• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pyre (Bastion, Transistor) will launch on 25th July + more details

Turkoop

Banned
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...play-ps4s-pyre-when-it-releases-on-25th-july/

34858990861_b4f00a2426_o.jpg

Wozman23

I'm surprised this name made it to launch considering how Bethesda/Zenimax think they own the letters P, R, E, and Y.

samred

in preview form, they've already shown off an impressive adventure/story mode AND a killer two-player sports-ish game. I absolutely cannot wait to play more of this.

Looks great! It's good to hear that there is an interesting single-player campaign because from the promotional trailers thus far I had the impression that it was a multiplayer experience which kinda bummed it out initially.

Transistor was my 2014 GOTY, so I'm particularly excited about Pyre!

FHIZ

Wish a theme came with that pre order. These games have the perfect art and music to make a PS4 theme. The Transistor one is sooooo good.

I'll be there day one. Supergiant has yet to disappoint me.

If any of you heathens haven't played Transistor yet, I highly recommend it so you can play one of the best games ever made.

Lakuza

oh, this had fallen off my radar.
Will definately be getting this day 1.
Not sure if it can beat transistor (still listen to the songs from that game from time to time :D ) but it still looks fun.

bender

What time is it?
I love everything about Supergiant Games except playing them and that's not to say they are bad games, they just don't click with me. I'll still give this a shot. 3rd time is the charm or whatnot.

Jacqli

I loved Transistor
's OST :( for a weird reason, I am not interested in their games. Like they look beautiful and so on, but the gameplay or the actual graphics always hold me back.

Speely

Banned
This game looks really cool. I love the atmosphere and characters, and the gameplay looks really fun. Combine that with the talent behind it, and it's a day one for me.

Looks great! It's good to hear that there is an interesting single-player campaign because from the promotional trailers thus far I had the impression that it was a multiplayer experience which kinda bummed it out initially.

Transistor was my 2014 GOTY, so I'm particularly excited about Pyre!
Actually, the game even didn't have a multiplayer mode when it was first shown off. People asked the devs to include multilayer because the gameplay looked like a natural fit for it.

antibolo

Banned
Their games need to show up more often on handhelds.

Transistor should have been ported to Vita, it would have been perfect there.

Hopefully Pyre will see a Switch port.

kasavin

That's how it was initially described. Nba Jam as a RPG.

We consider it a party-based RPG. You know how different RPGs have different battle systems? Whether it's the weird action/strategy hybrid of Valkyria or like a quasi-real-time Grandia thing or phased real-time like Baldur's Gate or whatever else. There's no hard rule for what an RPG's battle system is.

Ours happens to play out like a head-to-head mystical combat game. Some have likened it to classic action sports games (from NES Hockey to NBA Jam and many others) and we're cool with that though at the center of the game is the campaign with its big (for us anyway) cast of characters and so on. There's also the Versus Mode if you just want the pure action portion, too.

Anyway! Thank-you to folks in this thread for the support...! This has turned out to be the biggest game we've ever made and we're almost there with it, and excited to see what everyone will think of it.

Top Bottom