• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza and Persona are on that list of games SEGA wants on PC

"Of course it's something we're talking about it... that would just be incredible to bring that to the PC audience."

"If I asked you to write me a list of ten games you want Sega to bring out on PC, it probably isn't any different from the list [we have]," says Clark. "I could ask anyone at Sega: write me a list. And what motivates it? I think there's a certain catalogue that people just have an affinity with.

When pressed about Persona, Clark echoes the above. "Of course, of course—I keep trying to get in ahead of you, I'm trying to guess what you're going to say next. We don't feel that anything is off the table in terms of these conversations. The fact that as an organisation we're having these healthy conversations, they're constructive, we recognise the value, we recognise the value of the community, the IP. The IP has got continued life to grow and get bigger."
http://www.pcgamer.com/yakuza-and-persona-are-on-that-list-of-games-sega-want-to-bring-to-pc/

It's great to hear we'll be playing games like Persona 5 and Yakuza 0 on PC at some point.

Grief.exe

This quote goes to show the clear direction Sega has been heading.

"We don't feel that anything is off the table in terms of these conversations."

Eolz

You're jumping to the wrong conclusion.
They know the demand is there, but are not saying it'll come.

tumblr_inline_mjkzq3PUqf1qz4rgp.gif

Excellent news. Release the entire Yakuza series on the PC and I'll rebuy every last one of them for a 3rd?4th time! Hopefully this happens sooner or later, guess its time I finally replaced my faulty graphics card...

I'll cry if Persona 5 ever hits PC. It's already on my PS3 wishlist, but I'd double dip, to be completely honest. It'd be neat if we got a chance to try Yakuza, as well.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I knew it would have to be done this way, I hope Sega Europe does start asking for Atlus titles as well.

Aters

I'll believe it when I see it. Just like I'll only believe Valkyria Chronicles is not dead when I see VC4 is announced.

A-V-B

Whatever cool shit Sega wants to bring to the PC I'll support out of principle alone. Doubly so if it's a game I want to play -- and there are quite a few.

Usobuko

Banned
I read the interview and it's a whole bunch of nothing.

I certainly won't get my hopes up especially with Atlus.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Sounds like an opportunity for Atlus to justify their games with more sales. Which is always good

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's encouraging. Sega needs to stop treating Atlus like some sort of R*esque golden goose and flex its parent company muscle.

Yakuza 0, Kiwami, hopefully the soon to be announced Kiwami 2 and 6.

I would love Persona 4 golden, since i have already finished 5.

SEGA I WANT ALL THE GAMES

Completely off topic, but I never played Lolipop Chainsaw. Who owns the IP again? Is that a Capcom game? Can't remember lol

Would love to get a good port of that.

Grief.exe

The only problem is the Persona games likely have code, animations, physics, etc tied to frame rate.

There are work arounds seen in Resident Evil, Dark Souls, Vanquish, etc.

Persona 5 should have been on PC at launch honestly. Really wasnt much of a reason not to, unless Sony paid for it.

I get the impression that Atlus is backwards. Everyone else moving into the space and Atlus continually scoffs, luckily the holding company has been moving into the PC space hard.

ghostjoke

Banned
Please and thank you.

The only problem is the Persona games likely have code, animations, physics, etc tied to frame rate.

Uncapping the frame rate and blitzing through dungeons was a godsend when trying to find some of the rare creatures in Persona.

Top Bottom