• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV's Crown Update and a message from director Tabata regarding street date

Camera improvements will make it easier to track action going on in narrow areas.

The new “Wait Mode” function (makes it so the game automatically waits when you stop command inputs) will get an ability tree for more in-depth strategic elements.

A “Monster Whistle” that can be used to call out monsters will be added.

New event scenes from Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and “Omen” trailer will be added.

Recipes and fish varieties, as well as a gallery, will be added for players who enjoy collecting items.

Social network function will be added, allowing players to upload Prompto’s photographs to Facebook and Twitter.

“We are nearing the release date of November 29. I’m wishing from the bottom of my heart that everyone will get to enjoy the game with a fresh new feeling. However, we’ve confirmed that some packages of Final Fantasy XV have been released around some parts of the world, with gameplay videos being uploaded to the Internet. This may be inevitable due to regional circumstances, but it’s something we regret very much.”

“It’s our big goal to have everyone enjoy the story of Final Fantasy XV and discover its surprises through the simultaneous global release. There are likely other spoiler videos and such circulating out there that we had not expected, so for those of you looking forward to Final Fantasy XV, we hope that you’ll be careful.”

“We are doing everything we can to prevent the circulation of the spoiler videos. For those of you that received the game earlier, please keep those who’ve waited a long time for the game in consideration. In order to meet the best possible release date with everybody, we ask for your understanding and cooperation.”
Info from Siliconera.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
“We are doing everything we can to prevent the circulation of the spoiler videos. For those of you that received the game earlier, please keep those who’ve waited a long time for the game in consideration."

Too late my man.

Those updates sound great. I sadly won't be able to pick it up until boxing day, so i'm going to have be playing the dodge spoiler game for a little while longer. Good on them for commenting on it.

Very curious as to the wait mode skill tree as i think that may be how i play when it comes to the harder content.

Strings

New event scenes from Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and “Omen” trailer will be added.

As someone who thought the Omen trailer was awful, tacky garbage... This is super disappointing.

I mean, Kingsglaive was too, but at least it didn't feel like it was forcing pretension nearly as hard.

Falk

that puzzling face
Too late my man.

Eh, there's a huge difference between 'stuff is out there' and 'stuff is out there but we're trying to curb it.'

Obviously for the determined it's still going to be 'out there' but the point of the message and the hypothetical effort here is to make it easier for those who want to play the game on release day fresh to do so.

So wait mode was the "deeper" combat in the patch notes.

Actually it'd probably be interesting to empirically document changes between the retail disc version of the game vs. day 1 patch. Considering the combined general interest in the game's development I think someone is going to do it sooner or later by just starting fresh with an offline console.

"A “Monster Whistle” that can be used to call out monsters will be added."

Whatever happened to just learning where they spawn and getting them? Does it really need to be that easy?

MilkBeard

Whatever happened to just learning where they spawn and getting them? Does it really need to be that easy?
This is a common item for RPGs. Items that make enemies spawn quicker or attract to you faster.

Mifec

Yes, because not everyone is into memorizing where each mob spawns. Just don't use it if you don't want to. In DQ8 Yangus even has a skill called Whistle that puts you into combat.

raven777

It's literally a new skill tree.

The patch not should have been as specific as this info tbh.
The patch note should be informative and "deeper combat" was vague as hell.
There are people like me who won't ever touch wait mode so it will not be any deeper for those people.

The patch not should have been as specific as this info tbh.
The patch note should be informative and "deeper combat" was vague as hell.
There are people like me who won't ever touch wait mode so it will not be any deeper for those people.
It is not like the PR team was incharge of patch notes shown on PS4. No one expected game leaking early and the patch noted on PS4 being listed. They officially revealed the patch details today and that is week before the official release, so I don't get the disappointment.

Zetta

Yes! The gallery for collectables is a great addition, I'm going to be fishing to collect them all so being able to see them is amazing. I wanted this feature in FFXIV but was greatly disappointed that there wasn't any.

The deeper Pro patch is coming in December. We're going to get some meaty patches for this game.

Yeah I heard about that one. The 1080p60 patch.

I was hoping for a couple of last-minute improvements anyway :)

Here's hoping I haven't finished the game already when the December patch drops!

hichanbis

Banned
I'm all for wait mode improvements but I still see this mode as a bone thrown quickly at old timers who like turn-based battles.

In the end I'm afraid it will just heavily increase the game length without adding any extra-tactical dimension to the combat.

Even if it does, it needs to be on par with the challenge.
I mean why would I pause and choose actions/targets if I could beat (almost) all enemies holding the attack button in real time (and it seems that's how the game was designed)...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

How does that make the game easier, rather then just less frustrating? It's not like the enemies magically die.

duckroll

The idea that a heavily story driven JRPG is getting a day one patch that inserts in more cutscenes spliced from external promotional sources which were never meant to be in the game itself, just to further clarify the story, is fucking laughable.

The idea that a heavily story driven JRPG is getting a day one patch that inserts in more cutscenes spliced from external promotional sources which were never meant to be in the game itself, just to further clarify the story, is fucking laughable.
Why am I not surprised its duckroll lol

I'm more surprised the Omen trailer is gonna be in the game. Like... why?

MilkBeard

I don't get that assumption, really. But you do you.
However, I can see the difference of opinion, because I wasn't a hater of Kingsglaive. But having actual scenes of reference from the movie can be a good thing. I mean, it's just to give context.

Especially with how long its been in development, you'd think the story would be quite finely crafted and coherent.

Oh right, SE.

Still super psyched though.

Yea, that's actually pretty worrisome, unless they're like secret easter egg or something. And hasn't Kingsglaive different character art designs? Wouldn't that look really weird?

duckroll

I don't get that assumption, really. But you do you.
However, I can see the difference of opinion, because I wasn't a hater of Kingsglaive. But having actual scenes of reference from the movie can be a good thing. I mean, it's just to give context.

What assumption? Tabata basically said in a tweet a week or two back that they would be patching in Kingsglaive scenes in the day one patch which they "couldn't fit on disc" or whatever, to better clarify the story.

MilkBeard

Look at it this way:. Kingsglaive is a story that happened in the past, or simultaneously with the beginning scenes. People start talking about it later, and a few scenes of reference from the movie play to give context. I don't get the big deal.

But let's all just be negative nancies and shit on the game every time we get a chance before we play it.

duckroll

Look at it this way:. Kingsglaive is a story that happened in the past, or simultaneously with the beginning scenes. People start talking about it later, and a few scenes of reference from the movie play to give context. I don't get the big deal.

But let's all just be negative nancies and shit on the game every time we get a chance before we play it.

You don't get that people find it hilarious that there are story patches for a game even after a two month delay to fix fatal bugs? You sound like you have a real hangup on anyone who says anything negative about the game. It's too bad.

“We are doing everything we can to prevent the circulation of the spoiler videos. For those of you that received the game earlier, please keep those who’ve waited a long time for the game in consideration."

Heheheheheheheheh........................

MilkBeard

You don't get that people find it hilarious that there are story patches for a game even after a two month delay to fix fatal bugs? You sound like you have a real hangup on anyone who says anything negative about the game. It's too bad.
Have you played it yet? Just curious.

Bebpo

Banned
How does wait mode work in an action game? Is it gonna be like Superhot where every step you take moves time a half second?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Omen's been put into the game? YES.

I don't care if it's just in attract mode.. I just think it deserves to be part of the game proper.

notaskwid

What about someone that only says something negative about this game :eek:

jb1234

It stops the action fully and has a time bar that depletes.

I can only see this as being a good thing, especially during the battles where so much is going on that you can't keep track of things (which happened distressingly often during the Judgment demo).

artsi

Witcher 3 patch 1.10 (released 5 months after game release) added new cutscenes, and the game was better for it.

I don't see anything wrong with this, they couldn't fit stuff on disc and that's it.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Unreasonably pessimistic. Movies get edited and re-edited until the moment they release, and oftentimes get changes and improvements after first showings or on home video.

bigol

Witcher 3 patch 1.10 (released 5 months after game release) added new cutscenes, and the game was better for it.

I don't see anything wrong with this, they couldn't fit stuff on disc and that's it.

Which cutscenes they added? I din't know about that.

In the end I feel like this depends on the imnplementation. Some other FF titles also have neat secret cutscenes that is not really needed for the narrative. I mean, is there actually any plot-critical information in Kingsglaive that couldn't be summed up with one sentence, anyway?

Have you played it yet? Just curious.

Boo, he said that the idea is laughable, and it really does sound pretty absurd. Nothing was said about the actual implementation so the usual you-gotta-play-it notion doesn't really apply.

True Fire

Unless you want a 2-disc PS4 game you should really settle for what you can get.

Top Bottom