• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steep is free to play this weekend on PS4, Xbox One and PC

Theorry

Steep will be free to download and play from Friday until Monday on PS4, Xbox One and PC, Ubisoft has announced.

The free weekend offers full access to the game, including all online modes and the recently released Alaska content.

The dates you need to know.

Xbox One: Friday March 10 at 8:01am until Monday March 13 at 7:59am

PS4/PC: Friday March 10 at 6pm until Monday March 13 at 6pm

Those wishing to continue playing will be able to take advantage of a limited time sale across the Xbox Store, PSN and Ubisoft Store, with discounts of up to 50 per cent.
https://www.videogamer.com/news/steep-is-free-to-play-this-weekend-on-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc

ClarkZuckerberg

Neo Member
That's pretty cool. I played the beta but honestly only got a few minutes in. I'll give this more of a shot since it's the full release. Usually trophies are disabled for this kind of thing, but would be interesting if they weren't.

Not Drake

I've heard some warm impressions about it so I decided to buy it. It was around 20 euros at my local electronic store for a Gold Edition. I don't know if the DLC is any good, but I liked the cover. Gonna start it up later this month.

_Rob_

The beta felt very bare bones to me, it was fun to try out each sport for 5 minutes but there wasn't much else "fun" to be had. I'll try out the full game over the weekend, but I doubt it'll scratch the SSX itch I'd hoped it would.

jdstorm

Banned
Loved the beta, but decided to prioritize buying the Switch version. Will probably double dip on the PS4 digitally with a nice price drop

skynidas

Banned
I've heard some warm impressions about it so I decided to buy it. It was around 20 euros at my local electronic store for a Gold Edition. I don't know if the DLC is any good, but I liked the cover. Gonna start it up later this month.

Wow, the gold edition for 20 euros is a great deal.

Nameless

Fun game, then they dumbed down the trick system. Haven't played it much since but will revisit when the free Alaska DLC hits.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I'll try this out, I'm glad someone is still creating games like this. My memories of obsessively playing the original SSX almost 17 years ago (!) are quite idyllic.

FWIW, you can already download the trial on PSN. I assume it won't launch yet.

Hopefully those who are interested give this a go.

One of the most underrated games of last year.
Not gonna lie: I was really interested in it, but the DLC scheme killed it for me and I figured I'd buy the gold edition on sale.

Skyzard

Banned
Nice, will definitely check it out but I probably still won't buy it till it drops in price.

Just want to play it casually every now and then...and it's priced at £45!

MikeyB

Downloaded and I like it quite a bit. It is a good game and I see myelf buying it depending on the next couple of plays this weekend.

The mountain is huge, the challenges fun, and the different activities varied enough to keep me playing for a while.

Things that bother me a little:
-The landing mechanics seem a little obscure. I tried plling off near identical jumps many times and couldn't tell what resulted in a solid landing. Seems that there js a bit of RNG at work.

-The tricks seem limited so far. Four moves with a grab variation?

-The snow types seem to be uniform. It is either snow or rock. No ice, groomed, windpacked, or powder. Nothing where you can really set an edge.

-The light and ambiance settings are slightly too open. It would be nice if they progressed on their own. Maybe they do.

All minor gripes.

ironcreed

Banned
I bought it recently and am very glad I did. It is the ultimate palette cleanser from the usual sort of games I play and is also quite addictive.

jdstorm

Banned
If you want to play it undocked, be aware that the game is online only.

Im mainly prioritizing the switch version because i want 3rd party support on Nintendo platforms and I'm happy to vote with my wallet.

The Online only thing wont be a big deal though. Im mostly going to use the switch as a Homeheld. So it will always be in range of regular Wifi

Just played for 15 minutes and it was pretty fun. I think I'd prefer a more arcade-y style like SSX more but I sure had fun. Didn't even realize I had missed games like these. The price is still a tad too...nevermind.

ironcreed

Banned
It can be atmospheric as hell. A shame more people are not giving it a go.

C6r4DmmVAAA9V83.jpg:large

C6r7czdWYAAnVcr.jpg:large

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I'm enjoying the preview, as others have said it really is a good change of pace from the usual.

One reservation though: the mountain "talking" to you during that early downhill pursuit run is a bit hippie-dippie for my tastes.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I am eagerly awaiting the Switch port - I hope it runs smoothly on handheld mode.

It's perfect for throwing on some podcasts and relaxing.

Top Bottom