• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 software sales have surpassed 369.6 million copies sold in retail and digital

Everyone is impressed with 7 games per owner, and here I am having owned about 50 games wondering how anybody could possibly have any less than 30.

good stuff.

How does this compare to ps1, 2 & 3 during the same period

Probably a lot more, cheap indie titles and digital sales will increase the game count considerably. Even I have over 10 games and I sometimes go months without booting up my PS4 (not the PS4's fault, I just have periods of not playing games or only playing on PC).

Mikef2000

I think a lot of this may have to with digital sales. I went all digital this generation and even though I am playing less these days( due to less free social time) I am buying much more games. My PS4 library already has over 60 games(from small PSN games to full games) and I'd say just under half are PS+ titles.

That is much, much more than I had with either the PS2, PS3, Xbox or X360 three years into their life. Purchasing a digital game is just much more convenient. And I love knowing that I can play any game without having to look for a disc and popping it into my console.

An attach rate like that is impressive, but man, I must have nearly 500 games between retail and digital. I almost think it should be higher, but I guess people like us on GAF balance out the yearly sports/CoD folk

I was going to make a Knack joke, but I think that's enough already from me today.

369.6 million copies of knack sold

An attach rate like that is impressive, but man, I must have nearly 500 games between retail and digital. I almost think it should be higher, but I guess people like us on GAF balance out the yearly sports/CoD folk

tie ratio
attach rate is the % number of total installbase bought a game

Saganator

Everyone is impressed with 7 games per owner, and here I am having owned about 50 games wondering how anybody could possibly have any less than 30.

People like me who have a PC which can deliver a solid 60 FPS experience. My PS4 collects dust until it's time for a Sony exclusive I want.

NastyBook

Those weekly flash sales are works of devils. I'm sure my library would have halved without them
Yeah, Flash Sales have gotten me games that I haven't even started on yet. Never had a backlog of games until this generation. It's kind of off-putting.

mrmickfran

That attach ratio makes sense. I already had 8 games when I finally got my PS4 a month ago and currently have 10.

I've never had that many games at the time that I get the console, usually like 3-4 games.

Top Bottom