• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justice - Woman |O†|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majine

Banned
Justice_-_Woman_artwork.jpg

Finally the boys are back! Release November 18th. Let's do this.

Tracks
1. Safe and Sound - Listen
2. Pleasure (featuring Morgan Phalen of Diamond Nights)
3. Alakazam ! - Listen
4. Fire (featuring M. Yaman)
5. Stop (featuring Johnny Blake)
6. Chorus
7. Randy (featuring Morgan Phalen of Diamond Nights) - Listen
8. Heavy Metal
9. Love S.O.S. (featuring Romuald)
10. Close Call

More than Woman - 10 years of Justice

justice-cross1.jpg

It sounds like garbage on my laptop speakers, but that usually happens with albums that have been mastered with nice equipment in mind.

I'll listen to it tomorrow with my headphones.

Edit: Aw shit, it sounds awesome on my HT. The bass-lines were inaudible on my Macbook Pro, no wonder it sounded like shit.

Addi

Is this a surprise release? I didn't know there was a release date, oh well, surprise birthday present for me :)

Nah, they announced the release date two-three months ago. The first track, Safe and Sound was released already in July. They also did surprise free gigs around Europe and in New York where they announced the gigs the same day they were going to happen.

game-boi

To be honest, I think this is way more listenable than Cross. It's like they listened to Random Access Memories and decided which elements would make the most sense to incorporate into their sound. In light of the last album, this should not be read as an insult.

For example, Chorus feels like it was heavily influenced by Giorgio By Moroder.

Just got through it anddddddd eh. I think I actually prefer AVD to this and I wasn't nuts about that either when it dropped. The only time I actually felt any kind of energy to move was Safe and Sound lmao. Randy, Chorus, and Alakazam get close but they seem more focused on RAM style lulls that kill all momentum. Planisphere remains the hardest thing they've done.

neshcom

Banned
I enjoyed Fire and Safe and Sound, but was disappointed with the rest. Justice is leaning hard into a disco sound and I don't feel like they're aiming high.

Majine

Banned
After having some time to reflect, it just seems to have less teeth than AVD and especially the first album, which is still sooo rad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom