• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 - Everything You Need To Know

Link.

Dive into the story, the new innovative gear system, and the huge variety of gameplay in Injustice 2.

The video gives players a closer look at the game’s Story Mode and the variety of Super Hero and Super-Villain alliances at play, including factions led by the Dark Knight, Gorilla Grodd, and others, along with wild card characters like Supergirl and Swamp Thing.

Players will also get an introduction to the brand new social experience that Injustice 2 is bringing to the fighting game scene. In the game, players will be able to form a guild with up to 50 other players to share gear and build their own team of Super Heroes. They’ll also earn gear and other rewards that are exclusive to guild gameplay in daily and weekly cooperative objectives as they collaborate with friends to climb the worldwide leaderboards.

This comprehensive overview has everything players need to prepare for the launch of Injustice 2 on May 16 – from an in-depth look at the new Gear System, to a sneak peek at Multiverse mode and even the Injustice 2 mobile experience.

sinkfla87

1 week! We gotta get this GAF guild going lol. Curious though, I'm planning on getting the game for both PS4 and Xbox. Can I link my mobile account to both?!

Neoxon

The content seems extensive, though I'm kinda sad that certain special moves will be locked behind gear.

Boke1879

This game and Tekken 7 will be my main fighting games. Both games look to have so much content and I love that.

Neoxon

I'm also glad that NRS is finally taking the FGC a bit more seriously (& with Sony funding no less, pulling double duty between it & the CPT). I'm not sure if it'll topple SFV or the Smash games competitively, but I can respect NRS putting in some legit competitive effort.

Stoked as hell, really hope non UE owners dont have to jump through too many hoops to get the Reverse Flash skin

That reminds me, is that the name they're going with for him on this?

I'm definitely looking the look of this, although only one of my mains (at least it was my most used main, Cyborg) has made it back in.

That being said, I'm liking the variety of the roster this time around; Swamp Thing and Grodd were two that I really wanted in Injustice 1.

The original was probably one of the few FGs I could play decently, along with SCV. I guess the fact that no one played Cyborg gave me the advantage, because no one knew how to deal with him.

Neoxon

That reminds me, is that the name they're going with for him on this?

I'm definitely looking the look of this, although only one of my mains (at least it was my most used main, Cyborg) has made it back in.

That being said, I'm liking the variety of the roster this time around; Swamp Thing and Grodd were two that I really wanted in Injustice 1.
I mean, the roster is still a bit too Batman-heavy, but there's some legit variety this time beyond that.

fernoca

Wow, there's more stuff than I anticipated. The guilds-thing sounds ace, been able to trade gear with other people.

This is what i call content.

Wish Injustice 2 and Tekken 7 would be the standard for fighting games.

If you put so much stuff in the base game i have no problem with DLC and they deserve it.

Ultimate pass includes 9 dlc characters.

Also includes 3 Premium Skins and 2 shaders which have are exclusive to the Ultimate Edition.

You'll be able to buy the characters and the premium skins as part of season passes/A la carte but not the shaders which are exclusive to the Ultimate Edition.

Sesha

I'm excited. The only real minuses for me are:

- NRS' still wonky animations. It seems like an improvement over their previous efforts, but it's not there yet.
- The lack of stylization compared to other 2D fighting games on the market. Stylization is a big thing for me.
- The lame Injustice universe.
- No characters I'm super passionate about.
- MK and potentially other guest characters that I don't want holding the DC DLC characters hostage by having one in each pack.

Anyway, I'm excited to play most of the new characters, mechanically it looks like a step up over previous NRS (even MKX which does a lot of cool stuff), and the story mode looks impressive in terms of production values.

How much is the UE on the US PSN? I'm thinking of picking that up but it's like £90 on the UK one and that is ridiculous.

100$. 99.99$ technically.

I picked up the 90 pound one actually (Regret it heavily) but at least I did manage to take advantage of that spend 50 pounds and get 10 back offer.

BRYCKER

1 week! We gotta get this GAF guild going lol. Curious though, I'm planning on getting the game for both PS4 and Xbox. Can I link my mobile account to both?!

Me too! Both systems FTW! To answer your question, I bought MKX on both systems with at least 1 year in between and I unlocked both mobile unlocks. I think it's all tied to your WB ID thingy.

100$. 99.99$ technically.

I picked up the 90 pound one actually (Regret it heavily) but at least I did manage to take advantage of that spend 50 pounds and get 10 back offer.

Do you know if there will be any other DLC you'd have to buy outside of the UE? It would probably work out more expensive if I had to buy more costumes or whatever down the line from the US store plus it's a bit of a pain.

Do you know if there will be any other DLC you'd have to buy outside of the UE? It would probably work out more expensive if I had to buy more costumes or whatever down the line from the US store plus it's a bit of a pain.

There will undoubtedly be more costumes that will be made available for purchase but none that's been announced for release outside the ones in the UE. Uf you're ONLY interested in the fighters then the UE will probably be the cheapest option. Characters come down to around 4.44$ per character which is pretty damn good.

It might even be the cheapest option overall but I really can't say for sure at this point.

Lothars

There will be, probably a ton of costumes and some of the premier costumes as well.

Khezu

I'm surprised it took them that long to add clans.
It seemed like that's what the MKX faction thing was supposed to be before they changed it into what ever weird ass system it ended up being.

Certinty

Yep, this is the only fighting game I'll need for years.

Heck, the first game is the only fighting game I even play these days.

Ultimate Edition indeed. I'll probably end up getting the UK version. Just to save the hassle of getting US PSN vouchers whenever I want to buy something.

AdaWong

It's so weird to me how Catwoman seems to be getting quite a large and relevant role in the story mode when she got the shaft in the first one.

Top Bottom