• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turn 10 Confirms That Forza Motorsport 7 Intentionally Runs Mostly on One Core

Are they for real? I mean, come the fuck on. Playground Games fixed the issue with patches later on (near the Hot Wheels update), and they're trying to pull this shit now?

Max only one core if old, etc.

Update:

Hi guys, I wanted to share an update we got from Turn 10 via PR. Apparently, they're chalking it up to a miscommunication on the Community Liaison's part. The story has now been updated.

Forza Motorsport 7 is not limited to running on one core. There seems to have been a miscommunication along the way. ”Forza Motorsport 7" uses as many cores as are available on whatever system it runs on, whether that is a 4- to 16-core PC or the 7 cores available on Xbox One.

The stuttering and uneven core balance are still there, though, at least in the demo. We can only hope the game will feature improvements, either at launch or afterward.

Unless it runs like shite, I don't see an issue with this

I guess the rest of the cores will be used for 4K gaming on the One X version

frontieruk

Jeeez didn't they pay attention to the furore over FH3? That got fixed they should of used that engine update, as loading one core in the age of threadrippers is fucking stupid.

horkrux

giphy.gif

Here's the thing: Forza 6 Apex and Forza Horizon 3 had problems with 1 core being overused. Apex I don't recall getting a patch, but someone might confirm that to me. Horizon 3 took months but eventually got one, and the performance became really, really good for most people. Some still had problems, it wasn't perfect but it was a damn good job.

Now FM7 is coming out and the same exact problem is happening, all over again. Yet this time they are trying to blame it on this instead of trying to fix the issue that Playgroud already fixed with Horizon 3.

I tried the demo and it had the same problems as early Horizon 3, stuttering with one core being maxed out.

The game runs like hot garbage on a 7600k..

Sounds like a nice excuse tho and some will buy into it.

People are already buying it.

Damn really angry right now that i bought the game with gamecards on the russian xbox store.. cant do a refund now...
At least i just paid 50 euros for ultimate edition... Damn i feel for the people who bought this full price with all that pr pc bullshit...
Sad times..

ss_lemonade

So how does that work with the xbox one version? Or do they multi-thread just fine there, thus giving stable 60fps? I have heavy stuttering too, even with a 4.5ghz 3570k

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Why do they keep repeating the same mistake only to try and patch it out later? Was nothing learned out of the previous attempts on PC?

low-G

The game runs like hot garbage on a 7600k..

Sounds like a nice excuse tho and some will buy into it.

What's really weird is I have none of these problems on my overclocked i5-6600k.

What's your RAM speed? RAM speed was a huge limiter on FH3 before it was fixed up (if not still)

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
When did the PC version start sucking? I checked in the demo thread when it went up and it was nothing but glowing praise

It doesn't suck, but theres random stutters especially in the menus

It could definitely run better, but in game it ran perfect for me tbf

Will wait for reports from the final game. We're at a point now where I don't even trust the demo to give me an accurate picture of how the game will perform on PC, and Forza Horizon 3 is proof that the franchise does not deserve the benefit of the doubt. Christ, this was supposed to be the easier game to optimize because of Apex being built specifically for PC and because it's not an open-world racer that wasn't designed to run at 30fps.

Hmmm sounds like they haven't learned anything from the Forza Horizon 3 problems that happened on my pc last year. Wonder if the stuttering and whatnot are back again.

So how does that work with the xbox one version? Or do they multi-thread just fine there, thus giving stable 60fps? I have heavy stuttering too, even with a 4.5ghz 3570k

I've tested it on an older 6c/12t 5820K @ 4.3Ghz and it stutters there too. The 7700K @ 4.6Ghz I'm currently using runs it flawlessly, but that's the best performing gaming CPU in the market right now.

Here's hoping they can do much better than that.

Makikou

What's really weird is I have none of these problems on my overclocked i5-6600k.

What's your RAM speed? RAM speed was a huge limiter on FH3 before it was fixed up (if not still)

G.Skill 16GB (2x8GB), Ripjaws V, DDR4 3200MHz, CL16

I have no issues on Horizon 3 by the way.

eso76

Games runs at a rock solid 60fps on a jaguar and on my 6700hq.
I mean, it shouldn't be very CPU intensive at all and I didn't have the issues some are reporting with a less powerful CPU. Has to be something else

jelly

Surely it runs on multiple cores on Xbox One unless it's the greatest toaster ever made so why did they not follow on PC

Top Bottom