• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Party 2 coming to the NA Wii U VC tomorrow

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/mario-party-2-wii-u

GAME DETAILS

Time to get the place jumping!

Get ready to party like it's the year 2000 all over again, complete with fancy costumes, bags of surprises, and games galore! Mario and his Mushroom Kingdom friends return for a brand-new round of Bowser-bashing board game action. Each of your favorite characters don different themed outfits to take part in five fun-packed Adventure Boards: Pirate Land, Western Land, Space Land, Mystery Land, and Horror Land. Then battle Bowser on his own specific board...if you're brave enough.
Virtual Console

This classic game is part of the Virtual Console service, which brings you great games created for consoles such as NES™, Super NES™ and Game Boy™ Advance. We hope you'll enjoy the new features (including off-TV play) that have been added to this title. See more Virtual Console games for Wii U.

What a sorry state of affairs has the VC turned out to be.

This is the first WiiU VC release in what? A month? And it's an 18 year old untouched N64 game they'll sell for $10 and probably charge you again for when it comes out on Switch after a slow trickle of VC games in 2021.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

This is the first VC release in what? A month? And it's an 18 year old untouched N64 game they'll sell for $10 and probably charge you again for when it comes out on Switch after a slow trickle of VC games in 2021.

Well, to be fair the VC has been trading off with Wii Retail so there has been at least one retro game a week at least here.

1477095076061.gif

Nairume

Banned

This is the first VC release in what? A month? And it's an 18 year old untouched N64 game they'll sell for $10 and probably charge you again for when it comes out on Switch after a slow trickle of VC games in 2021.
Even if you don't want to include Wii games, they put Fire Emblem DS up the week before last and Advance Wars DS the week before that.

Great, but this late in the game? Lame..

Also - does anyone know if this game is running a bad emulator / has darker colors or input lag?

prag16

Banned
That's great and all. But where the hell is Mario Kart 64 (for NA). They've gotta be kidding me at this point.

Weirdly enough, I've never owned a single Mario Party despite having played it numerous times during my childhood. I may pick this up for shits and giggles.

What exactly are the issues with MP1 and MP3 going to VC?

As said above, MP1 is basically banned due to Nintendo losing a lawsuit over blisters on peoples' hands being caused by the analog stick rotating mini-games.

MP3 though shouldn't have any issues.

Also, Nintendo gave gloves for those affected, any pics of said gloves? Can't find any via google.

this is actually perfect for me, I was devising a drinking game with friends thats based on the horse race card game where all 4 characters are CPU controlled and you take shot / drink bets on mini games and overall winner

This would make this idea a bit more portable at least.

Gaspard

As said above, MP1 is basically banned due to Nintendo losing a lawsuit over blisters on peoples' hands being caused by the analog stick rotating mini-games.

MP3 though shouldn't have any issues.

Also, Nintendo gave gloves for those affected, any pics of said gloves? Can't find any via google.

MP2 is basically an expansion of 1 anyway since it retains a lot of the games.

Sad to hear about 3 though.

Hasney

I mean, there's no point buying this if I won't get it on the Switch at this point. Even discounted, I may as well wait.

I have a ton of pro controllers (1 Wii, 2 Wii U) and the gamepad itself. Looks like I'm in for 4 player bs a shame about the dumb Dark filter.

Homebrew about to brighten the day though.

Do Wii U VC games still have that bizarre screen darkening? I love MP2, but the previous releases weren't worth $10. Paper Mario especially got hit hard by that.

I have a ton of pro controllers (1 Wii, 2 Wii U) and the gamepad itself. Looks like I'm in for 4 player bs a shame about the dumb Dark filter.

Homebrew about to brighten the day though.

It's on Wii VC without the filter. I'd just grab it there personally.

Do Wii U VC games still have that bizarre screen darkening? I love MP2, but the previous releases weren't worth $10. Paper Mario especially got hit hard by that.

ALL N64 games on Wii U have it IIRC. It makes no sense since Wii VC versions don't.

Top Bottom