• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP Zelda Parallel Worlds Remodel (Romhack) this is the easy version?

So with hype for Zelda BotW I decided to try one of the biggest Zelda things I've never played, the infamous rom hack Zelda Parallel Worlds. For those of you who haven't heard Parallel Worlds is the most famous Zelda A Link To The Past rom hack that was known for it's brutal difficulty and impressive graphics upgrades. A remodel of this infamous hack was done to lower the difficulty and remove the hard hack tricks that were mandatory to beat the original game (less dark rooms, no bomb jumping, less back tracking) which is the version I went with since I don't completely hate myself.

Even in this remodel to be easier version the game is still challenging. Like typical rom hacks you frequently run into very powerful later game enemies early in the hack where your best option is to avoid them since fighting is a losing effort. Enemies frequently do more damage and have increased health and bosses often are fought in smaller areas with spikes or other added obstacles to make them more difficult.

I'm currently at Hyrule's Castle having just gotten the first sword upgrade. This dungeon is truly a test of endurance since unless you cheese you'll only have 1 bottle at this point in the game (you can look online for a solution to the lost woods early to get a second bottle and the cane of byrna) and the dungeon is long. Tomorrow I'll probably finish the first part of the game and get into the dark/ice world.

The scary part to be is this is the easier version of the hack and it's still fairly challenging in typical unfair hard rom hack ways. Watching some random footage of the OG Parallel Worlds that game looks like a nightmare no wonder most people never got past the first dungeon.

Nope fuck this bailing out

So this dungeon in zelda parallel worlds (even remodel) assumes you got the cane of byrna to avoid spike damage

That cane is in the light world

I'm stuck in the dark world

The map telling you how to go where the cane of byrna is located? The dark world

So this rom hack wants the player to either look online for a solution to a puzzle or use an emulator code to be immune to damage or start the game over from the beginning.

Top Bottom