• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This newsletter's problem for PSN should be solved, it's ridiculous

Ludens

Banned
So, many users including me can't receive any mail from Sony (except a proof of purchase or Plus monthly mail) from years. The notification box is marked, but simply users affected by this problem receive nothing at all (including promotional mail with discount code or, just a recent issue for me, a mail informing you are eligible for a 10€ voucher since you spent 50€ on PSN). I tried to contact the support, but they can do nothing at all.

This is just an example of other users with the same problem, but doing a google search will give you many and mant pages with this unsolved problem.

https://community.us.playstation.co...tation-newsletter-email-Problem/td-p/46080413

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/61g602/how_many_of_you_arent_getting_the_playstation/

For me this started right after the outage, I tried to chance my mail several times, but nothing worked.

In 2017 it's simply ridiculous a company can't solve such a simple problem, expecially if there are money on the table, both for the user (who will probably spend his money if he will receive a discount code) and Sony.

Mimosa97

Sony doesn't give a fuck and support tells you there's nothing they can do about it. You can try to change your email adress but it doesn't fix shit.

Worst thing is that I have the same problem for both my psn accounts (french and canadian) even though I use different email adresses.

I've been with Sony since the PS1 and spent thousands of dollars on digital games since the PS3 era. I always have to remember how much Sony doesn't care about their customers. It's a one way relationship. I just have to accept it I guess.

Ludens

Banned
Different campaigns for different sections of their user base, I guess.

? What do you mean? Newsletter used to work, outage happened for me and it stopped working, and I lost ton of offers and promo codes because Sony can't fix this issue.

SNIKT!

I actually didn't know this was such a wide spread issue. I figured it'd be an easy fix so I called customer support a couple of days ago and the dude said, no shit, that I should try unchecking the box, and checking it again. Like...what?

I guess this must affect me as well since I've never once received one of those promo coupons or credits.

Only get receipt confirms and e-mails from PS Rewards.

Chesskid1

Banned
i was able to fix this by changing my psn email, did it about a week ago and received my first newsletter a few days ago, had my box checkmarked for like 5 years.

i used the gmail + trick where you can add +whatever to any gmail and it still works, ie blahblah+psn@gmail.com goes to blahblah@gmail.com

and also my account is now more secure because unique email

This started happening to me early last year, only I stopped getting purchase notifications and receipts as well. It's incredibly annoying. I missed out on one of those $15 promotions because I never got the email, and of course their customer support is worthless.

Fucking successful Sony is Arrogant Sony.

That's such an annoying thing to say, especially over a newsletter (which for the record I also am upset I don't receive).

Edit: although a couple of days ago I got PS Now and MLB emails from Playstation so I guess after checking both boxes under my account settings it kicked in.

Withnail

You did check your spam folder right? I've had a few instances of thinking I hadn't received an email when it turned out gmail had filed it as spam.

SNIKT!

i was able to fix this by changing my psn email, did it about a week ago and received my first newsletter a few days ago, had my box checkmarked for like 5 years.

i used the gmail trick where you can add periods to your email name and it still works

I just tried doing this by adding periods to my existing associated gmail account and I couldn't update it since it said "an account with this email already exists." did you have to create a whole new gmail account?

SNIKT!

Nvm, apparently I had to add more than one period. Just got the email to confirm the change. We'll see if this does it.

Was the 20% off coupon intended to be universal, or is it targeting specific people or groups? I mean, are you sure it's Sony being dicks, or is it Sony doing what nearly every other online marketer that offers coupons does?

SarusGray

Was the 20% off coupon intended to be universal, or is it targeting specific people or groups? I mean, are you sure it's Sony being dicks, or is it Sony doing what nearly every other online marketer that offers coupons does?
We aren't receiving newsletters period lol

Same problem here, i asked about it on twitter and was told to uncheck the box and then check it again and i'd get an email within 2 days. Didn't get anything :/ Really annoying because i really wanted the PSN stats email that went around a week or so ago.

Yup. I never get email from them despite trying. I've never actually had to try to get a company to put me on their mailing list. It's bizarre.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I never get promo codes or anything like that. Thought it was just because I'm in Europe/Sweden, but who knows.

Chesskid1

Banned
I don't get it. Let's say my email adress is Sonyfanboy@gmail.com. I should create a new gmail account and call it Sonyfanboy+psn@gmail.com and all the emails I get will be automatically forwarded to Sonyfanboy@gmail.com ?

you can add +whatever to the end of your gmail address, and it will go to your original address. for example sonyfanboy+cool@gmail.com will automatically go to sonyfanboy@gmail.com. i use it when i want to sign up for something multiple times but don't want to make another email, or anything else where i need another email.

Mimosa97

no, you dont need to make a new one at all just change emaill address on psn to sony.fanboy@gmail.com and psn will treat it as a new email while still sending the email to the old email address

you can add +whatever to the end of your gmail address, and it will go to your original address. for example sonyfanboy+cool@gmail.com will automatically go to sonyfanboy@gmail.com. i use it when i want to sign up for something multiple times but don't want to make another email, or anything else where i need another email.

Oh ok I get it now :)

Thank you very much !

Yea it's pretty annoying. Afraid I'm not even going to get my extra 3 months free Psn for buying a year promotion they had last month.

I've had same email tied to Psn for years and never seen one newsletter. Let alone any cool 10% or 20% off.

Ludens

Banned
Nvm, apparently I had to add more than one period. Just got the email to confirm the change. We'll see if this does it.

Let me know, I won't change it for now but I will if this really works.
Do you need to mess up with 2 steps auth when you change your email on PSN?

If anything, it sounds like this dumb system's best solution is to change it, wait until a newsletter comes, then change it back.

cooldawn

I've never received unsolicited emails from Sony. Just confirmation of funds/purchases.

I don't even know what the Newsletter is/does/has.

Ludens

Banned
I know people talk about two boxes to mark in the notification section, but I have only one here (Italy).

Opa-Pa

i used the gmail + trick where you can add +whatever to any gmail and it still works, ie blahblah+psn@gmail.com goes to blahblah@gmail.com

and also my account is now more secure because unique email

Does this only work for Gmail addresses? I've been having this problem for years, but I use some extremely old address lol.

Mengetsu

The account email I use doesn't use gmail though..I might have to make another new email just to try this out. My friend started magically started getting newsletters again last week after a year. It's just really odd.

Ludens

Banned
The account email I use doesn't use gmail though..I might have to make another new email just to try this out. My friend started magically started getting newsletters again last week after a year. It's just really odd.

Did he change something?

I just tweeted them about the £10 offer and they said I should receive an email before the 9th. Could be the same for you too.

RocknRola

Oh... So this is why I havent received stuff other than purchases from Sony. Well, damn. That sucks.

:(

No solution at all on our end?

ViciousDS

Banned
Apparently I haven't verified my email despite having the account and making purchases for over 6 years and that was the reason for never receiving newsletters. How the fuck do you let people go on that long without verifying the email? Especially since I know damn well I did it when I created the account!

Ludens

Banned
Oh... So this is why I havent received stuff other than purchases from Sony. Well, damn. That sucks.

:(

No solution at all on our end?

Apparently no. I mean, I doubt the gmail trick actually did the work, considering I changed my mail several times and I still have the problem after literally years.

I actually didn't know this was such a wide spread issue. I figured it'd be an easy fix so I called customer support a couple of days ago and the dude said, no shit, that I should try unchecking the box, and checking it again. Like...what?

Did he ask you if your PS4 is plugged in?

Teepo671

I always wondered why I never get any promotional offers from the PS Store aside from that Sony Rewards thing which is useless to me anyway since even digital rewards from there can't be claimed by residents of Guam.
Things like this really makes me miss when Microsoft was on top with the 360. As annoying as the RROD was, at least I never had as many issues with XBL as I've had with PSN.

Top Bottom