• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dishwasher Vampire Smile & Charlie Murder coming to PC on May 12th

Corpekata

Banned
From the guy that's doing the porting.

Today I’m (in)formally announcing that I’ve been working on Steam versions of Ska Studios’ Charlie Murder and The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile! The Steam versions will be available for Linux, macOS and Windows on day 1, and will include all the features of the Xbox 360 versions including online multiplayer, achievements and leaderboards. They will also be the debut titles for FNA.Steamworks, a new reimplementation of the XNA4 Xbox Live features for FNA (which all versions of the game will be using).

My current goal for both games is December 2016/January 2017, so we’re slowly approaching the end of development (which started in June of this year after the release of Salt and Sanctuary for Linux and macOS). Over the next few weeks I’ll be posting about what it took to make the PC versions work, how we’re making both the desktop and living room experiences solid, and most importantly, how we’re preserving the original game as carefully as possible.

Like the quoted part mentioned, this is also the launch of FNA Steamworks, so we might hopefully see some more games rescued from oblivion.

Some details here: http://fna-xna.github.io/

From what I can gather this guy is sort of a one man porting machine, and has ported a ton of games, mostly to Linux and Mac. http://www.flibitijibibo.com/index.php?page=Portfolio/Ports

Edit: These were obviously delayed.

Edit 2: They're releasing May 12.

Finally! These games are too good to just be locked to XBLA, glad it's finally happening.

Character Action game fans, don't sleep on Dishwasher. It's one of the best 2d incarnations of a DMC/Ninja Gaiden type game I've ever played.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
That's cool -- Vampire Smile was an awesome game. I remember hearing waaaay back that he was going to port the games to PC, so I'm glad to see it finally materialize. Hoping for a DRM-free release, as well, but I'll take what I can get.

Tizoc

Finally! These games are too good to just be locked to XBLA, glad it's finally happening.

Character Action game fans, don't sleep on Dishwasher. It's one of the best 2d incarnations of a DMC/Ninja Garden type game I've ever played.
I was gonna buy them the moment they were announced...
And i didnt even know what they were about!

Glad to see more games befome available thru modern platforms

Pejo

Gold Member
Hell yes,

This and Guardian Heroes are the only reason I still even have my Xbox360. Guardian Heroes just got BC, so looks like I can finally put it in storage.

Great news!

petran79

Banned
Vampire Smiles was dumped to PC few years ago. Fortunately this did not hinder the developer from porting the game

Hellraider

Vampire Smile is excellent. Will definitely double dip.
I have also been waiting forever for the announced Charlie Murder PC version so it's good to finally get an update on that.

But why skip the first dishwasher? :(

Decado

Jeez. I regularly check out the SKA website in the hopes of an announcement but don't recall this. Checked out steam just now...and there they were. Would love the first Dishwasher, but it is still great that that steam finally got Vampire Smile. Total stealth release, though. Hope it does well for them...but I'm a tad doubtful unless it gets some exposure. Hopefully they did something to notify Salt & Sanctuary owners (though I saw nothing).

I played Charlie Murder fairly early...did it ever get any updates to improve the upgrade system? I remember that being very underwhelming. For items/weapons in particular, but potentially characters, too.

Top Bottom