• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye says Apple/Tidal politics are delaying Watch The Throne 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Videos enclosed.

Last night at his Life of Pablo Tour stop in Seattle, Kanye expressed his frustration over the holdup of the sequel to him and Jay Z’s Watch The Throne 2 album because of, as he puts it, “this TIDAL/Apple bullshit”. I can appreciate his frustration, but he had to know what he was signing up for when he stood on that stage with Jay back in 2015. These kinds of political roadblocks were inevitable once these services decided they were going to insist on keeping certain albums and songs all to themselves.

I’m not sure what the holdup is in this situation, but I can only assume that TIDAL wants to keep the album exclusive to their service and Kanye probably wants it on Apple Music, because why wouldn’t he? Interestingly enough, Kanye says that the reason that the version of Drake’s “Pop Style” with him and Jay didn’t appear on Views was because Jay didn’t want to insult his friend Meek Mill.

Then he says it turned into a disagreement about “percentages on songs”, so who knows. At the end of the day, we as listeners shouldn’t have to care about this shit. Just give us our music and figure that shit out among yourselves however you need to. But you need to figure it out quickly, because now we’re at a point where we’re paying for multiple services and we still can’t get the music we want.

Streaming wars continuing to tear the music industry apart in different ways. In the videos, Kanye continues to express his frustration about how trying to appease all of these different services is stopping music from reaching the masses.

CoolOff

GTY_tidal_ml_150331_4x3_992.jpg

He knew.

DOWN

Banned
Apple wants to buy Tidal but they are going to wait and snatch it up cheap since it is bombing on its own

That's what we know so far, right?

Tidal although a neat concept the hardcore audiophiles have their source files already. Trying to compete with Spotify and now Apple music was just not in the cards for them.

Not enough to justify going on nor enough to justify an outside company buying it.

Jay-Z dying with his ship right now.

Hell no. If you aint a Tidal subscriber I dont wanna hear a damn thing about what you think of the service. Theyve offered more than enough exclusive content to justify their existence as a niche platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom