• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 - Global Testfire announced (March 24-26)

Zalman

Announcement video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QjK3uTO4mg
BREAKING NEWS! A Squid Research Lab special report:
Nintendo Switch owners will soon be able to participate in a special Splatoon 2 preview. A special demo version of Splatoon 2 will be available for download on Nintendo Switch and will allow players to battle against opponents around the world in the Splatoon 2 Global Testfire event. It’s a way for everyone to investigate the latest in cephalopod warfare months before the game launches!
The Splatoon 2 Global Testfire will give Nintendo Switch owners six chances to play with other owners worldwide during the three-day event.

All indications are that the content for the Global Testfire is similar to what’s being offered on the Nintendo Switch Preview Tour. Players can test four different main weapons, including the new Splat Dualies, as well as remixed versions of the iconic Splat Roller and Splat Charger. Extraordinary!
We look forward to sharing additional findings soon, such as when the demo will be available for download on Nintendo eShop.

C4a3vlTXUAEjbpV.jpg:small

North America:
C4a3wXuXUAAQ3tH.jpg:small

Europe:
8TBsSlg.jpg

Japan:
C4c5LmFUEAEWSzB.jpg:small

GhostBed

Damnitttt, wish i could have got a preorder.

The first global test fire was hype as fuck, i'm sure this will be no different.

I'll admit I can't use any other weapon than the roller, and my wife is the same. But I wouldn't want to use another one anyway because I'm more interested in the painting than the splatting. The roller is the best painting weapon.

EDarkness

Awesome. Gonna test out using joycons in the split config to see how well it plays. If it's comfortable, then I'll definitely pick up Splatoon 2. Can't wait to try it.

Toadsili T

Neo Member
YES

ROLLERS WILL BE OP AGAIN

Never forget! SplatGAF never forgets!

tumblr_no2f8pZXDs1qdkmpmo1_540.jpg

Definitely won't have a Switch this early in the game, but I myself am hyped that Nintendo are doing this. Definitely a good way to drum up some extra interest for the early adopters!

... the painful wait between the testfire and release is gonna be harsh on some squids here, that's for sure.

Of course they announce this right after my wife and I cancel our redundant second Switch console pre-order because we won't need it for a few months.

"Six special one-hour playtimes!"

Why do they do this shit?! How about having an open beta for a whole weekend?
server stress test. limiting 1 hour in specific time period is kinda a good way to stress test whether your server can handle high volume of connections
3 weeks, might be a little longer this time.
Unless it's time for a shadow drop.
ah. I thought it's more than 1 month last time haha

Jaagen

Didn't expect that. Laid down my pre-order for the Switch yesterday, so I'm glad to get something else to play in March (besides Zelda), even though it's just for a short period of time.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
"Six special one-hour playtimes!"

Why do they do this shit?! How about having an open beta for a whole weekend?

Cause they're trying to stress test the severs, having everyone rush online at once at a certain time its a perfect way to test that.

Let's
fucking
LFG

Boy it sure is weird that all the matchmaking for this global testfire is going to be handled on an app that wont exist yet, huh. Isn't that right, everyone of you impossibly obtuse members claiming even the possibility that something as basic as matchmaking of any sort for any online switch title would be exclusively handled outside of each piece of software individually on a fucking companion app?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
YES.
I really need to look into the competitive scene in europe. look what splatoon clans a looking for new members and shit.

Top Bottom