• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pewdiepie's response video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could only watch a couple minutes, but starting off with "the media doesn't like me because they're scared of my success" is a pretty bold move.

Those YouTube comments are something else too...

SaniOYOYOY

Im glad he addresses that 3 wsj guy,

edit : And I like how he leave disney and google, and his appreciation for the fellow youtuber.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Honestly can't have any sympathy for the guy. When you're rolling in as much cash as he is you should have a bit more sense about what you're uploading...at least show it to someone with some sense and go "Hey you think this'll get me some shit?" if you're unsure.

He did apologize for his comments and does not support hate groups. A summary from Glixel for those who can't watch:

"The more I punch back, the more I get back as well," he says in the 11 minute video. "This year I said to myself was going to be more honest, I'm not going to keep smiling to the media. I'm going to be more open about things and I knew there was going to be a price to pay for that. I thought, you know what, it's worth it."

During the video the 27 year-old also laments that his charity work isn't recognised and only vaguely recognizes he's made a mistake. While defending the stunts as jokes he refers to himself as a "rookie comedian," admits that the joke may have gone too far but also blames the Wall Street Journal for taking his "jokes" out of context.

Towards the end of the video PewDiePie raises a middle-finger to his detractors. "I'm still here, I'm still making videos, nice try Wall Street Journal. Try again motherfuckers."

Unwanted

Neo Member
Could only watch a couple minutes, but starting off with "the media doesn't like me because they're scared of my success" is a pretty bold move.

Those YouTube comments are something else too...

I understood it more of the media hates him/ other internet personalities because they are scared of the influence they carry and the size of audience, which is what he says in the video.

Cruxist

Sorry Pewds, but your content is lame. You aren't pushing some cultural boundary or creating some lasting amazing work. So when the media focuses on your money, thats because that's kind of an important part of your story. Probably the only big thing that matters.

Uhyve

After seeing some of the WSJ cuts in context, I can't blame him for thinking the media is out to get him.

And you can pretty much guarantee that his massive subscriber base just took a giant hit to their trust in the media.

Slayven

The lack of self awarness and reflection is amazing. I give him that.

He isn't sorry he did it, he is sorry it is fucking with the money.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Half the video is over and he's only blamed the media. Is this not supposed to be an apology?

I understood it more of the media hates him/ other internet personalities because they are scared of the influence they carry and the size of audience, which is what he says in the video.

Influence over what though? PewDiePie isn't doing think pieces about economic policy, the average WSJ reader doesn't have a lot of crossover with a PDP viewer.

They write articles only about the money, because to most of the world that's the only notable thing about people talking into a camera about playing video games. And if you look at it from the outside, they're basically right.

Moobabe

Influence over what though? PewDiePie isn't doing think pieces about economic policy, the average WSJ reader doesn't have a lot of crossover with a PDP viewer.

They write articles only about the money, because to most of the world that's the only notable thing about people talking into a camera about playing video games. And if you look at it from the outside, they're basically right.

Influence over his audience? He has MILLIONS of people watching every single video he makes - he, alone, has more subscribers that the entire print media circulation in the UK.

If you actually watch the WSJ video and see how it took cuts from PDP's work and took them grossly out of context, it's not hard to see where he's coming from.

He addressed the fiver incident in an earlier video a few months ago.

I mean being labelled a fascist by JK Rowling is taking the piss a bit.

Skronk

Banned
So basically he's a Trump JR.

Got it.

Media is the problem, not him.

Be a man, take responsibility for your stupidity.

#pewdieTRUMP

Jeez, I hadn't even given though to what that guy might do as a dangerously rich old man with millions of indoctrinated followers...

Piggus

The lack of self awarness and reflection is amazing. I give him that.

He isn't sorry he did it, he is sorry it is fucking with the money.

Did you even watch the video? He said sorry for the words he used in the video and that it was a mistake to try to push those boundaries.

Button

Banned
Not surprised with the responses here. Most people will not forgive him. Jesus, people, watch the whole video!

Jesus. What a disaster. Averting blame, attacking the media, and using the old "I've given a ton to charities!" line. No sense of regret at all. Other than the lost money/bad press of course.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Man, sometimes it is just really, really hard for someone to apologize, reflect and pledge to learn from errors in judgment.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
He's just talking, why the hell does it look like this:
De1I0Pb.gif

Xtars

So basically he's a Trump JR.

Got it.

Media is the problem, not him.

Be a man, take responsibility for your stupidity.

#pewdieTRUMP

He does take responsibility for his actions and even says he took it too far.

And he does blame the mainstream media for taking it out of context and misrepresenting him, which is fair in this instance.

rhandino

Banned
"Media hates me"

"I am sorry you are upset"

"It was only a joke out of context"

... Ok.

EDIT: Oh! at the "I give a lot to charities"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom