• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All of OT is on a cruise...

When all of a sudden a storm causes the ship to veer off course into a rock island in the middle of the ocean. The island is not charted and its nowhere near any land. There is nothing on the island except for a weird lone statue. The ship hull is completely torn and the ship is stuck on the rock.
Over the next few weeks you eat up your remaining food and in a moment of despiration you pray to the statue.

A Rock Island Devil appears and gives you 3 options to survive:

1) As long as you pray, the Devil will serve you 3 meals a day and keep you healthy. The same, plentiful meals every day for the rest of your life. No help will arrive. Everyone lives.

2) The Devil will give you a fishing net and an everlasting bonfire. They tell you Help will arrive in 7 years. People may die of sickness, starvation and disease.

3) Promise the Devil your souls and he'll repair your ship. You will feel the searing pain of your soul ripping out of you. Everyone lives, but at the cost of guaranteed eternal damnation.

Majority must agree on an option.

We make a human raft and set sail anew, like what ants do when escaping water.

sm_assemblages_a.jpg

Or we can do 1.

Option 2.

All those episodes of Survivorman and Man vs Wild I used to watch will help me become leader of the pack.

Plus GAF is like 90% dudes as far as I know. I'm not about to be stuck on an island with a bunch of musty ass dudes for the rest of my life, and I'd like to keep my soul as well.

1. People would die of malnutrition or disentary way before the 7 years. It would be a nightmare. At least we can live out somewhat decent lives with 1.

Who the hell would pick 3?

Kuga

#2. Use our infinite supply of wood from the 'endless' bonfire to make boats. Sustain people with fish and fresh water (distill sea water via boiling) while the armada is built.

Waiting around is for suckers.

Izayoi

Banned
Joke's on the devil, I don't believe in the afterlife!

(Realistically, we're looking at option 1 here though.)

You tellin' me we humans with our superior brains can't build a less fancy ship and leave? It's a cruise ship!

What about onboard GPS? Ships are satellite tracked!

Spending the rest of my life on a rock island doing fuck all is not living.

And, man, I hate eating fish. This is such a scam.

Also Eternal Damnation is not fashion forward in the slightest.

So I guess I'd go with option 2.
Option 2. Live in ship. Eat fish. Use medical bay for disease and illness. Survive Seven Year GAF Party. It's a cruise ship ffs. They're basically floating cities. This isn't Gilligan's Island.

Edit:

Breakfast: sausage, fruit, eggs and toast- no jam.
Lunch: Turkey Burger and sweet potato fries. No ketchup.
Dinner: Broccoli and cauliflour

NO. JAM?? OH YOU CAN GO TO HELL WITH OPTION 1.

Does the existence of a devil cursing people with eternal damnation prove the existence of both an afterlife and a heaven? Cause if so, I'm going with option 2, followed by a whole lot more praise towards God so in the event I don't make it off the island, I'm still getting into heaven. Actually, I still probably go with 2. I mean, living on an island away from all the BATSHIT CRAZY AWFUL SHIT in this world seems like it would be ideal, but I'm sure I'd be bored with it after 7 years.

PSqueak

Banned
Hold on, if the devil and souls are real, then god would also be real.

Wouldn't god save you for the selfless act of sacrificing your soul in exchange of saving many?

Anyways! Option 2 seems like the best option because you have 7 years to figure out how to get out ourselves.

Goo

Three. Seems like one and two is making a deal with the devil that would damn your soul anyway.

shaneo632

Probably 1. But accepting the existence of the Devil would also mean God/Heaven exists, so option 2 wouldn't seem so bad either.

Its a rock island. There isn't much resources to build with, unless you decided to repurpose the ship.

We will MacGyver the shit out of it and become a world power.

In reality: you assume OT will come to a consensus on a decision. Given how most of OT is argumentative, we are all going to die through in-fighting and starvation.

Everlasting bonfire sounds like a pretty good signal to any ships passing by. Just keep a smoke signal going during the day and keep it lit during the night.

Top Bottom