• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2016: Top 50 best selling games (by units)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
There's data on the top ~2000 or so here, but I thought this was a reasonable cutoff: http://steamspy.com/sale/

steamsummersale1lkxh.png

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Hell yeah Age of Empires. It was a fantastic discount for such an amazing game.

WHERE'S 4 AT??

Microsoft has a new internal strategy studio, presumably to chase that opportunity given what this remaster of an ancient game has been selling.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
With almost 10m units sold, I'm sure they are going to announce it at any moment.

Well see, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch moved 13.6 million units while Half-Life 2 only moved 9.5 million, so presumably they're going to make a sequel to that instead.

These are always fun. I remember years ago when the Dota 2 beta was the biggest seller, when so many people I knew had so many they couldn't give away all of them.

orochi91

Bought Age of Empires 2 HD collection, along with AoE 3 collection, a couple days ago.

I've now got ~20 games in my Steam backlog, though haven't bought much in nearly 3 years. Time to start playing/finishing them.

Hopefully MS will get around to making Ao4 someday, or another spin-off like AoM.

LordRaptor

Well see, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch moved 13.6 million units while Half-Life 2 only moved 9.5 million, so presumably they're going to make a sequel to that instead.

It's been a long time since I was into the mods scene, but I believe HL2DM is the cheapest way to start playing HL2 mods, which probably explains the popularity

patapuf

It warms my heart that Age of Empires 2 is still so popular.

Gives me hope that we'll continue to get the odd RTS with decent production values.

Got Prison Architect, Undertale, South Park, Fable: Anniversary, GTA Trilogy and Serious Sam 2.

I will find time to play them (working through Undertale tho played a small part of Prison Architect and was impressed.

PC gaming is great, my gaming laptop willbhe getting plenty of use

bede-x

Only one Japanese developed game on the list, though there's a few published by Square Enix as well. Not surprising I guess, but I'd still like to see them do better.

Aaron D.

Shout-out for Prison Architect and Stardew Valley.

Hopefully PA getting more attention will bode well for the similar sci-fi colony sim launching in EA next week, RimWorld.

Surprised Stardew Valley wasn't higher.

Left 4 Dead 2 STILL moving units. That's fuckin crazy. Where's that sequel at, Blizzard?

Decado

Does steamspy track dlc? I saw warhammer blood & gate dlc in the top 5 for a but. Must have moved a lot of units to get there given its price.

Sober

It moved 53K. I imagine a lot of that target audience is picking up Fallout or The Witcher at this point.
I have to imagine most people who were interested in playing Skyrim bought it all years ago, discounts be damned. I imagine most of the noise on GAF re: Skyrim were from people who had no interest in playing the DLC suddenly wanting it cause they would get Skyrim SE for free on PC later this year.

poros1ty

lol. Weak sale confirmed. Not too impressed with these numbers.

L4D2 at #8 in sales with a 2% increase. This game is almost 7 years old. PC base is still emerging and steam is becoming more mainstream. The fact the this game was one of the top sellers just goes to show that the people who are buying games on these sales are people who are new PC gamers and not people who have been around for many years.

Top Bottom