• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disneyland Adventures, Pixar Rush and Zoo Tycoon coming to Xbox One

Shiggy

DHslfUsW0AgQTcw.jpg

Originally developed by Frontier Developments (Disneyland Adventures/Zoo Tycoon) and Asobo Studio (Pixar Rush), remasters by Asobo Studio
Playable with Kinect as well as just a controller
Remastered in 4k and with HDR support
Release: October 31
Pricing: $29.99 / €29.99 / £19.99

Rush: A Disney Pixar Adventure

Platforms: Xbox One, Windows 10
Release Date: October 31
Developer: Asobo Studio
Pricing: $29.99 / €29.99 / £19.99. Xbox Play Anywhere title (Xbox family of devices and Windows 10 PC versions included with single digital purchase at no additional cost).
About

Rush: A Disney Pixar Adventure invites families and fans of all ages to experience the worlds of six beloved Disney•Pixar films like never before. Team up with characters from The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Up, Cars, Toy Story, and Finding Dory to solve puzzles and uncover hidden secrets all remastered in 4K Ultra HD and HDR.

Interact on screen with Pixar characters and play cooperatively to solve challenges. Move from fast-paced puzzle-solving to moments of pulse-pounding agility and speed.

Key Features
  • Save the day in your own fast-paced adventure. Invite your whole family to join Woody, Lightning McQueen and others in this one-of-a-kind Pixar experience.
  • Cooperative play. Team up with Pixar characters to help you through each challenge or play on the same screen at home or through Xbox Live with a friend.
  • Explore and discover. Experience the sights and sounds of each Pixar world as you solve puzzles and uncover hidden secrets.
  • Supports Xbox Play Anywhere. Pick up where you left off on another Xbox One device or Windows 10 PC, bringing all your saves, game add-ons, and achievements with you.
http://gematsu.com/2017/08/rush-dis...one-windows-10-october-31#sBWr3heFKkVjY2kM.99

Disneyland Adventures

Pricing: $29.99 / €29.99 / £19.99. Xbox Play Anywhere title (Xbox family of devices and Windows 10 PC versions included with single digital purchase at no additional cost).
About

Experience the magic of Disneyland like never before. Take a journey where stories come to life and dreams come true, right in your living room. Explore Disneyland park — from Main Street U.S.A. to Critter Country — join Peter Pan to battle Captain Hook, high-five Mickey Mouse or hug Snow White.

Disneyland Adventures allows children, families and Disney fans of all ages to explore Disneyland park, step into adventures based on attractions, engage in challenging quests and interact with beloved Disney characters remastered in 4K Ultra HD and HDR.

Key Features
  • Create memories. Bring a friend along for the experience through cooperative gameplay as you explore timeless worlds, relive your fondest memories, or embark on a new adventure in Disneyland park.
  • Discover Disneyland park. From Main Street U.S.A to Critter Country, explore all the magical lands of the park as you engage characters, jump into attractions and collect Hidden Mickeys, pins and much more. Don't forget to stop into one of many Disneyland stores to purchase a special souvenir.
  • Enjoy 18 iconic attractions. Fly with Peter Pan and defeat Captain Hook in Peter Pan's Flight, ski the exhilarating slopes of the Matterhorn, dance with the Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland and conduct your own fireworks display over Sleeping Beauty Castle.
  • Capture Special Moments with Disney Characters. Collect autographs from Disney characters, say hello and give them a hug, dance with Mickey Mouse, and take on challenges when you accept up to 100 quests from beloved Disney characters. There's no shortage of activity when you interact with more than 35 Disney characters.
  • Collect and unlock. Collect Disney-themed items, rewards and achievements as you make your way through the park to discover new game experiences, including themed parades and firework displays.
  • Supports Xbox Play Anywhere. Pick up where you left off on another Xbox One device or Windows 10 PC, bringing all your saves, game add-ons, and achievements with you.

https://gematsu.com/2017/08/disneyl...ne-windows-10-october-31#TT3IReyqYdjyeIXx.999

Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection

About

Let your imagination run wild with Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection. Build, manage, and maintain your dream zoo alone or with up to four players on Xbox Live. This zoo simulation will charm animal lovers of all ages.

Key Features
  • Get up close and personal with nearly 200 visually stunning animals in 4K Ultra HD and HDR.
  • Includes a selection of new animals from South America and Australia, including kangaroos and koalas.
  • Create the Zoo of your dreams with the biggest, most detailed environments ever utilizing intuitive yet powerful controls designed for Zoo Tycoon fans of all ages.
  • It's Your Zoo. Design and manage your ideal zoo from piece-by-piece road construction to the ability to adjust the enclosures and decorate them. The choice is yours!
  • Build and share your Zoo with up to four people on Xbox Live.
  • Supports Xbox Play Anywhere, so you can pick up where you left off on another Xbox One device or Windows 10 PC, bringing all your saves, game add-ons, and achievements with you.

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/zoo-tyco...one-windows-10-october-31#VP7QcTgbk2rBd5WP.99

Can games be Xbox One Console exclusive if they were on 360 first?
Weird choice since Kinect has been dead for a few years. I remember one the games being really good. Was it this or the Sesame Street one?

oti

Banned
I remember the Disneyland game being kinda cool in a Kinect janky way. But the graphics alone could be enough for my god daughter to have fun.

Alx

Happily surprised that they haven't given up on Kinect entirely. Or at least that they'll be keeping support for it for some more time, which wasn't a guarantee until now.
I almost hope they're considering releasing a new Kinect that is natively USB, as I don't see people bothering with the expensive and clunky adapter that is required for the S and X.

Can games be Xbox One Console exclusive if they were on 360 first?
Weird choice since Kinect has been dead for a few years. I remember one the games being really good. Was it this or the Sesame Street one?
It's not weird to want to sell consoles to the family audience. The games are playable with controller too

UraMallas

If Zoo Tycoon upped the park size I might actually think about buying it. From what I've heard, that severely limited enjoyment.

Really hoping Zoo Tycoon increased the park limit. It's a great game, but that was always a bummer once you started making a big park.

When do we get an Xbox One version of the Doublefine happy action stuff? that's the only kinect thing i wanted to play on the 360 and it never made it to the one

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Given that it says "Console Exclusive", this presumably implies a PC release as well?

Disneyland Adventures is absurd in terms of how much content it has. If you're a fan of Disney parks or you've got a young one it's really excellent. Highly recommend it.

If Disneyland Adventures plays well with a controller I'm definitely in. I don't even need the minigames to be good. I just want to walk around the park.

Jawmuncher

Didn't think i'd see new Kinect Supported games from MS this year.
Kinda wish they had payed Harmonix for Dance Central 1-3

muzzymate

Would love Kinect Sports 1 & 2 on Xbox One. They had so much more charm then what came out on Xbox One. Also, that Doubledine game that the name is escaping me ATM...

Zoo Tycoon is still over $20 new on Amazon.

I bought a copy for $20 last holiday.

An upgrade for $10 would be nice but whatever.

Didn't think i'd see new Kinect Supported games from MS this year.
Kinda wish they had payed Harmonix for Dance Central 1-3

They don't need Dance Central 3 since Dance Central Spotlight has better tracking. What they need to do is allow you to import the songs from Dance Central 1-3 to Spotlight.

They brought over the DLC but not the disc songs.

Every Dance Central game came came with a code (including 3) to import the songs to the next game.

$5 for each one. That meant you could have around 150 songs in Dance Central 3 for $10 and the cost of the game if you had the prior games.

Why would play Spotlight for a party with 10 songs plus DLC when you could do 3 with 150 songs plus DL?

They need to allow imports of the first three games to Spotlight for maybe $10 each and release a disc with 40 "best of" tracks.

rrs

I guess it's time in the console's life to consider family game stockpiling
Given that it says "Console Exclusive", this presumably implies a PC release as well?
I'd guess so, if the games use UWP to work on whatever Microsoft brings out after the X

Shiggy

Specifications

About

Rush: A Disney Pixar Adventure invites families and fans of all ages to experience the worlds of six beloved Disney•Pixar films like never before. Team up with characters from The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Up, Cars, Toy Story, and Finding Dory to solve puzzles and uncover hidden secrets all remastered in 4K Ultra HD and HDR.

Interact on screen with Pixar characters and play cooperatively to solve challenges. Move from fast-paced puzzle-solving to moments of pulse-pounding agility and speed.

Key Features
  • Save the day in your own fast-paced adventure. Invite your whole family to join Woody, Lightning McQueen and others in this one-of-a-kind Pixar experience.
  • Cooperative play. Team up with Pixar characters to help you through each challenge or play on the same screen at home or through Xbox Live with a friend.
  • Explore and discover. Experience the sights and sounds of each Pixar world as you solve puzzles and uncover hidden secrets.
http://gematsu.com/2017/08/rush-dis...one-windows-10-october-31#sBWr3heFKkVjY2kM.99

Specifications

About

Experience the magic of Disneyland like never before. Take a journey where stories come to life and dreams come true, right in your living room. Explore Disneyland park — from Main Street U.S.A. to Critter Country — join Peter Pan to battle Captain Hook, high-five Mickey Mouse or hug Snow White.

Disneyland Adventures allows children, families and Disney fans of all ages to explore Disneyland park, step into adventures based on attractions, engage in challenging quests and interact with beloved Disney characters remastered in 4K Ultra HD and HDR.

Key Features
  • Create memories. Bring a friend along for the experience through cooperative gameplay as you explore timeless worlds, relive your fondest memories, or embark on a new adventure in Disneyland park.
  • Discover Disneyland park. From Main Street U.S.A to Critter Country, explore all the magical lands of the park as you engage characters, jump into attractions and collect Hidden Mickeys, pins and much more. Don’t forget to stop into one of many Disneyland stores to purchase a special souvenir.
  • Enjoy 18 iconic attractions. Fly with Peter Pan and defeat Captain Hook in Peter Pan’s Flight, ski the exhilarating slopes of the Matterhorn, dance with the Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland and conduct your own fireworks display over Sleeping Beauty Castle.
  • Capture Special Moments with Disney Characters. Collect autographs from Disney characters, say hello and give them a hug, dance with Mickey Mouse, and take on challenges when you accept up to 100 quests from beloved Disney characters. There’s no shortage of activity when you interact with more than 35 Disney characters.
  • Collect and unlock. Collect Disney-themed items, rewards and achievements as you make your way through the park to discover new game experiences, including themed parades and firework displays.

https://gematsu.com/2017/08/disneyl...ne-windows-10-october-31#TT3IReyqYdjyeIXx.999

Specifications

About

Let your imagination run wild with Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection<. Build, manage, and maintain your dream zoo alone or with up to four players on Xbox Live. This zoo simulation will charm animal lovers of all ages.

Key Features
  • Get up close and personal with nearly 200 visually stunning animals in 4K Ultra HD and HDR.
  • Includes a selection of new animals from South America and Australia, including kangaroos and koalas.
  • Create the Zoo of your dreams with the biggest, most detailed environments ever utilizing intuitive yet powerful controls designed for Zoo Tycoon fans of all ages.
  • It’s Your Zoo. Design and manage your ideal zoo from piece-by-piece road construction to the ability to adjust the enclosures and decorate them. The choice is yours!
  • Build and share your Zoo with up to four people on Xbox Live.
  • Supports Xbox Play Anywhere, so you can pick up where you left off on another Xbox One device or Windows 10 PC, bringing all your saves, game add-ons, and achievements with you.

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/zoo-tyco...one-windows-10-october-31#VP7QcTgbk2rBd5WP.99

So Asobo (probably only known for their Young Conker Hololens project) is porting both their own Pixar Rush and Frontier's Disneyland Adventures as well as Frontier's Zoo Tycoon.

SpotAnime

The good news is, these are all Play Anywhere.

The bad news is, they are $10 more than I expected. I understand effort has been made to port these over, including adding controller support to the two Kinect games, but I think at $30 they are priced to die.

I mean, Recore Definitive is only $20 and a free upgrade, but granted the source game is on the same console and the work for the additions was probably largely done already and just needed to be refined. But that's my point of comparison.

I'll likely wait for a digital sale now, and get them so I can play on PC with the option to play with Kinect if I want.

Will definitely get the Disney games for my kids, hopefully that Sesame Street game gets a port one day too. I hope they do something about ZT's park limit, that'd be great.

muteki

Disneyland was actually pretty fun outside of having to point to go anywhere. Playing it with an analog stick will be so much better.

Top Bottom