• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

syncing data between Play Anywhere games may cause you to lose progress (FH3)

jacobeid

Banned
I am posting this as a PSA as we are in the nascent stages of UWP apps and the Play Anywhere feature offered by Microsoft.

Long story short, my buddy tried to boot up Forza Horizon 3 yesterday on his PC after playing 20+ hours on the XB1 version. Unfortunately, while the servers synced the data, an error occurred and all of his progress was lost. The same situation happened to me on day one of the Ultimate Edition with about 45 minutes of progress but I chalked that up to launch day problems....clearly not.

Has anyone else experienced this? Neither of us are on the Xbox Preview Program which I know caused some issues with saves in Forza Horizon 3. Microsoft support was no help whatsoever and tweets to the devs/posts on the official forums have gone unanswered. There doesn't appear to be any way to see what saves you have on the cloud in comparison to the way PS4 works.

Again, just a PSA as Gears just released today too. If anyone could provide some insight or help that would be fantastic. My buddy is really frustrated, understandably.

xam3l

Bumping this after seeing your post on the OT.

Its a shitty situation, but I think it can be avoided as soon we can detect that the PC version fucked up the save.

It happened to me today and I think if I didnt started the XB1 version while connected online my save wouldnt be gone, since a pop up would appear.

Top Bottom