• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Time's Top 10 Games of 2016

I'll get it out of the way from the start: doing it for clicks, hipster list, so pretentious, I never even heard of ___, ____ got robbed, does he even play video games

Okay, now that we're past that:

http://time.com/4570373/top-10-video-games-2016/

10) No Man's Sky
9) Battlefield 1
8) Virginia
7) Crashlands
6) Dragon Quest Builders
5) Burly Men At Sea
4) Tharsis
3) Inside
2) Uncharted 4
1) The Witness

xviper

it should be like this

1) Overwatch
2) Overwatch
3) Overwatch
4) Overwatch
5) Overwatch
6) Overwatch
7) Overwatch
8) Overwatch
9) Overwatch
10) Forza Horizon 3

liquidtmd

Banned
Not a terrible list. Not heard of 4 & 5 and whilst I didn't hate it, NMS should be nowhere near Top 10 status.

Its missing Hitman for me personally, just fell in deep deep love with it

I never even heard of Uncharted 4!

Really though that's an odd but diverse batch, I don't really have any strong feelings this year so go nuts.

ryseing

Bwah hah hah hah.

And I LIKED No Man's Sky. Still doesn't deserve to be anywhere near a top 10 list of anything.

10 disqualified the whole list
No Mans Sky.......really?
Yes, people can enjoy games you don't

Not a terrible list. Not heard of 4 & 5 and whilst I didn't hate it, NMS should be nowhere near Top 10 status.

Its missing Hitman for me personally, just fell in deep deep love with it
I've always felt that seeing games/movies/shows/etc you don't know about on lists like that should be an impetus to see perhaps why one feels it's worh checking out

dracula_x

No Mans Sky.......really?

0addaSb.png

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
If that list was anywhere near accurate, 2016 would look like a bleak year in gaming.

Luckily, it's wholly innacurate. Terrible list.

Inside is almost the only game that both deserves to be there and around the placing it's in.

For reference, 2014 was this:

10. Velocity 2X
9. Sunset Overdrive
8. Shovel Knight
7. Monument Valley
6. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
5. Mario Kart 8
4. Hearthstone
3. Dark Souls II
2. Alien: Isolation
1. 80 Days

And 2015 was this:

10. Splatoon
09. Undertale
08. Batman: AK
07: Ryan North's: To be or not to be
06: Super Mario Maker
05: Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
04: Her Story
03: MGSV: The Phantom Pain
02: Rise of the Tomb Raider
01: Prune

I don't really understand if Matt Peckham picks the list all by himself, but in 2014 his list introduced me to 80 Days which instantly became one of my top games of the year. So I'll always appreciate his perspective.

Servbot24

Banned
Amazing top 3. The Witness is easily the best game released this year, and Uncharted 4 is a masterclass in its own right. I would put Dark Souls 3 over Inside, but both of those games are excellent and I'm fine either way.

Rest of the list I have not played, lol

bluexy

Awesome to see The Witness getting dat respect. Should be betting odds on which outlets are going to step up and say it's the best over big money games like Overwatch, Doom, and Uncharted.

Top Bottom