• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking: Switzerland invades Liechtenstein, WWIII begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
ZURICH, Switzerland (AP) -- What began as a routine training exercise almost ended in an embarrassing diplomatic incident after a company of Swiss soldiers got lost at night and marched into neighboring Liechtenstein.

According to Swiss daily Blick, the 170 infantry soldiers wandered 2 kilometers (1.2 miles) across an unmarked border into the tiny principality early Thursday before realizing their mistake and turning back.

A spokesman for the Swiss army confirmed the story but said that there were unlikely to be any serious repercussions for the mistaken invasion.

''We've spoken to the authorities in Liechtenstein and it's not a problem,'' Daniel Reist told The Associated Press.

Officials in Liechtenstein also played down the incident.

Interior ministry spokesman Markus Amman said nobody in Liechtenstein had even noticed the soldiers, who were carrying assault rifles but no ammunition. ''It's not like they stormed over here with attack helicopters or something,'' he said.

Liechtenstein, which has about 34,000 inhabitants and is slightly smaller than Washington DC, doesn't have an army.

Click

****. i knew those damn Swiss weren't to be trusted.

Manp

Wes said:
They would only need about 300 highly trained war machines I think.
terminator.jpg

Brannon

They only need a Beverly Hills Ninja, an American Ninja, some Surf Ninjas and turtles. Mutated turtles. In their teens. With ninja skills.

Can't remember the name of them at the moment...

ziegen

ElyrionX said:
With 34,000 people, what kind of army can they possibly field anyway.

knight2.jpg

Sir Ulrich von Lichtenstein

I know that's just him name, but I couldn't help it after I saw how tough he looks in the pic.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
Old German poem:
"Wanderer, kommst Du nach Liechtenstein,
Tritt nicht daneben, tritt mittenrein"

Shawn

Banned
Isn't Switzerland, like, the second wealthiest country in the world? Boy, when I think of Switzerland, I think of a little, peaceful country with beautiful snow-covered mountains, with no problems or conflicts. Heh, do they even need a military? I can't even imagine Switzerland engaged in a war.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
Frenck said:
:lol

And the poem dates back to when? 1942?

Fun facts on Liechtenstein:
Liechtenstein is bigger than San Marino, Tuvalu, Nauru, Monaco and Vatican City combined.

so1337

Shawn said:
Isn't Switzerland, like, the second wealthiest country in the world? Boy, when I think of Switzerland, I think of a little, peaceful country with beautiful snow-covered mountains, with no problems or conflicts. Heh, do they even need a military? I can't even imagine Switzerland engaged in a war.
Probably not.

8bit

Knows the Score
Shawn said:

We need to keep everyone else out.

Also, there's a Swiss Bike Army. With rockets.

Shawn said:

Isnt the swizz military in charge of protecting the Pope?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom