• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next gen Gundam VS in development, possible global release :O

https://m.reddit.com/r/Gundam/comments/4z6ct2/bamco_seems_to_consider_a_new_gen_of_gundam_vs/

Choice quotes from a recent Famitsu article, thanks to reddit:

Producer Ryuichiro Baba: We had an aim to provide different gameplays between Arcade and Console versions. The reason why PSVita's EXVS Force had a main focus on story was because we wanted to properly secure solo play to a new layer [of fans]. But on the other hand we couldn't live up to the expectations of the Gundam VS fans who have been about 2-on-2. We acknowledge that as a big improvement point.

Assistant Naoya Yasuda: The Arcade has a specific live sense of inviting friends. We're thinking of establishing a new gameplay that's specific to Console. Right now the hardware specs and infrastructure that can realize those have lined up, so we want to expand it not only in Japan but also to the World.

General Manager Yusuke Sasaki: If we considered the Arcade-based EXVS series as Gundam VS series' 4th generation, the next thing we should aim for is a 5th generation of Gundam VS that applies to Worldwide.

Naoya Yasuda: Actually speaking, that 5th generation of Gundam VS has already had the development progressing, with a new team that has Sasaki and myself in the center, as well as VSTG members who have developed EXVS until now. It still takes a bit more time until we can inform the details. In the 5th generation of Gundam VS, we want the title to be able to expand the invitation circle to worldwide where you can leisurely call new friends to "Let's do it together!"

YmfJjGi.jpg

I'm glad they're finally acknowledging International interest and that Force was a mistake.

Hopefully they deliver on it.

Kid Heart

I really hope they're serious about pushing this internationally. I want to be able to play the VS. games in english so badly.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I'm super excited for this! I didn't import full boost because it's so much more expensive, EX VS was amazing though and I played so much of that in MP!

I even bought and enjoyed vs force on the vita when it got it's international release a month ago. Despite it not having online MP I still thought the single player was probably the most fun since zeon vs federation.

TreIII

'Bout time, Bamco. But hey, better late (while continuously dashing our hopes all the while) then never~!

I can't help but wonder if this worldwide push is a result of them finally seeing that this style of comp play is something that's worthy of pushing on a worldwide scale. Or at least, maybe they just want to try and make a vehement effort to try and get a legit Vs. game in the West before Square Enix and Team Ninja move Dissidia: AE over to consoles. They wait that long, and of course, it's going to be Dissidia that most people will associate this genre with, and by then, it may be too late.

Since it's not going to be an EXVS title, I wonder if they're going to reset the whole roster again and how much different it'd be.

I wonder what that means for Maxi ON getting ported to consoles.

Either way, more Gundam is always a good thing. A roster reset would be a bit of a bummer, but I'd like to see what they can do with a new system.

Cloud7

YEAHHHH BABY YEAHHH. I heard all the right things here. Amazing. What a thread.

ERUPTING BURNING FINGER!!!!!

muteki

Worldwide arcade release would be leaving a large audience unable to play.

Still hoping for a PS4 release of the next Vs whatever.

Shouta

Gundam EXVS Full Force here we go! 5v5 MOBA like with grunts!

That was what Force mode was, a MOBA mode but with EXVS's combat, lol.

I hope we still get some form of arcade action for this worldwide game but I'll take any console release at this point.

Lucumo

Sounds awful. Why not continue along the same line? I want the console version to be like the arcade version, not different.

Flunkie

Banned
for someone pretty far removed from this whole situation, does this mean anything about a possible Gundam Breaker 3 localization? never watched or played any Gundam games but Breaker 3 has me very interested, and I've stared at the Play-Asia page for far too long, mouse hovering over buy

VariantX

Sounds awful. Why not continue along the same line? I want the console version to be like the arcade version, not different.

Because they don't want to piss off the arcade owners. I don't understand either as the current set up until recently was that the arcade always had the newest system stuff and the console would be based on the previous arcade version's system.

for someone pretty far removed from this whole situation, does this mean anything about a possible Gundam Breaker 3 localization? never watched or played any Gundam games but Breaker 3 has me very interested, and I've stared at the Play-Asia page for far too long, mouse hovering over buy

There's already an English version of Gundam Breaker 3, and it's very well translated. You'd think it was a proper NA release. Pull the trigger, buy it. You won't be disappointed.

Flunkie

Banned
There's already an English version of Gundam Breaker 3, and it's very well translated. You'd think it was a proper NA release. Pull the trigger, buy it. You won't be disappointed.

do you have it on Vita? I feel as if I'd get maximum enjoyment out of having it there, but have read all over about performance issues. I'm fine with a couple dips here and there - God Eater Resurrection doesn't always stay a stable 30 either - just wanna know if it gets to be unplayable.

do you have it on Vita? I feel as if I'd get maximum enjoyment out of having it there, but have read all over about performance issues. I'm fine with a couple dips here and there - God Eater Resurrection doesn't always stay a stable 30 either - just wanna know if it gets to be unplayable.

Sorry man, I have the PS4 version.

\PS4 version is FABULOUS, though!

Top Bottom