• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oceanhorn announced for Switch - June 22 (1080p60 docked)

Vitet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OePLA_yrBTQ

From the YT description:
FEATURE OVERVIEW:

- FullHD 1080P/60fps Performance
- based on PC Remastered Version, Ultra Settings
- Supports Pro Controller
- Music from legendary Nobuo Uematsu and Kenji Ito
- 10+ hours of story driven gameplay.
- Master magic and swordfight
- Find ancient items to help you on your quest

Update:
DByuC7OWAAIZk1X.jpg:large

- Price as said by the developer: 14.99$ / 14.99€
- Only digital, but a physical release it's a possibility (by LimitedRunGames)

ryushe

Never heard of this game. Looks surprisingly good.

I say "surprisingly" because I'm surprised I never heard if this game and I hope that's not because of its quality.

Surprised they aren't bringing Oceanhorn: Breath of the Sea to the Switch too.

They haven't announced platforms for the sequel besides iOS, last I checked. I'm sure it's coming to all current-gen consoles and PC.

Anyway, I enjoyed this on PC despite its total lack of originality, up until that goddamn showroom puzzle, which requires a level of precise timing that the controls just don't provide. Hopefully the sequel is better in that regard.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Definitely did not see this coming. I don't understand why N would green light this game but not other ports. This game is okay for what it is. I'm all for more Switch games so bring them on!

AColdDay

Definitely did not see this coming. I don't understand why N would green light this game but not other ports. This game is okay for what it is. I'm all for more Switch games so bring them on!

The fact that I can't play Cosmic Star Heroine on my Switch bugs me to no end.

M3d10n

Oh, it's the first one. The second one is even out yet on iOS. While it will surely come out for PC and consoles, I expect it will be a while before the ports start dropping.

hongcha

Awesome that it is getting released so soon! I held off on the recent vita release because I knew this one would be 60fps. Loved it on my ipad years ago, looking forward to playing it again with proper controls.

sphinx

the piano man
the first piece of music is waaay too similar to "to Zanarkand"... and then the next piece, too similar to wind waker's theme... game needs more personality.

I'd be down for this.

I have it on the iPad and liked it except for the touch screen controls, so this sounds like a perfect way to play it (if the price is right).

It was a pretty charming game with some nice voice acting. Gameplay wise, a clear step below Zelda but still fun. Some godlike title screen music though. One of the best tracks I've heard in a game.

ghibli99

Played, finished, 100%'d this on PC last year. I mean, yeah, you can see its mobile roots in almost everything, but I still had a good time with it. I probably only paid a dollar or less for it since I think I got it in a bundle though. First game I played in 4K, and it stuck to 60fps the entire time.

jack....

This was a decent Zelda clone when I played it on my phone in 2013 or whatever but I'm not sure how well its going to hold up on a system where you can actually play Zelda instead,

Doesn't hold a candle to the actual Zelda series, but it's a fairly enjoyable, if not simple Zelda clone. Probably better suited to the Switch than the PS4 though, and I assume the Vita port is long since dead.

Kikorin

Always been curious to try this one, but I hate to play on phone. The only problem is that I don't know if I want to play a Zelda clone when I can play BotW in the same console (and I'm still playing it from dayone).

Top Bottom