• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Press Kit Unboxing

AKyemeni

http://www.damonx.com/unboxing-press-kit-de-uncharted-the-lost-legacy/

unboxing-uncharted-lost-odyssey13.jpg

More pics at the link

Unfortunately no video, but cool nonetheless

Ascenion

Press Kits legit should be the LE/CE. Fuck the press for getting cool stuff fans should have access too for free. Seems like bribery to me.

Hastati

Press Kits legit should be the LE/CE. Fuck the press for getting cool stuff fans should have access too for free. Seems like bribery to me.

It really is just bribery. Except it's like the pachinko of video game bribery where you have to turn in your stuff at the Ebay counter for cash.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
All we gonna get is this:
PS4_UCLL_JEWELCASE_STRAIGHT_US_003.png

don't get me wrong Im super excited for this but man, the cover art looks so boring. Uncharted 4 was also looked super generic. Couldn't they just little be more creative with box art?

just looks at this!!?
latest

Why can't we have this type of cover art!!?

it was same crap with Nier Automata.

we got this
nier_automata_box_art.jpg

while japan got this
NieR-Automata-JPN_11-01-16_001.jpg

So the only way market to west is to make the cover art look like generic action movie!!?

One week to go. I've posted about how my excitement for this has been kind of lukewarm but I'm starting to get more in the spirit now that it's so close. Should be an interesting experience either way.

DieH@rd

Banned
My review games always come as codes or ordinary press discs... but there was a small chance for me getting a full The Last Guardan press kit (which contains the letter signed by Ueda). When I heard about that, I reacted like Sheldon when he got a napkin with the DNA of Leonard Neemoy. :D

I did not get it, just ordinary press code :(

we got this

while japan got this

So the only way market to west is to make the cover art look like generic action movie!!?

To be fair though, the bottom was the reversible cover. I flipped it as soon as I got the game and it's sooooo much better. Doesn't even have the ESRB logo either!

Traxtech

All we gonna get is this:
PS4_UCLL_JEWELCASE_STRAIGHT_US_003.png

don't get me wrong Im super excited for this but man, the cover art looks so boring. Uncharted 4 was also looked super generic. Couldn't they just little be more creative with box art?

just looks at this!!?
latest

Why can't we have this type of cover art!!?

we got this

while japan got this

That's why you get the steelbook versions.

DSC_4480.jpg

Nier-Automata-steelbook-1.jpg

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
To be fair though, the bottom was the reversible cover. I flipped it as soon as I got the game and it's sooooo much better. Doesn't even have the ESRB logo either!

Thank fucking god for that!!! I absolutely hated that NA cover art.
It was almost as bad as what we got ICO.

That's why you get the steelbook versions.
I would love to but it wasn't available in Canada. nothing is ever available in Canada.

Do people actually think putting a game in a fancy box is going to affect a review score?

I find 'review events' where they fly people out, put them in a hotel and then showcase the game in the ideal environment to be 1000x's worse.

This just seems like an antiquated practice. No site or reviewer I read is going to overlook something like a mechanic they didn't like or a game bug because they sure did love that packaging.

NateDrake

Press kits = eBay profit

Not just press kits. Plenty of journalist sell E3 freebies and other things sent along with review copies. Hell, some sell their review copies once the review is finished. All of this is frowned upon, but it's difficult to track those that are doing it. This is one reason a lot of publishers switched to digital review code and ceased press kits and trinkets.

Jonnax

Yeah. I see that as bribery.

Reviewers should post pictures of what they get as a press kit. And also what they sold it for on eBay for.

mollipen

It always makes me laugh when people think something like a press kit can "bribe" a reviewer at any legit outlet. (Excluding people who are shady by nature and would be swayed by plenty of other things as well.)

Shin

Banned
The print on the BD makes it look like the image is life like/real and not a piece of plastic.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Same thing happens in the film and TV industry, though usually the fancy box sets and packaging is attempting to garner votes for Emmy's or Oscar's. (For your consideration...)

Difficult to argue or prove that anyone actually curries special favor based on the packaging quality when it comes to voting. On the flipside, can't fault the publishers from being excited and thrilled to send out review copies after the long hardships of production. Can't fault them for dressing their hard work up in a celebratory fashion.

Sucks that fans don't have access to them though, even by limited capacity runs. That does suck.

Scanna

Same. Straight up bribery.

And it’s not even like ND needs to do it.
Really, after the first two months you stop caring at all for all of these gadgets and stuff. Your house is full of them and SH send them mostly as gifts to thank sites of the continuing relationship they have with them. If you think this influences grades, your incredibly wrong, we are professionals.

Really, after the first two months you stop caring at all for all of these gadgets and stuff. Your house is full of them and SH send them mostly as gifts to thank sites of the continuing relationship they have with them. If you think this influences grades, your incredibly wrong, we are professionals.

So much irony in this statement.

sjay1994

Aw damn... I kinda regret buying the season pass for U4, because that is a legitamately cool blu-ray art for Lost Legacy.

FelipeMGM

srsly, I dont know one fellow reviewer that really cares about these press kits. Most just wanna get to the game asap and do the work, and prefer to get just a code these days.

Sure this is cool, but its nice to look at for like 5 minutes before getting to the game, then its 10-15 hours of playing, then writing and you dont even remember this thing anymore.

BTW, embargo drops on 00:00 PST, August 17

Top Bottom