• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR Automata: Interview with Saito

Exentryk

—Will there be any changes from the demo leading into the actual release of the game?
Saito: We released the demo version with the intention of gaining some important feedback from players. The main purpose was to allow players to experience the action part of the game and let them tell us what they thought.

—In the demo, we’re only able to explore the area on foot. Will there be other modes of transportation in the official release?
Saito: In the official version there will be
aerial vehicles and also animals
that you can ride on.

—What significance does the content in the demo have to do with the official release?
Saito: In Japan, it was discussed whether or not the demo depicted the ending of the game. We can reveal here that what you see in the demo occurs roughly at the half-way point of the game. We selected that part so you can get a nice chunk of the game to experience. The story in the demo is not an independent story from the rest of the game.

—How many different characters can we expect to play?
Saito: Right now we can confirm that 2B and 9S will be playable.

—We know there’s a connection between NieR and the Drakengard series. Should people play the previous games to prepare for this one?
Saito: There is a connection between them all, but there’s absolutely no problem if you haven’t played them. Simply, if you are familiar with the other titles, you may notice some interesting things. For example, the voice actor for 9S, Hanae-san, has played all of the previous games.

More at Nier2.com

killatopak

Gold Member
Hmm I thought the demo was the prologue. Didn't know it was the middle. Kinda surprised you only get to meet 9S in the middle of the story.

Hektor

i 100% expected this to be the beginning of the game. I wonder if that means we
get a time skip like in the original Nier after their deaths

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Bad translation from Chinese.

Updated version here, actual response was:

Although it doesn’t depict the very beginning of the game, it still takes place roughly during the beginning. I hope you look forward to the official release of the game to see the resolution of this cliffhanger!

LotusHD

Banned
S: So far, we've only stated that 2B and 9S will be playable. There's also A2, but whether she's playable or not is a secret, so look forward to that reveal! Maybe she won't be a playable character. (haha)

Why he messing with us:

latest

LotusHD

Banned
A pic from while back that pretty much indicates A2 should be playable. And also, pretty sure I've heard multiple times that all 3 of them are playable, so them suddenly trying to play coy about it is odd to me lol

Seik

Banned
I can't wait for this to come out, seriously.

Did the demo 3 times so far, to me it's like a perfect mix-up of ARPG/SHMUP, never in my life I would've expected a game to do such a mash-up, even less doing it so well.

Raptor

A pic from while back that pretty much indicates A2 should be playable. And also, pretty sure I've heard multiple times that all 3 of them are playable, so them suddenly trying to play coy about it is odd to me lol

Oh alright, yeah that looks obviously she being playable.

Good stuff.

Top Bottom