• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III - The Fire Fades Edition (GOTY) | April 21st [PC/XB/PS]

A 'The Fire Fades Edition' of Dark Souls III was just announced in the latest DLC trailer. Looking forward to picking this up as I've been holding out for a Game of the Year Edition. Thought a new thread about this version would be good.

Update: As it stands now it looks like this has only been confirmed for Europe / Asia with both versions shown below. The Fire Fades Edition wasn't featured at the end of the official US Trailer for the DLC but was for Europe. Will update if more info gets released.

Q9UgfGt.png

WoU6yu2.png

Japanese Version Details + Box Art:

Man, the japanese version tho

GGIrvPj.jpg

XCjyyWd.jpg

Soundtrack, a poster with the map and an 80 page guide. And a waayy better box art.

Plum

Fake news. The box clearly says "Game of the Year Edition - Dark Souls III - The Fire Fades Edition."

KarmaCow

I hope this isn't some unique version like Scholar of the First Sin since I just picked up the base game during the winter sale. D:

Rodin

Cover is less shitty than III at least.

I'd say this puts a pin in the Switch port rumour.
Even if that build exists (which isn't exactly a given considering that LKD more than proved that she isn't 100% accurate), there's no way a port of the game was ready to be released now.

Strife91

Should I get this for PS4 or PC? Are there a lot of cheaters on PC? How big is the community on PC? Is it easy to find soul signs?

Should I get this for PS4 or PC? Are there a lot of cheaters on PC? How big is the community on PC? Is it easy to find soul signs?

I only recently played DS2: Scholar of the First Sin a couple months ago and finding signs and online stuff was actually really easy. Can't imagine this would be dead if that was still active. Especially if the GOTY has just been released.

Wagram

That's a pretty sweet name for the GOTY edition. I'll pick up the PS4 edition when it hits $20 for the trophy run.

takoyaki

Won't happen, multiplayer is the reason.

At least with Nioh everyone has access to 60fps.

They should make a singleplayer-only mode for people who don't want to summon that allows for 60fps on Pro.

But you're probably right, I can't see them putting in the additional work for the comparatively small install-base of the Pro either.

Not a fan of the box art. I miss the "Dark Souls III Man" who always gave a reassuring thumbs up :c

In fact, I dislike the box art so much, when I purchase Dark Souls III, I will purchase the original.

Nev

Banned

DS2, the least popular game in the franchise with 2 separate versions on PC is full of messages and blood stains in every area. I'm sure the dedicated community –the one that matters in the long run– is on PC. Dark Souls 1 is even more active than DS2 according to the steam charts, but the online infraestructure of that game is fucked up (just like the rest of the port), so there are barely any visible ghosts/messages/stains unless you use some online mod.

I think you're safe going with PC. It has free online too. Sony holds hostage even the asynchronous online elements of DS and BB. They're that scummy. Don't give them the money.

Phil Fish

Banned
I just realized, there isn't even an indication of whether this includes the DLC or not. Is this just a reprint with a GOTY label?

hotcyder

Is 3 any good? I think one is the bee's knees but didn't get on at all with 2 - I've heard it splits the different but I don't know how.

If they were doing a 60 fps option, they could have a set of servers for 60 and a set for 30, with no communication. Problem solved.

Auctopus

I wonder if that JP art is actually FROM, doesn't seem to make any sense, lore-wise. The firekeeper and an Abyss-Walker (or is that the guy from the DLC?), are they on top of Firelink Shrine tower?

Cruxist

How's PS4 support for this? I played on Xbox One, and framerate issues drove me nuts, didn't pick up the DLC. Any PS4 patches address this at all?

Aces&Eights

Pretty bitter sweet news for me. Sad that it's an end to a series of games that I absolutely adore but also, more Dark Souls! Miyazaki, feel free to drop news on your new game anytime now please.

Spiegel13

Neo Member
I wonder if that JP art is actually FROM, doesn't seem to make any sense, lore-wise. The firekeeper and an Abyss-Walker (or is that the guy from the DLC?), are they on top of Firelink Shrine tower?

It's actually the painter and "uncle". Makes sense.
Cd4BjpL.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm sure you see it that way.

What exactly are you implying? That I'm extremely skeptical of Dale's BG&E2 rumour hardly means I've an agenda.

The rumor said the game was in development and running at a level the devs liked. It also said THEY WERE WATING TO SEE HOW THE SWITCH DOES BEFORE COMMITTING.... On the game. To my knowledge the switch hasn't been released yet so they can't judge how it is doing.

Yes, but:

Even if that build exists (which isn't exactly a given considering that LKD more than proved that she isn't 100% accurate), there's no way a port of the game was ready to be released now.

The rumour began circulating almost two months ago and the port was said to have been in development for "several months". If a Switch version of the GOTY Edition were on the cards, I think it would have at least been announced today as it'd be approaching completion at this point.

I've waited to buy this game, and now I think I know when I will.

If it doesn't come to NA, no biggie since PS4 is region-free.

Top Bottom