• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology was originally a Vita game

LordKano

http://nintendoeverything.com/radia...t-originally-going-to-be-on-3ds-sample-image/

Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology was initially intended for ”another handheld device". However, director Mitsuru Hirata became too busy working on Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and the project was suspended. After the Wii U project wrapped up, Atlus turned its attention back to Radiant Historia, but the market ratio between 3DS and the other unnamed device was too significant when the project rebooted. Radiant Historia shifted to 3DS as a result.

It's thought that that Atlus was thinking about the PlayStation Vita at the time. After all, that became the primary portable system competing with 3DS in Japan.

Sample image from a very early prototype from 2010 (you can see the PSVita buttons) :
radiant-historia-vita.jpg

Thought it was fairly interesting. Atlus didn't develop many games for Vita (Persona 4 Golden and Dancing All Night are the only two), I wonder if there were even more Vita projects that shifted to 3DS once they saw early Vita sales.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I would have bought it for the Vita within a heartbeat, in all honesty. I like them trophies.

Top Bottom