• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Online: Alchemists of Bresier announced (Koei/Gust x NHN PlayArts, mobile/PC)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f1NuBDlJQQ

DualShockers said:
We also get a new mobile game, Atelier Online: Alchemists of Bresier, coming for iOS and Android.

It's developed in collaboration with NHN PlayArt, and comes with music by ACE and art by Tanu. It will be released in winter 2017 and will feature full multiplayer, character customization, costumes, and a lot of alchemy gameplay.
Source: http://www.dualshockers.com/new-mainline-atelier-game-atelier-online-announced-gust/

DualShockers said:
Interestingly, while the first platforms will be iOS and Android, a PC version is also planned.

http://www.dualshockers.com/newly-a...g-atelier-online-gets-first-gameplay-trailer/

screenshot-6_7_2017-6vjuxw.jpg

screenshot-6_7_2017-6j2ud9.jpg

screenshot-6_7_2017-6r5ufs.jpg

screenshot-6_7_2017-6rsu8k.jpg

Rymuth

Genuinely surprised. I was skeptical they'd translate the concept well into a mobile game but that looked cute.

Is this the first time you play as a male MC Atelier?

Falk

that puzzling face
this is the generation gap

edit:

here's a list of non-mainline entries:
Atelier Marie GB
Atelier Elie GB
Marie & Elie: Atelier Pair
Hermina and Culus: Atelier Lilie Another Story
Atelier Marie, Elie & Anis: Message on the Gentle Breeze
Marie's Charajan
Atelier Marie: Puzzle Workshop
Atelier Elie: Puzzle Workshop
Iris no Atelier: Eternal Mana 2 After Episode
Atelier Lise: The Alchemist of Orde
Atelier Annie: Alchemists of Sera Island
Atelier Lina: The Alchemist of Strahl
Atelier Marie–Elie: The Alchemists of Salburg
Atelier Elkrone: Dear for Otomate
Atelier Questboard
here's an abridged list of mainline entries
Atelier Iris
Mana Khemia

Ventara

It's a shame we never got Atelier Lina. Really enjoyed Annie, and I read Lina was the best of the DS trilogy. Also reminds me of another non-Atelier game we never got, Nora and the Time Studio. Those 2 should not have been left behind.

jiggle

Good they didn't waste their alist artists on this

Looks nice overall
but the models kinda look like a lot of other games

Eusis

*Alchemist. An Atelier is a workshop.
Sorry for nitpicking

But yeah, I could get on board with this. Haven't touched the series since Rorona+.
Fuck this series I thought I could play as a studio. Why call it Atelier if I can't be an Atelier!?

This actually looks neat, hopefully it's localized and not freemium hell. Not optimistic on either though.

Xenoblade Chronicles/Chronicles 2 composers, ACE, working on this caught me by surprise.

Didn't think Chico and Tomori would ever work on Atelier.

Producer

the character models reminded me of rorona 3ds. I still want that game localized...

game looks nice though, apart from the portrait artwork

yaffi

So this is what happened to Chronos Materia?

jk

Looks cute. It doesn't like it's getting the usual soundtrack treatment though.

Seiryoden

Looks interesting. I'm guessing the multiplayer stuff will be based around exploration / social / trade as opposed to the alchemy itself. I'll certainly give it a go.

exfatal

Was there a guy named Edge in one of the Ps2 games from this series? he had a chainsaw sword, really liked that game never got to finish it though.. or am i thinking of a completly different series.

Mozendo

Ahh this is so cute.
I want it.

Was there a guy named Edge in one of the Ps2 games from this series? he had a chainsaw sword, really liked that game never got to finish it though.. or am i thinking of a completly different series.
Chainsaw sword and PS2 makes me think of .hack//G.U.
Did you play that?

Usobuko

Banned
a western release for something like a mobile atelier game may very well stick true to its time limit roots in that you'd have a limited time to play the game before the service discontinues

yep.

it shouldn't come to the west at all, don't seem to be worth the effort.

Mivey

I'm not sure why you assume that. PC version doesn't mean game remade to be a retail PC product.
Retail PC games? I remember reading about that in history class, going back to cave drawings and such. What's that to do with anything?

Falk

that puzzling face
yep.

it shouldn't come to the west at all, don't seem to be worth the effort.

If we're talking about operating as a business out of NA/EU with marketing/translation/etc. as a continual service, yeah, I don't think the intersection between the Atelier fanbase and the target market willing to check out/invest time in another mobile game is big enough outside of Japan to sustain it for a healthy duration of time.

There are alternatives, such as maintaining a localization on the home turf version of a service (how well that'd work with MMO latency requirements, who knows - depends on the game design) or simply just leaving the die-hard international fans to sort it out with manual translations/wikis/etc.

Zero3K

His full name is Edge Vanhite and he is in Atelier Iris 3: Grand Phantasm.

Top Bottom