• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Finding Zelda Wii U Locations in Breath of the Wild (2014 Game Awards)

Gamexplain posted a pretty interesting video this morning where they tracked down most of the locations from the old Zelda Wii U trailers in Zelda Breath of the Wild. It's a little surprising how little the world has changed since then, while looking pretty different at the same time.

https://youtu.be/k9zRRGonwQo

zelda-changes.jpg

RagnarokX

"Who could have guessed?"

Me. 2 years ago. :p

dxgfuuy.jpg

I was surprisingly spot on :D

Here's the 2 pillars in Faron as seen in the switch event trailer
K43SffA.jpg

I made these last week but people thought I was trying to compare the graphics and threw a fit:
Ly8WeRQ.jpg

PNbWihM.jpg

They should have pointed out that you can see what became Hateno's town gate in the 2014 footage.

"Who could have guessed?"

Me. 2 years ago. :p

dxgfuuy.jpg

I was surprisingly spot on :D

Here's the 2 pillars in Faron as seen in the switch event trailer
K43SffA.jpg

I made these last week but people thought I was trying to compare the graphics and threw a fit:
Ly8WeRQ.jpg

PNbWihM.jpg

They should have pointed out that you can see what became Hateno's town gate in the 2014 footage.

Awesome Member indeed.

mr.beers

Now we need to find the location from the first E3 trailer. I wonder if it still exists at all.

I have found a few slopes that resemble that area but everything else is completely different and I have 120 hours in the game it is possible that area doesn't exist.

KooopaKid

Banned
Awesome video from GameXPlain, hadn't seen it yet.

Now we need to find the location from the first E3 trailer. I wonder if it still exists at all.

You can kind of deduce it thanks to the twin mountains but the area changed dramatically.
I'd say it's somewhere South East of Hateno tower, facing West.

Also it's quite amazing how the traveller's shield and bow are identical to the E3 2014 reveal, 3 years apart!

Top Bottom