• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

i.Con - The smart condom

171128-smart-condom-01.jpg

A British firm has released the first photos of its Fitbit-style condom that measures a man’s performance in bed.

The high-tech jimmy jacket — which looks like a small rubber bracelet — logs data during sex and sends it to the user’s smartphone, according to the creators of the i.Con Smart Condom, which released images of it Tuesday.

The reusable, one-size-fits-all band measures the number of calories burned during sex, the speed of a man’s thrusts and how long he lasts, lead engineer Adam Levers told the UK Metro.

(...)

“It’s truly the next step in wearable tech and we believe we have pioneered a product that will not only bring an extra element of fun into the bedroom, but will also help indicate potential STI’s present as well as prevent condom slippage,” Simmons said.

The $74 gadget hits the market in January 2018 and is available for preorder on the company website.

Even condoms are smart now...

Grinchy

Banned
So you put on a condom, and then you put this ring around it? How is this thing a condom then?

It's just a fitbit cock ring.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Seriously, what's the point?
Having a rank of who lasts longer?

Not much more dick waving than the regular Fitbit though, unless you are making a literal comparison.

I did 30k steps today! I also did 30k thrusts today on my side chick!

So you put on a condom, and then you put this ring around it? How is this thing a condom then?

It's just a fitbit cock ring.

It goes around your dick therefore it is a condom, who cares what a condom actually is

nasax

"The stretchable shaft gadget also detects STDs and is “flexible to ensure maximum comfort for all sizes,” according to British Condoms, the firm behind the condom."

Does it prick you on the prick and take your blood? How does it detect STDs?

It measures your rate of sex and determines an average that judges you on your potential to carry STD. Basically, the more you use it, the likelier it is to say you have an std on principle.

Ubername

Banned
This technology is pretty old though, right, I mean I've heard about cockring pedometers for at least half a decade now.

llien

A British firm has released the first photos of its Fitbit-style condom that measures a man's performance in bed.

As if "hours of sex" expectations weren't delusory enough, let's put more pressure.

Statistically speaking, a 2005 study found that sex lasts 5.4 minutes on average, although that data does not take into account foreplay, female orgasm, or non-heterosexual pairings. For historical perspective, Alfred Kinsey's 1948 research found that 75 percent of American men ejaculated within the first two minutes of sex.

"Very few people have intercourse per se [Latin] that goes longer than 12 minutes," says sex therapist Barry W. McCarthy. Essentially, ejaculatory inhibition, which is also called "delayed orgasm" or "junkie orgasm," has less to do with actual time than an inability to ejaculate when you'd like. And premature ejaculation, which is also called "rapid ejaculation," refers to intercourse that lasts less than a minute or two.
http://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/sex/a5943/average-sex-time-0709/

Top Bottom