• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order coming to the US and Canada June 25th (iOS, Android)

Didn't see a thread. From the official Facebook page:

18953305_985429298279770_5250125819171112127_o.jpg

Edit
[System Requirements]
Recommended operating system: OS compatible with iOS 8.0 or higher. Enabled devices: iPhone 5 and higher, iPad 3rd generation and higher, iPad Mini 2 and higher, iPod touch 6th generation
*Please confirm system requirements here instead of from the App Store compatibility.
*Incompatible with iPod touch 5th generation and lower, iPhone 4S and lower.
*Incompatible with beta versions of OSes.
A Smartphones or tablets with Android 4.1 or higher and 2GB or more RAM. (Incompatible with Intel CPUs.)
*It is possible that the game will not work on some devices, even with the recommended version or higher.
*Incompatible with N-08D, SH-06D.

Hastati

On a scale of 11 to 10 how bad is the grind/Scarface cocaine mountain gambling addiction drop rates in this game? I'm just about dead inside from playing 3 rng heavy games at once right now, but I'm sure another one couldn't hurt.

Kumubou

On a scale of 11 to 10 how bad is the grind/Scarface cocaine mountain gambling addiction drop rates in this game? I'm just about dead inside from playing 3 rng heavy games at once right now, but I'm sure another one couldn't hurt.
This game has some brutally awful drop rates. If you really want your favorite waifu, you better be prepared to drop thousands and then end up with nothing but a bunch of black keys for your efforts.

Hastati

This game has some brutally awful drop rates. If you really want your favorite waifu, you better be prepared to drop thousands and then end up with nothing but a bunch of black keys for your efforts.

Sounds like my kind of game! Does the collector's edition come with a flagellant's whip?

Free Seiba too? Cool

That's Saber Lily.

The not good one.

In Japan, you got her by buying some magazine.

The gacha in this game has the worst odds of any game in Japan. The sheer brutality of this game's drop rates combined with the content license have made FayGO one of the highest grossing games in Japan. If they don't nerf the drop rates in NA, I would suggest you never spend a dime on this game ever.

Arabesque

Sounds like my kind of game! Does the collector's edition come with a flagellant's whip?

Yes.

For both definitions and occasions.

Basically only pull once in a blue moon and instead rely on the Free Servants the game gives you.

Or learn to horde and roll the Friend Point gatcha, and learn how beautiful Kyiohime, Hans Christian Andersen and Arash are.

That's Saber Lily.

The not good one.

In Japan, you got her by buying some magazine.

You got her for pre-registering for free before the game was out. The through an event in-game months later.

Had people actually paid money for her, it would be a way different story.

And really, the point with her is that she's cute, not that she's good. Although investing enough in her makes her less than terrible.

KMRiku

Neo Member
Not giving up my jp account, but I will check the english version for the story translation at least.

And yeah, the gacha rates are horrible. If you want a specific character, save as much quartz as you can until there's a rate up for said character

Arabesque

The trade off for the gatcha rate being bad for 5* is that everything 3* and below is also balanced to be viable and good.

Just one question guys.

Would this run on an iPhone 4?

Unfortunately no

From the official website

[System Requirements]
Recommended operating system: OS compatible with iOS 8.0 or higher. Enabled devices: iPhone 5 and higher, iPad 3rd generation and higher, iPad Mini 2 and higher, iPod touch 6th generation
*Please confirm system requirements here instead of from the App Store compatibility.
*Incompatible with iPod touch 5th generation and lower, iPhone 4S and lower.
A Smartphones or tablets with Android 4.1 or higher and 2GB or more RAM. (Incompatible with Intel CPUs.)
*It is possible that the game will not work on some devices, even with the recommended version or higher.
*Incompatible with N-08D, SH-06D.

Sorry :/

luminous

Ready to grind it all over again. I've been playing the JP version for a while but I'm excited to read it all in English in-game. Also praying that the gacha here treats me slightly better.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Might download it just to collect servants. Farming in one mobile gacha is enough work, don't think I can handle two at a time.

Strimei

Pleasantly surprised by the date, I had figured late July, early August. Can't wait!

(My wallet sure is scared though)

TM and Fate is super popular in general...FGO just made the fandom way worse....or better depending on your outlook
Definitely worse. The handful of cool new designs can't make up for the barrage of absolutely terrible and low effort servants. Looking at you Boudica, Mary Read/Anne Bonney, etc. Goddamn they slaughtered some great historical figures with this shit.

King Assassin (think that's his name) is badass though, I will say that

Faynwulf

Only for the US and Canada? I was under the impression this was a worldwide thing.

I hope I'll be able to download this in the appstore. I hate third party stuff.

KMRiku

Neo Member
JP players, how bad was the grind for Altera/Saber?

At the beginning of the game, many materiais for her late ascension were not available yet because no enemy dropped it. Only when the first/second event started (1 month after the game started, I think) that you could fully level up Altera, but you could still level her decently and play the content with no problem.

But aside of this early game problem, she suffers from the "bone hell" to level up her skills to lv.10.

Strimei

Definitely worse. The handful of cool new designs can't make up for the barrage of absolutely terrible and low effort servants. Looking at you Boudica, Mary Read/Anne Bonney, etc. Goddamn they slaughtered some great historical figures with this shit.

King Assassin (think that's his name) is badass though, I will say that

I've come around on Boudica, though I still would prefer she not be designed like that.

I also like the expanding on Nasu-verse lore.

Big spoiler:
Finding out Fou is PRIMATE MURDER still makes me go "WHAT?!"

Kenai

So give me the heavy JP players. How good is Rider (Alexander) (I see he's 5* only?), and how hard is rerolling in this game (I assume he will be off banner)?

I rerolled for a long time to get a 5* in FEH and I'll do it here too, but I want to prepare myself.

Top Bottom