• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blaster Master Zero |OT| A Blast from the Past

Cerium

ak3sh5F.png

Ofh0MFd.png

MNgLrFa.png

f7QuIvh.png

1kTkbYg.png

QaXod5x.png

I'll be buying this after work tomorrow. I'm looking forward to the nostalgia! I hope it's not nerfed for today's average gamer.

I have to save froggy!

Really want but gonna save it for when I get a Switch. I know it's coming to 3DS but I want to play it on my TV and Switch needs games I like before Arms and Splatoon 2.

But it looks sooo good!

noquarter

Never completed the first one, made out to level 8 pretty consistently, just couldn't deal the deal. Do I need to know how the story ends to enjoy this game?

Did the kid ever get his frog back, or did I kill him in one of the levels?

Looking forward to this, hope it is better then Blasting Again, as that was not a very good game, no matter how much my friend and I forced ourselves to play it and try to enjoy it.

KodaRuss

This will be a day 1 purchase for me whenever I pick up a switch. Spent so much time playing this game on my NES

This looks neat. I just watched a video of some gameplay and it was so weird to see the game without all the classic NES screen glitching of the original. I'd get this if I get a switch.

No pro controller support, no buy.

Wait what?! This is a thing that switch games are capable of not supporting?!?

This looks neat. I just watched a video of some gameplay and it was so weird to see the game without all the classic NES screen glitching of the original. I'd get this if I get a switch.

Wait what?! This is a thing that switch games are capable of not supporting?!?

Snipperclips doesn't either. Learned the hard way when I wanted to do three player. :/ I don't really get why devs are doing that at all.

Can't wait. This is the kind of game that I hope a place like Limited Run Games can get a physical copy out of as well.

evanmisha

Wait, what, they have to patch in Pro Controller support? Why isn't it native by default?

Who knows? Someone bitched at Inti the other day about it and they responded by confirming a fix is on the way and that they were aiming for tomorrow. Guess that's out

psyfi

Banned
when I'm done with Zelda next year there's going to be so many rad Switch games for me to pick up

seriously tho, I'll buy this day one but probably won't get to it till april

duckroll

Who knows? Someone bitched at Inti the other day about it and they responded by confirming a fix is on the way and that they were aiming for tomorrow. Guess that's out

Damn, between this and Snipperclips, this suggests a lapse in Nintendo's dev tools. If indies can miss out Pro Controller support when shipping a game, that's no good. Hope someone escalates it quick and it gets addressed. There is zero reason why anything that uses traditional controls should not support the Pro Controller.

This game is REALLY good. It scratches that Super Metroid itch really well while also vastly improving on the top down sections from the original, turning them into some of my favourite parts of the game. There's also some really nice pixel art in there, especially for some of the larger bosses

It's fantastic and I hope Inti continues with this series and continues to move it forward

evanmisha

Damn, between this and Snipperclips, this suggests a lapse in Nintendo's dev tools. If indies can miss out Pro Controller support when shipping a game, that's no good. Hope someone escalates it quick and it gets addressed. There is zero reason why anything that uses traditional controls should not support the Pro Controller.

Aren't mandates like 'must support pro controllers!' the kind of thing that scares off 3rd party support, though? I get that this sounds ridiculous, but when a dev says, "[Nintendo treats] us like celebrities!" or whatever that recent quote was, what I imagine is a relationship wherein the dev can do and has the tools to do whatever they want, so long as they pass certification.

I swear I heard a lot of similar complaints around the early years of the Wii. Not as if to say that this is any reason for Inti not to bother with pro controller support when in this case I imagine it's not exceedingly difficult to accomplish, but I think Nintendo might be steering clear of any hard lines like mandating specific controller support.

Also, didn't a first party studio co-develop Snipperclips in some capacity? Surely they'd have a lock on the dev tools if anyone would. That case seems like a (silly) conscious decision whereas this reads like an oversight.

Macheezmo

I watched Big Jon play through this the other day, and it looks sooo good. The only downside (I'm sure some will see it as an upside) is that you get unlimited lives, which makes it a bit easy.

I watched Big Jon play through this the other day, and it looks sooo good. The only downside (I'm sure some will see it as an upside) is that you get unlimited lives, which makes it a bit easy.
Yeah, it is pretty easy, but I don't think it's to the game's detriment tbh. It's still incredibly fun, and the way checkpoints work (especially in the top down sections) there is still a slight bit of challenge doesn't make death totally inconsequential

ggx2ac

lol

So they're patching in Pro Controller support?
I can wait a week then.

This is reminding me of NSMBU when it took some time before they patched in controller support for single player.

Branduil

Yeah, I mean, this isn't a Wii U situation where the Pro controller is missing several major features of the default controller. There is no functional difference between the Pro controller and the joycons in the grip, so it's mind-boggling support isn't automatic.

Top Bottom