• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clannad PS Vita English Edition Revealed at TGS 2016

Takao

Banned
F0L4T1q.jpg

Operation Rainfall:
VisualArts Co. recently unveiled CLANNAD English Edition for the PS Vita at the Tokyo Game Show 2016. This is just a demo for now though.

No word yet on a release date, but we’ll keep you updated.

Visual Arts Facebook post:https://www.facebook.com/VisualArtsUSA/posts/1661749390809883

BroBot

Read the title as "Canned Vita Edition" and thought there was a cancelled announcement for a new Vita.

Is this game a visual novel?

18-Volt

Awesome, the VN I always wanted to play.

It's going to be very funny if this comes out before any of Sekai Projects Vita promises does.

I'm pretty sure this is not actually confirmed for release, Prototype called it a "mock-up" and the pamphlet pictured is only announcing Japanese-language releases for the Asia region.

I'm pretty sure this is not actually confirmed for release, Prototype called it a "mock-up" and the pamphlet pictured is only announcing Japanese-language releases for the Asia region.

So that explains the sudden appearance of all these games in Japanese on the Asia PS Store some 2 weeks ago...

Still i guess i can be hopeful for this.

Cornbread78

I loved the anime. It's one of the greatest animes of all time. I will be on top of this one.

This so so so so so MUCH!

Very happy this is finally happening! I wish there was a pre-order tab on Vita because this would already be bought. The anime is such an amazing experience and I've heard the VN doesn't disappoint either!

xERiJQs.jpg

jjvKTGS.gif

So happy and like this scene, I hope this is the beginning of something beautiful!

Now, if only we could get the other Key VN's released in Japan on Vita translated! Here's looking out for your Little Busters, Angel Beats, Air and Rewrite!

This is kinda interesting since Prototype are handling these versions.

If Sekai Project didn't have the license to the Grisaia Trilogy and ChiruChiru Michiru then Prototype would probably be working with Frontwing on releasing the native PS Vita version in English as well, similar to these titles.

Linkark07

Banned
So we have confirmation from Visual Arts they are bringing to the west Rewrite and Clannad Vita. Think Little Busters too. Now we only need Angel Beats.

How times have changed. A few years back they were against the idea, now it is a reality. Only one left is Type-Moon. Come on Nasu, I want to read Mahou Tsukai no Yoru and the Tsukihime remake.

Cornbread78

How about that LB though?

tumblr_obnvgbimgq1uzt3tfo1_500.gif

I would buy it day 1! Seriously, while much of the show is VERY "anime," watching the story play out through the end makes it an amazing experience! Would love to experience it again through VN form and try to follow the alternate routes.

This is kinda interesting since Prototype are handling these versions.

If Sekai Project didn't have the license to the Grisaia Trilogy and ChiruChiru Michiru then Prototype would probably be working with Frontwing on releasing the native PS Vita version in English as well, similar to these titles.

Is Grisaia a licensing thing, or a censorship thing? From what I hear they would have to modify a LOT of the more "adult" content from the VN to release on consoles....

well... with this and shantae, i think im officially done kickstarting digital games.

and especially kicking myself for getting this and steins;gate for PC...

Cornbread78

So we have confirmation from Visual Arts they are bringing to the west Rewrite and Clannad Vita. Think Little Busters too. Now we only need Angel Beats.

How times have changed. A few years back they were against the idea, now it is a reality. Only one left is Type-Moon. Come on Nasu, I want to read Mahou Tsukai no Yoru and the Tsukihime remake.

Wait, Where are these announcements? Are they both coming to Vita??????

Saphirax

They are? Could you link the source.

Is Grisaia a licensing thing, or a censorship thing? From what I hear they would have to modify a LOT of the more "adult" content from the VN to release on consoles....

iirc, the Prototype-handled Vita versions of the visual novels are based on the all-ages versions anyway, which even saw changes to some of the more comedic scenes.

Cornbread78

iirc, the Prototype-handled Vita versions of the visual novels are based on the all-ages versions anyway, which even saw changes to some of the more comedic scenes.

OH, so they are already censored.... I mean, I completely understand editing out the "sex" scenes from the VN, but hopefully, they don't drop every bit of adult humor from them as well.

Oh well. Would still love to see Grisaia on Vita in English at some point.

Cornbread78

Here is the Rewrite announcement for Steam. Little Busters Perfect Edition too. My bad if I confused everyone with Rewrite having a Vita port, but considering they are doing this for Clannad, it might be a reality.

Oh damn.....
tumblr_mumlgyVjrF1rnf5opo1_500.gif

I'll keep my fingers crossed for Eng Vita ports of Grisaia, Little Busters and Rewrite eventually......

But they're not doing it for Clannad. Clannad for Vita is going to be Japanese only.

Wait, why would they do an English version of Clannad for Japan only?

Saphirax

Oh damn.....
tumblr_mumlgyVjrF1rnf5opo1_500.gif

I'll keep my fingers crossed for Eng Vita ports of Grisaia, Little Busters and Rewrite eventually......

Wait, why would they do an English version of Clannad for Japan only?

They aren't. The demo they're showing at TGS is in English, the fliers are also in English but the game, which is for other Asian regions, is going to be Japanese only

Top Bottom