• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First November NPD projection for Xbox 360 (cue Wal-Mart)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Bloomberg.co.uk is reporting this morning that sales of the Xbox in the USA trailed Analysts expectations by 33%, for the month of November. Microsoft apparently shifted 468,000 units, whilst Industry business boffin Bob Austrian (Banc of America Securities) had predicted sales of 700,000.

Not bad. Wonder how the 360 sold.

Edit: what the hell. This IS talking about the original Xbox? Damn it, joke ruined. :/

Lindsay said:
I saw what you did there.

2002 does not equal 2006.

It came up on my google page because some dumbass new site decided to index itself now. I almost posted a funny PSP story too.

MarkRyan

Sam Houser fucked my wife
Mister Chef said:
November NPD: It will be legendary!
novnpd.jpg

yoopoo

Banned
Here's what he posted...

Xbox sales trail forecasts

33% less than predicted, apparently
saturday, 14th dec 2002
article by Luke Guttridge
related articles
comments

Bloomberg.co.uk is reporting this morning that sales of the Xbox in the USA trailed Analysts expectations by 33%, for the month of November. Microsoft apparently shifted 468,000 units, whilst Industry business boffin Bob Austrian (Banc of America Securities) had predicted sales of 700,000.

"Industry growth rates, for both consoles and video games, may be slowing, or at least, seasonally weaker than expected," Austrian commented.

Microsoft spokesperson Molly O'Donnell reacted by suggesting that the latest NPD data was inaccurate, as it excludes sales from Wal-Mart stores, the USA’s largest games retailer. Xbox sales through Wal-Mart had apparently doubled in November, according to O’Donnell.

Shares in Microsoft fell slightly at the news, whilst the likes of EA and Activision also saw a decline.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Outdoor Miner said:
*removed for inevitable future use*

:)

No, I got it right here, don't worry.

Like I've been saying for several months now, they needed a price drop. This was the season to make a powergrab for some bigtime marketshare, but they cared more about profitability. Sony left their guard down, and MS gets in with a jab.

Of course, posts like mine are immediately followed by a billion "here's why they don't need a pricedrop...", which is fine and dandy. But I feel this one truth trumps all other points, and that is the number of people willing to spend $400 on a 360 grows smaller each day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom