23
Total Points given: 212
Number of Posts in the original Thread: 258

Next Contest:
I'm planning on it being in August. If you guys have any suggestions for what should be the next set, PM me.

OT for lego GAF

mrkgoo

Congrats Ninge! Well deserved. Love your model.

Reasonably far ahead in votes, but second place was tight!

Thanks to all participants, viewers, voters and special thanks to Chezzymann!

I think it's a good idea to make public forum for next set - I was going to suggest the Fast Car 31046:

151222d-lego-creator-31046-fast-car.jpg

1) It's a dinky little set
2) It's the right size/price
3) Fantastic collection of pieces for within-set MOCing.

Only thing is, I just took mine apart and started thinking about playing with MOCing it...

Kerned

Banned
Congrats Ninge, that's a helluva bird!

Congrats to everyone, really. There were so many amazing entries. I am looking forward to the next contest.

Jimbro72

Ugh, I can't believe I forgot to vote! :( For the record, my top 3 were the same top 3 finishers. My order may have been slightly different but nothing that would have changed the final rankings at all.

Congrats Ninge. Well deserved.

Congrats to everyone, nice to see so many different entries.

So ninge gets first pick of the prizes!

Let me know whoever picks mine, will ship it out sometime this week.

Fishlake

Congrats everyone especially Ninge. That bird and food container is really well done.

That was a lot of fun and I hope to improve at MOCing.

I'll definitely participate in the next one.

ghostmind

I think in previous contests the first place winner got to pick a prize first, then it went to second place, etc.

That said, congrats to Ninge! I do love the organic builds.

Congrats Ninge!

Everyone did really good work. We should all be proud of our addiction.

Lol, ya I didn't think it was winner take all.

Congrats to the winners and all the participants!!

Huge thanks to Chezzyman for bringing the contest back. It's a huge amount of work and everybody in LEGO-GAF (best-GAF) appreciates you doing this!!

ninge

Yay! Thanks for all of the votes and feedback :) I had loads of fun noodling around with the set trying to come up with cool ideas. Looking forward to the next competition!

I took photos when dismantling the bird showing the pieces being removed at each stage that in theory make a nice set of instructions if viewed in reverse. Will upload them if anyone is interested in seeing the build in more detail!

Edit: link to build instruction images: https://imgur.com/a/SxrQn

HUGE thanks to Chezzymann for organising the competition. You rock.

If I get to choose a prize... I would love the Star Wars asteroid set! I'm UK based, hope that is ok? I would be happy to cover shipping costs.

Crispy75

A very well deserved win. The head of that bird is absolutely perfect. A close run thing for second! This was great fun, and I'm totally on board for the next one :)

I should point out that I'm in the UK, so won't claim any prizes that involve international shipping.

Ooh, instructions are a good idea. I'll do that too :)

mrkgoo

A very well deserved win. The hrad of that bird is absolutely perfect. A close run thing for second! This was great fun, and I'm totally on board for the next one :)

I should point out that I'm in the UK, so won't claim any prizes that involve international shipping.

Ooh, instructions are a good idea. I'll do that too :)

Yeah I'm in NZ, so I won't be taking any prizes either.

Crispy75

Congrats Ninge! Well deserved. Love your model.

Reasonably far ahead in votes, but second place was tight!

Thanks to all participants, viewers, voters and special thanks to Chezzymann!

I think it's a good idea to make public forum for next set - I was going to suggest the Fast Car 31046:

151222d-lego-creator-31046-fast-car.jpg

1) It's a dinky little set
2) It's the right size/price
3) Fantastic collection of pieces for within-set MOCing.

Only thing is, I just took mine apart and started thinking about playing with MOCing it...

Feels a bit similar to the one we just did. How about something with more "interesting" parts and colours like

uqArrwo.jpg

http://brickset.com/sets/41173-1/Elvendale-School-of-Dragons

More constrained than the designed-for-MOCcing Creator sets, but creativity thrives in constraints!

mrkgoo

Feels a bit similar to the one we just did. How about something with more "interesting" parts and colours like

uqArrwo.jpg

http://brickset.com/sets/41173-1/Elvendale-School-of-Dragons

More constrained than the designed-for-MOCcing Creator sets, but creativity thrives in constraints!

I'm game for anything, I actually suggested using one of the classic sets (mostly "standard" style blocks) previously but didn't get any enthusiasm.

Those sets are more constrained from what we are used to so would be very interesting.

While an elves set would be cool and interesting I think if you have too much constraint you would probably just get less participants. At any rate it'd have to be a set that I would want to get anyway... Lol maybe a dragon one.

I was thinking of Park Animals (its only 15 bucks but has 200 pieces) it has a shitload of hinges and SNOT pieces ball joints. And the color scheme could be used for a lot of different things as well and is pretty consistent.

31044-1.jpg

Another one that caught my eye was the garbage truck. Its got a fair amount of SNOT pieces and quite a bit of technic that could be useful for some interesting things.
e3DYFKC.png
Only problem is that there's a lot of orange so it might be hard to use the color scheme effectively but hey that could be part of the challenge.

theaface

Congrats to all of the top 5 - some fantastic and highly creative entries in there!

As for the next round, I'm personally very pro-Mixels as you have 3 distinct sets in each wave and loads of interesting parts to do almost anything with.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats to Ninge and the rest of the top 5, and once more lotsa appreciation to all participants. Lots of creative work. <3

I will definitely join in with the next contest, whatever it ends up being. I feel the Creator sets are excellently made for these kinds of things though; the right balance between restriction and freedom. But it would also be interesting to mix up up this time, so we'll see.

I know what I'm building tonight.

Also for the prize pool, we currently have Ninge with the Star Wars space slug set.
If Crispy75 and Mrkgoo dont want to receive prizes due to international shipping, that would mean the prize pool is available to 7th and 8th place since there's 6 prizes (assuming they dont have the same problem)? Just trying to sort this out.

Crispy75

You guys are awesome with the instructions! I'm definitely going to try to build Ninge's bird and Crispy's cuttlefish!
Good luck! You'll find the tentacles to be especially fragile. And the eyes won't attach unless the grey part is at just the right angle.

Well, if any prize giver *wants* to pay for shipping thats ok, but It'll probably cost more than the prize is worth!

Okay since prize distributing seems to have stalled I think people need to definitively say if they want a prize or not while also specify which one they want if they do, and then contact the prize donor and see how shipping will be handled. And if it can't work out then the prize will be allocated to someone further down the list I guess. I know it sucks but we gotta keep this moving.

Right now the list is

Ninge: Star Wars Slug
Mrkgoo: Opted out due to shipping costs
Crispy75:
:Motorbass:
Chezzymann:
Llyrwenne:
Kerned:

Crispy75

I will also step out of the prize-giving due to shipping costs. Plus I really don't need any more lego than I already have (and don't have the time to play with!)

Crispy75

I'm not joking when I say it would sit on my mantlepiece for a month or two and then get swept into the bin. Please, give it to someone who'll appreciate it more!

Votes and praise are prize enough :)

ghostmind

I think next contest we forgo the prizes, as this is such an international thing, and postage what it is. Seems that the winners are pretty happy with being recognized for their skill.

That said, my prize stands for this contest.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
I'm afraid I'm from Europe too. >w>
I won't be taking any prizes if the shipping costs are very high. I agree with ghostmind that it wouldn't be an issue to move away from prizes next time; people seem happy enough to have their creativity recognized.

Sorry for the delay. I'd love to get the seasonal polybags. My son will love them. ghostmind, you can PM me for the shipping costs to Germany.

Okay I'll take the angry birds one
For some reason that's the one angry birds set that just looks really appealing to me lol

(your turn to decide now Llyrwenne)

Kerned

Banned
Okay I'll take the angry birds one
For some reason that's the one angry birds set that just looks really appealing to me lol

(your turn to decide now Llyrwenne)

It looks like Llyrwenne declined a prize in a post above. Does that make it my turn? I'd love that TC-4 from PalaceBrother. He'd look really great with my other Star Wars minifigs.

PalaceBrother, if you can PM me I'll get you my info. Thanks a bunch!

MisterNoisy

Congrats to the winners! Sadly, I never got around to posting an entry - life got in the way.

Since nobody claimed the prize I donated, I think I'll give it to my neighbor's 6yo son. :)

It looks like Llyrwenne declined a prize in a post above. Does that make it my turn? I'd love that TC-4 from PalaceBrother. He'd look really great with my other Star Wars minifigs.

PalaceBrother, if you can PM me I'll get you my info. Thanks a bunch!

Yeah it does. Sorry i got distracted lol. Didn't realize its been a week. Whatsinaname's the only one left but so is his prize so i guess he can just keep it lol. Seems like all the people who wanted prizes claimed one anyways

Final list

Ninge: Star Wars Slug
Mrkgoo: Opted out
Crispy75: Opted out
:Motorbass: Seasonal polybags
Chezzymann: angry birds
Llyrwenne: Opted out
Kerned:TC-4

Yeah it does. Sorry i got distracted lol. Didn't realize its been a week. Whatsinaname's the only one left but so is his prize so i guess he can just keep it lol. Seems like all the people who wanted prizes claimed one anyways

lol. If we are doing prizes for the next tread, I can include it there I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom