• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Dance 2018 Announced for Wii and a couple of other systems.

ascii42

FIFA 14's the only other game I know of to hit three generations of a console manufacturer's systems, with PS2, PS3, and PS4. FIFA 14 was also notable for also hitting both Sony handhelds.
The fact that they're supporting the Wii this far out blows my mind.
I wouldn't be surprised if it sold best on Wii.

Krakn3Dfx

It's time.

gusmastrapa-s.jpg

Not really.

Chauzu

Wii might sound weird, but I do some work at schools, and they all have Wii for after school stuff. I've seen Just Dance 2017 for Wii at two occasions, so I can see why Ubisoft keep making them.

foltzie1

Wii might sound weird, but I do some work at schools, and they all have Wii for after school stuff. I've seen Just Dance 2017 for Wii at two occasions, so I can see why Ubisoft keep making them.

Indeed, I chuckled, but the Wii is a still good choice for schools and daycare facilities if they decide to have a console present.

I wouldnt be surprised if Ubisoft kept releasing this series on the Wii so long as Nintendo is willing to print disks.

shimrra

Honestly, not really surprised they are releasing one on the Wii. I still see people around my way still buying Wii games.

Ninja Dom

Do people still make new Wii games? Is there a home-brew scene for new Wii games like there is for Dreamcast & Neo Geo??

Turrican3

B... B... But they told me Wii owners just bought the console and never, ever touched (never mind purchased) anything else! /s

Actually not *that* surprising, by the way.

ascii42

Indeed, I chuckled, but the Wii is a still good choice for schools and daycare facilities if they decide to have a console present.

I wouldnt be surprised if Ubisoft kept releasing this series on the Wii so long as Nintendo is willing to print disks.

I wouldn't be surprise if the series dies with the Wii. Once there's no longer enough sales to put in on the Wii, there's probably not enough sales to keep the series alive.

I wouldn't be surprise if the series dies with the Wii. Once there's no longer enough sales to put in on the Wii, there's probably not enough sales to keep the series alive.

If switch gets a big enough casual base then it'll probably get a big rebound from its downward trajectory, probably nowhere near its early success but probably solid enough

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
The tech that sits behind me heard me say "wii" and was like" Good, I still only have a Wii to play Just Dance and Micheal Jackson"

foltzie1

This sounded odd to me, until I found some sources claiming a ~44% of the sales are on the Wii.

I assume the engine and coding tools make this fairly easy to update with content and if they really are selling ~2 million copies a year, might as well keep making the games.

llien

Porting engine to Wii has already happened.

Isn't it just rolling out new content for them? Nothing surprising imo.

Top Bottom