• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Gokario

Huh? Where?

Or Stamp, whatever is call:
LEMB306.png

Edit: beaten like a DBS hater.

jrDev

So I hope the dub the game. Feels incomplete if they don't. Let people who want Japanese voices get a choice. I rather hear my classic English voices please.

Neoxon

CDdX4Zn.png

Edit: Guys, engaging in "not Super because it's from Z" debates is useless now, as Super is already in the game. Heck, just look at the picture above, there's en emote from the Super version of Future Trunks. :)
So can we expect DBS Future Trunks as another semi-clone character like SSJB Goku & Vegeta?

HardRojo

So can we expect DBS Future Trunks as another semi-clone character like SSJB Goku & Vegeta?

I can see him being available as DLC in the future, wouldn't mind it as he could have the SS Rage transformation, Spirit Sword and even the Father and son Galick Gun, with a few normal variations and different specials, so yeah, similar to SSB Goku and Vegeta.

Fj0823

CDdX4Zn.png

Edit: Guys, engaging in "not Super because it's from Z" debates is useless now, as Super is already in the game. Heck, just look at the picture above, there's en emote from the Super version of Future Trunks. :)

Game. Set. Match

Now let's hope it's not just references and they actually get Hit, Black or both in the base game.

Inb4: "Well his hair is blue in some colorings of the DBZ manga"

Neoxon

Game. Set. Match

Now let's hope it's not just references and they actually get Hit, Black or both in the base game.

Inb4: "Well his hair is blue in some colorings of the DBZ manga"
I think it's only one or two people who are arguing against DBS characters in the base roster. Everyone else agrees that it'll likely happen.

Seiniyta

Delay based probably makes more sense in a game like this though. Although input wise it doesn't feel great. Having players rollback teleport and such here could become a clusterfuck.

Doesn't bode well for that six player mode though.

And I hope so much I get in the EU PS4 beta. So nervous I won't get in XD.

What's the deal with it? I haven't played Xrd online, does it use it too?
It does. Delay can make matches frustrating especially if it fluctuates past 4-5 frames. Input buffer can make things easier to do, but matches don't feel smooth. I expected it considering arcsys is developing it, but it still sucks.

Linari

Neo Member
What's the deal with it? I haven't played Xrd online, does it use it too?

Input-delay netcode is a awful experience for fighters when Roll-back netcode exists nowadays. Xrd netcode is okay for the most part, but its hard to stay motivated to play it sometimes.

I really wish japanese developers stop being so ignorant about netcode issues for the rest of the world not named Japan/Korea.

At least Capcom has noticed...

Edit: As for multiple characters, Skullgirls handles it extremely well despite multiple characters with GGPO (rollback netcode). So that's is not an excuse nor the six people tag matches thing either, cause Fightcade can handled multiple players for brawler arcade games.

Neoxon

Input-delay netcode is a awful experience for fighters when Roll-back netcode exists nowadays. Xrd netcode is okay for the most part, but its hard to stay motivated to play it sometimes.

I really wish japanese developers stop being so ignorant about netcode issues for the rest of the world not named Japan/Korea.

At least Capcom has noticed...
Capcom still has a ways to go with perfecting their rollback netcode (namely with issues of one-sided rollback in SFV), but at least they've made progress.

Flowmoney

what happened with it?

Streamers and Youtubers pretty much got priority on like most codes then are given like a bunch to pass out. Anyone else had like low chance to be selected. Well maybe that is how a beta should be for marketability. Create demand for people wanting to play your game.

Ferr986

Streamers and Youtubers pretty much got priority on like most codes then are given like a bunch to pass out. Anyone else had like low chance to be selected. Well maybe that is how a beta should be for marketability. Create demand for people wanting to play your game.

It's Namco Bandai, so it wouldn't surprise me. They gave early access to Dark Souls 3 to Youtubers and Streamers almost a month earlier from release date so it's nothing new for them.

Top Bottom