• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John McCain to return to the United States Senate Tomorrow for Healthcare Vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zolo

https://www.mccain.senate.gov/publi...eases?ID=F0B163CA-311A-48D4-BAA6-CB73E56CF6FB

DFit4nQW0AE3Phw.jpg:large

is this a ronald reagan moment

where mccain comes in, gives a speech, and everyone overwhelmingly votes to repeal obamacare

Foffy

Banned
Struggling emotions within me right now.

Something ironic about an affluent white man who can spend money for eternity to survive a terminal disease but is likely to vote to make sure other people don't get his level of privilege. Makes you darkly wish nature would work faster...

Branduil

Remember when people were saying we shouldn't say mean things about a guy who's trying to fuck over millions on his deathbed.

epmode

What a hero. *rolls eyes*

Could someone explain this healthcare “vote”? From what I can tell, the Senate wants to open debate on the House bill, NOT the Senate bill with the even-worse CBO score. And what about that parlimantarian ruling where a bunch of provisions can’t be submitted via reconciliation? This shit makes no sense.

norm9

I doubt the old man will be lucid, unless he's got the trainers from the Phoenix Suns working on his brain.

I expeCT nothing good from this hero.

Ponn

Banned
I'm sure he has found new perspective on healthcare in the US and the plight of millions of Americans in need of it. Surely.

Media

I really, really, really fucking hope this has given him some perspective and he votes it down. Please.

I won't be surprised when he votes yes though. Ugh.

after every development of the last nine years I wonder if it's like one big game of chicken and he'll hurtle out the way and return to his old maverick days.

he's going to be a party man right till the end, not even for good (by their standards) legislation either. what a fucking pity.

Yazzees

Thank goodness this hero is feeling well enough from his completely subsidized healthcare (not that he needs it since he's a millionaire) to make it across the country to help snatch healthcare from millions of his countrymen. What a wonderful, honest, upstanding man John McCain is to be so hellbent on his civic duty.

"I appreciate the government-provided healthcare that has done everything it can to save my life. Now let's go rip away healthcare from all those other fuckers.

I'm such a maverick."

Nairume

Banned
This man has a serious illness that is clearly impairing his ability to ration. The last place he needs to be is in a position to vote for things that can and will impact millions of people. That he and the party find it more important that he should wheel out a dying man with an impaired ability to think about his actions to make such important decisions is representative of so much wrong with this country today. Anybody that tries and act the moral superior to people who are down on McCain should reconsider trying to tell them otherwise.

sangreal

Could someone explain this healthcare “vote”? From what I can tell, the Senate wants to open debate on the House bill, NOT the Senate bill with the even-worse CBO score. This shit makes no sense.

They have to start debate on the house bill so they can amend it by erasing all the text and replacong it with a Senate bill.

Media

You know what though? It's weird he's even allowed to do this. My sister was retired from the Navy (she was a Nuke Tech) because she had to have brain surgery and they said because of that she could be a liability. So why does someone who could affect the lives of millions get to make decisions with a fucking brain tumor?

Kusagari

McConnell is bringing him back solely so he can dangle a dying McCain in front of the moderates to try to convince them to vote for the bill.

Fuck the turtle and fuck McCain.

aeolist

Banned
last week he was calling for hearings and a return to the normal order of the senate

now he's getting wheeled in on his deathbed to vote for a mystery death bill

anyone who called for sympathy for mccain can go fuck themselves, the man is a hypocritical bloodthirsty monster and i hope he dies before he can cast that vote

Socivol

No, it is important. It is just more important to fuck millions over.

Yeah he can die now. So ridiculous that while dealing with your own medical issue you would go back to Washington to vote to move forward with this bill that is going to fuck over millions of people and their healthcare.

Could someone explain this healthcare “vote”? From what I can tell, the Senate wants to open debate on the House bill, NOT the Senate bill with the even-worse CBO score. This shit makes no sense.

It's a procedural thing. All spending bills (or really, bills that spend money) must originate in the House. For the Senate to make changes to a House bill, they must first open debate on said bill, and only THEN make the alterations. So they're nominally voting on the AHCA, even though they'll just immediately alter the text to the BCRA.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
This was asked in the other thread, but how is a man that was diagnosed with a brain tumor allowed to vote on anything that affects this country?

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
This guy has a brain tumor i wanna see what side he finally takes.

It's McCain... he's gonna vote "yes", although he may grimace and shake his head a couple of times in regards to the process just to let you know he's still a Maverick™.

Bronx-Man

Banned
This story left out the best part: John Cornyn literally offered to ride his RV all the way over to Phoenix just to pick up McCain and bring him back to DC in the span of 4 days.

The story being written right now if this "American Hero" comes back fresh from the hospital after revealing that he has a brain tumor and still votes for the GOP's mystery healthcare plan.

Like holy hell. Future generations will look back at us like we were a Dark Ages sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom