• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

That's So Cloak and Dagger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freeform has announced that its TV series based on the Marvel Comics title “Cloak & Dagger” is officially a go with the series receiving a ten episode first season order following the pilot wrapping production recently. The budget for the series will reportedly match Marvel’s Netflix shows.

In other TV news, Disney Channel has ordered a spinoff of its long running series “That’s So Raven”. Titled “Raven’s Home,” the multi-camera comedy is scheduled to go into production this month in Los Angeles for a 2017 premiere.

Raven-Symone and Anneliese van der Pol will reprise their roles from the original series, both now divorced single mothers raising two separate families in one chaotic household just as one of Raven’s kids starts showing signs of being able to glimpse the future.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/cloak-dagger-raven-spin-off-greenlit/

HMja7es.gif

Never heard of Freeform before. Hopefully they put some talented writers on this one.

Bronx-Man

Banned
So Raven and Chelsea both finished high school, college, got married, had kids, and got divorced in the span of 10 years?

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
The commercials promoting this will be great. And I'm talking about the Cloak & Dagger ABC family cut commercials.

Raven is a 4 year old to me.

kswiston

So Raven and Chelsea both finished high school, college, got married, had kids, and got divorced in the span of 10 years?

If you switched it to "got pregnant, got married" and made the college part optional, that sounds like at least a dozen people that I went to highschool with.

Khezu

I only skimmed the OP at first and thought Raven was reprising her role in Cloak and Dagger as some kind of cross over and was really confused.

Hopefully Disney learns from the mistakes they made with Girl Meets World for this Raven show. Putting it on Freeform instead of Disney Channel is the first sign that they might have.

guek

Banned
Hopefully Disney learns from the mistakes they made with Girl Meets World for this Raven show. Putting it on Freeform instead of Disney Channel is the first sign that they might have.

Whatever happened with Girl Meets World? I watched Boy Meets World growing up but never bothered with the spin off. Did it flop?

I might be wrong but I don't think the Netflix budgets were all that big.

I was about to say, Iron Fist didn't look that much better than your typical Freeform action show.

I think Daredevil was an average of about three million per episode.

Actually, scratch all that. It's more than DD. This article confirms a $42 million budget for 10 episodes of Cloak and Dagger.

http://screenrant.com/cloak-dagger-budget-freeform-marvel-netflix/

I was about to say, Iron Fist didn't look that much better than your typical Freeform action show.

I think Daredevil was an average of about three million per episode.

Actually, scratch all that. It's more than DD. This article confirms a $42 million budget for 10 episodes of Cloak and Dagger.

http://screenrant.com/cloak-dagger-budget-freeform-marvel-netflix/
Well damn. I guess some of the shows (Daredevil) put the money to good use more than others (Iron Fist).

Whatever happened with Girl Meets World? I watched Boy Meets World growing up but never bothered with the spin off. Did it flop?

Cancelled after three seasons. Ratings started off high, but never stabilized, so while they were still decent/good at the end, the danger was that they'd just keep falling.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Say what you will about Raven but she was easily the funniest person on Disney Channel to me back in the day. I felt like she worked the hardest out of anyone... Very high energy. I would like to see if she retains any of that.

Joni

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom