• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: The Last Knight review thread

r2vtdrF.jpg

New England Movies Weekly said:
If there's a movie worse than this set for release this year, let's hope the distributor has the good sense not to do it.

1/5

Groucho Reviews said:
Military-Industrial Uncomplicated...Despite the theme that "Magic does exist" ("It was found long ago. Inside a crashed alien ship"), The Last Knight is all mirthless jokes and thrill-less mayhem.

0.5/4

Mr. Sunday Movies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQXmiVi0kN8

Blu-ray.com said:
”Transformers: The Last Knight" isn't the worst chapter of the eye-crossing saga (the one that showcased Decepticon testicles, that's the worst), but it's close, watching Bay say sayonara to this blockbuster cash machine with a ”Transformers" retirement party that's deafening, bewildering, and painfully clichéd, showing little interest in anything besides the Bay basics when it comes to yet another round of metal-crunching madness.

3/10

Can this beat The Mummy for worst reviewed film of the summer??? Stay tuned!

Anth0ny

before anyone says china don't care

apparently the presales in china are surprisingly soft. like really soft.

china DO care!

Corpsepyre

Banned
Happens all the time. These films get shredded to bits, yet make billions at the box office. Bay just doesn't care and neither do movie-goers

How are these movies making a billion dollars? But we can't get a godamn dredd sequel.

I've seen the first transformers and it was so bad I never bothered to really watch the rest.

Edit: 3 hours long??????

Averon

If the synopsis I've read online is true, then these scores are well deserved. I was "WTFing" as I read that synopsis.

I'm always sad whenever the reviews for a new Transformers movie hit. Not because I'm disappointed in the reviews themselves. And not for the fact that there's another shitty Transformers movie in theaters that I have no interest in seeing, goodness no. But I'm always saddened over the fact that I'll never read anything as legendary as Roger Ebert's 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' review ever again. :(
God I love the opening paragraph

"Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" is a horrible experience of unbearable length, briefly punctuated by three or four amusing moments. One of these involves a dog-like robot humping the leg of the heroine. Such are the meager joys. If you want to save yourself the ticket price, go into the kitchen, cue up a male choir singing the music of hell, and get a kid to start banging pots and pans together. Then close your eyes and use your imagination.

Ebert truly elevated movie reviewing to art.

Toa TAK

Banned
Can this beat The Mummy for worst reviewed film of the summer??? Stay tuned!

I bet (something) that it won't.

In fact. I'm willing to bet that The Mummy will be a worse movie than Transformers: The Last Knight in every. single. category.

It'll make more money. More people will enjoy it. And it'll likely spark a bigger conversation around it where more people are enjoying themselves instead of being perplexed at the stupidity of the executives and throwing their arms up, which is par the course and part of the fun of a Transformers film 4 movies in.

The Mummy can stay buried as the lowest film of the summer.

kevin1025

Banned
I will not see this movie in theatres. I will not see this movie in theatres.

Ooo, a 10-ticket summer deal! So much savings! What movies will I see?

...I will not... no, I mustn't. I shan't. I couldn't.

...I might see this movie in theatres.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I don't get the hate for Transformers, are people who shit on it expecting Citizen Kane or something?

Because they're terrible movies.

The "were people expecting Citizen Kane" thing is such a lazy retort. No one expects Citizen Kane from Marvel movies but they're usually good movies.

No one expects even just good movies from the Transformers movies.

Top Bottom