• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus sets up European publishing team in London (at Sega Europe)

Guess Who

Banned
Per GamesIndustry.biz:

Persona publisher Atlus will handle the European publishing of its own titles going forward.

Previously the company had used third-party publishing partners, including Koch.

The move is part of the company's acquisition by Sega. The new team already features commercial director Simon Inch, and will add a PR manager and a product marketing manager in due course. All three will operate out of Sega Europe's offices in London.

Lock if old.

L~A

That company, I swear... Hopefully it's for good this time and they don't shut Atlus EU in a couple of years.

I guess they didn't want to give up part of their sales to a third-party when they can do it themselves. I mean, stuff like Etrian Odyssey and stuff is already niche enough, though it's clear it's more stuff like Persona that lead us to this.

Nezzhil

giphy.gif

It's still hard to belive, but I'm here in neogaf, so I have to belive.

Omikaru

I saw the job listing for the PR manager week or two ago and thought it was interesting. Should've made a thread about it.

wrowa

Inteteresting. I wonder if they'll continue using Kochmedia as their distribution partner (considering Sega does so as well).

OMG Aero

We finally reached launch date parity for Atlus games with Persona 5, but hopefully this news means that continues and Persona 5 wasn't just a one-off.

This is only a good sign if atlus actually speeds up the turn around from Japan -> US -> Europe for game releases. There isn't a reason in 2017 that games should take 6 months to go from region to region.

VegiHam

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I know I should be pessimistic and cynical about this but I never thought this would actually happen.

Guess Who

Banned
We finally reached launch date parity for Atlus games with Persona 5, but hopefully this news means that continues and Persona 5 wasn't just a one-off.

Quoth the article:

"It is a strong example of the growth we are experiencing as a company," Says Jacob Nahin, senior PR manager at Atlus US. "Publishing in Europe is simply the next step for us. What this means initially for fans is a parity for launch and premium editions. From a business perspective, we'll be better positioned to address the needs of each market in which we release our titles."

Eolz

Lol, will believe it being useful and doing its job after some games being published on time and on par with the NA releases.

We went from late Nisa releases with CEs, to low run Deep Silver ones with nearly no LEs but a bit closer to a WW release.
In both cases, awful communication from Sega Europe and Atlus USA.
Hell, there has been enough threads about this madness to show how shitty it was for european fans in more than a decade...

Protome

*Sets up European publishing arm after years of bad delays through other publishers*

*Sets it up in the country leaving the EU*

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Finally

Hopefully this means the end of those useless fucks at SEGA Europe ever having a say in non-PC games

They're literally working in the exact same office now. There's like a 90%+ chance they'll share staff like what happened with the US branch.

Top Bottom