• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should the United States Be Broken Up Before Civil War Occurs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiochus

With yesterday's bloodbath at Charlottesville, it seems the United States is at a juncture similar to what it encountered in the 1850's, before the carnage of the Civil War arrived that killed over 600,000 Americans. Considering the fact that now the nation has nuclear weapons and media capabilities that can inspire even more extreme and hateful violence, should the United States be broken up into their constituent red/blue nations?

For example, it seems as long as the state of Virginia have to be next to the deplorable, racist red states such as West Virginia or Kentucky, then massacres such as Charlottesville will be more likely to happen. But if Virginia were join an emerging Blue Good States of America, then it can draw a firm border against those Racist Red States, and feel free to forcibly expel any neo-Nazis it has without consequence. Perhaps it is time all the Blue, Good States of America go forward with this, especially considering Trump is in power?

Pastry

Banned
Oh good lord at Blue Good States, have you ever stepped outside of a city in some of your "good States" because there are racist fucking people everywhere. Get out of your bubble.

You realize that major metro areas in most Southern States are blue?

Jenov

wtf, no.

And yeah about those "good blue states" -- quite a few ended up going Trump last election. Not to mention you're going to cast out a vast majority of your African American population by pushing aside Southern red states like that.

This was a moronic topic, please don't make anymore.

kmax

Yeah....no.

The president should however start taking responsibility for his inherent mess that he's sustaining along with his cronies.

Geist-

No, it would turn states into even greater caricatures of themselves, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if slavery was reinstated in some states.

Azoor

Dude, there have been a lot of Nazi riots throughout history, those didn't cause a civil war and this one wouldn't.

As despicable as Neo-Nazis are, they're just a vocal minority in the US which is may remind you the 3rd most populated country in the world.

I think that would make things worse as the American successor states would have border skirmishes, and furthermore America has too many enemies to purposely weaken itself.

mlclmtckr

Banned
5146607606_8aaf25a95e.jpg

Dishwalla

Banned
With yesterday's bloodbath at Charlottesville, it seems the United States is at a juncture similar to what it encountered in the 1850's, before the carnage of the Civil War arrived that killed over 600,000 Americans. Considering the fact that now the nation has nuclear weapons and media capabilities that can inspire even more extreme and hateful violence, should the United States be broken up into their constituent red/blue nations?

For example, it seems as long as the state of Virginia have to be next to the deplorable, racist red states such as West Virginia or Kentucky, then massacres such as Charlottesville will be more likely to happen. But if Virginia were join an emerging Blue Good States of America, then it can draw a firm border against those Racist Red States, and feel free to forcibly expel any neo-Nazis it has without consequence. Perhaps it is time all the Blue, Good States of America go forward with this, especially considering Trump is in power?

lol most of Virginia is quite red, you realize this?

cyba89

Last week it was the nuclear fallout threads. Next week will be all about the Civil War II threads apparently.

GAF likes to massively overreact.

NekoFever

Jesus Christ. I thought it was bad here last week when you'd have thought the North Korean nukes were in the air.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I just want to go on record as saying this is stupid as fuck.

Carry on.

Clockwork5

What about minorities trapped in red states. Are you saying we should just abandon them?

Wouldn't it be a better idea to stay united and fight for them as fellow Americans?

Do you know how many fucking poor people of color live in every single state and who can't afford to move? You seriously want to walk away from them in whatever weird new confederacy you want to enable? Fuck off.

tcrunch

I would rather we convert more red states to blue and heal the wounds racism and bigotry are causing to our nation. Of course this isn't anywhere as easy as declaring anyone born in Alabama an irredeemable hick so I can understand why you might be attracted to that option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom