• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PUBG overtakes Dota 2 for most concurrents on Steam

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
https://www.polygon.com/2017/8/27/16210866/pubg-most-concurrents-playerunknowns-battlegrounds-steam

After coming close twice on Saturday, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds topped Dota 2 for most concurrent users on Steam early this morning, a milestone speaking to the game’s uncommon appeal.

Briefly surpassed Dota2 before its server went down
ytV5S1e.jpg

ZanDatsu

Pretty handily at the top right now, though it does seem to drop during the evening EU time which makes me think a lot of the players are in Asia.

DarkKyo

So weird, I don't get the appeal outside of it being an interesting concept. I've only played a couple matches of it myself and have watched my friends play, but nothing about it really blew me away. What's the reason it's so popular?

dickroach

my eyes gravitated towards H1Z1 in the top 5, and i'm thinking "oh that's good". and then I see it's literally 1/10 of PUBG

So weird, I don't get the appeal outside of it being an interesting concept. I've only played a couple matches of it myself and have watched my friends play, but nothing about it really blew me away. What's the reason it's so popular?

youtube + twitch

Like most great games it's easy to pick up but hard to master.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
this blows my mind and not in a positive way at all. no way do i think it is a better game than DOTA2 or even CS/GTA V

Like other games with some DayZ DNA, it's an action game without constant action, it's more about the tension. The thrill of hunting and being hunted.

Top Bottom