• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP 3.10 Custom Firmware - how do I flash it?

Diablos

If this can't be discussed, just lock. I don't know what is or isn't allowed when it comes to PSP homebrew discussion.

I have a TA-082 PSP, with firmware 2.71. I want to use the latest Dark Alex firmware. I've seen a couple websites including his own, but to be honest, I'm really confused. I don't want to "brick" my PSP, so can anyone walk me through this?

callous

I could, but don't think I'm allowed to. I did it myself with a 2.71 last week, and I can tell you that everything you need to know is very, very easy to google.

Oni Jazar

Do a search for AutoDowngradeGenerator. Latest version I have is 1.01. That will make it rediculously easy for you.

Yeah, you need to do the ta-082 downgrader first. From recent experience that's just about the only thing not on Dark Alex's site. Then you can upgrade to 3.10.
edit: actually it is on there. So, uh, read the readmes and that should take you pretty far.

MoxManiac

downgrading firmware /flashing custom firmware is okay to talk about - we had a massive thread about it after all

Diablos

I need the 2.0 LCS, which is gonna be like $55 on eBay. I wonder if I should even go through with this just to play some PSX games.

manzo

You DON'T need GTA LCS if you have 2.71.

If I remember correctly, I ran the TIF exploit (HEN exploit?) then ran the downgrader, then upgraded to 3.03OE-C.

Oni Jazar

I'm telling you to get the AutoDowngrader. It makes it all stupidly easy. Works with almost all FWs and HW versions. You answer questions and it will tell you what to do and sets up the files for you.

Oni Jazar said:
I'm telling you to get the AutoDowngrader. It makes it all stupidly easy. Works with almost all FWs and HW versions. You answer questions and it will tell you what to do and sets up the files for you.

When I search for that it gives me a bunch of non-english links. Any direct linkage possible?

Top Bottom