• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Next Plinkett Review - Coming Tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaEoVnVxvGs

It's Ghostbusters 2016.

Tuesday August 8th, 2017. 7pm. Milwaukee time.

10ek68d.gif

beating_a_dead_horse_by_pjperez.jpg

Oh for fuck sake. Am I really the only one tired of hearing pissboys moan about this movie? Yeah I get it, it's a shitty cynical cashgrab remake, but why does it warrant this endless crusade? I haven't seen it, a lot of people say it's good, a lot of people say its bad, I really don't care. It's the continual going on about it that gives people the impression that it's a sexism thing, that it's driven by impotent rage and frustration at having your privilege stripped away. I don't think that everyone who hates this movie is sexist, but I can tell you that I definitely think the ceaseless going on about it is what fuels those accusations.

Actual good Youtube comment.

The RLM team hate the movie with a passion, so I'm not really expecting a fair review - it'll be a good rip-apart of all the things the film does badly, though.

groansey

Oh wow, some dick with a youtube channel is going to give his uneducated opinion about the movies or videogames he spends all of his fat-ass time watching/playing.

Can't you guys find more qualified critics? Consuming something and having a reaction isn't being a critic, any bigotted moron with eyes can do that.

If the reviewers name isn't Leigh or Kermode, I don't give a fuck.

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh wow, some dick with a youtube channel is going to give his uneducated opinion about the movies or videogames he spends all of his fat-ass time watching/playing.

Can't you guys find more qualified critics? Consuming something and having a reaction isn't being a critic, any bigotted moron with eyes can do that.

Thanks for the drive-by shit post. You even made it on the first page, good on ya.

I think we found the Sony executive on GAF.

Takyon

The Star Wars reviews were pretty insightful tbh.

AntChum

I was excited up until the film reveal. Like, who the fuck cares about Ghostbusters '16? I'm hoping this doesn't turn into another The Force Awakens review; that shit was dire. It just feels like they're trying to pander to the shitty segments of their fan base.

Ignoring the PT reviews, my favourite Plinkett reviews were of those god awful straight-to-video Cop Dog and Baby's Day Out movies. Do more stuff like that. Heck, even a review similar to the Star Trek '09 or Titanic videos would be appreciated, discussing flawed but legitimately good filmmaking.

Glorious.

SpaceWolf

Banned

Yet you'll come into a thread for a specific thing that you profess not to care about and then give us an enranged rant about how much you don't get about said specific thing?

Good job.

(Also, Mike Stoklasa doesn't play or watch video games at all, so not sure what brought on that part of your rant, either).

Even as a fan of past Plinkett reviews, I'm really not sure what value there is in reviewing this movie in the style he's done most of the others. I think it's probably going to end up being more like the Star Wars Awakens video where he only lightly touches on the movie itself and mostly brings up other issues about the movie industry as a whole.

dani_dc

This should be more interesting than TFA, which was a review that was done because it had to be done.

RLM already tackled the movie during their Half on the bag, but it will be interesting seeing Plinkett pick up the movie in detail.

chugen

70JU2LF.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Even as a fan of past Plinkett reviews, I'm really not sure what value there is in reviewing this movie in the style he's done most of the others. I think it's probably going to end up being more like the Star Wars Awakens video where he only lightly touches on the movie itself and mostly brings up other issues about the movie industry as a whole.

They liked TFA, so that's why it was less about the movie.

This is more like the SW prequels, bad movies that can be dissected. I'm sure there will be plenty of meta stuff, but I doubt it won't focus on the movie more than the TFA review.

Dragonbinder

Neo Member

I wouldn't call RLM "some dick". They are a famous channel with an extremely popular series; the Plinkett reviews. Really in-depth comedy reviews that started with the Star Wars prequels. I'd advise checking them out, really funny and they do a great job at critiquing those movies imo :)

Pizza

Lol this will be amusing for sure. I dig RLM, even if the venemously hate my favorite star war, Rouge One

I hope this deconstruction is as thorough as the Prequel's were because then it'll be a treat

Cheebo

Banned
I honestly cannot understand how a grown adult could ever sit through one of these without feeling embarrassed. Awful videos that have done nothing but harm and dumb down internet film criticism.

Fans have been clamoring for another Plinkett review and I'm sure Ghostbuster '16 gave him enough material. Can't be easy to come up with an hour and a half of material.

yuoke

Banned
I mean they clearly stated they hate the movie because its a shitty remake and not because they are sexist. Not sure why gaf would lose it.

Cheebo

Banned

At least there is still one sane person on GAF who understands just how terrible these videos are and are a joke of a representation of film criticism.

Well, at least TWO other sane people. I know Bobby Roberts has been preaching just how terrible & damaging RLM is for longer than just about anyone.

Jazzem

Honestly surprised they never tackled the last two Star Trek films, given that franchise is clearly where Mike's passion truly is.

Am always keen for a new Plinkett review, though I'm not sure how much more I want to hear about this film...honestly it was a relief when the movie left theatres and finally vanished from internet discussion!

I suspect a big part of it will be eviscerating Sony Pictures, even hinted at somewhat in the teaser.

JoeInky

I was expecting Star Trek Beyond to be the next review, they've been over ghost busters a lot to be honest. Probably because it gets them clicks.

I mean they clearly stated they hate the movie because its a shitty remake and not because they are sexist. Not sure why gaf would lose it.

Because it's plinkett, there's going to be some dumb "All women are stupid, now excuse me while I go fuck my cat" joke and people will flip their shit.

El Daniel

I'm still hoping for a plinket review of the matrix sequels or the hobbit trilogy. What's there left to say about the Ghostbusters reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom