• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 2 GAF Racers ForZaWin

post your tag in here if you want to play with GAFfers. I'll try to keep this 1st post updated. Mine is "Cormacaroni", on Japan time so Euro/US folk likely won't see me much except on the weekend.

Remember you can send friend invites via your PC at http://www.xbox.com/

Tags + (GAF names) so far:

The Tokyo Crew:
McWild (Sho Nuff)
john tv (john tv)
DCharlie (same)
Mr Singh (MrSingh aka YellowAce)

Rodrik (Geoff9920)
jet1911 (same)
QVT (same)
KidInsomnia (BenjaminBirdie)
BrightLoudNoise (same)
DiabX (Diablohead)
Crag Dweller (Kindbudsmaster)
Tokubetsu (same)
rastex (Omar Ismail)
Razoric (same)
V1carious (Xirj)
GreatBetaFish (Green Shinobi)
Lonestar 1979 (Lonestar)
Dopeman84 (FLUXCapacitor)
TerraRhythm (Fight for Freeform)
Agent Ice (Agent Icebeezy)
Big Takeover (BCD2)
arne360 (arne)
hypoetical (hyp)
Senger (same)
FloEvans360 (flo_evans)
Crap Sandwich (CrapSandwich)
Sab0teur (MrAwesome)
Russtic (Gek54...unless he comes back in some other guise...)
purg3 (purgeface)
Y2Kevbug15 (Y2Kev)
This Split Lip (LittleTokyo)
sportzhead360 (sportzhead)
Joates (same - BEWARE OF PWNAGE. HANDLE WITH EXTREME CAUTION)
R3Z (Ryudo)
Regret Truth (SNUG REVOL)
MotorbreathX (same)
MadDecent (same)
martinrp (rekwest)
Brodequin (same)
Mecha Gandhi (Nathan Barley)
Cangas (Pepe)
Label (same)
PjotrStroganov (same)
hgplayer1 (same)
rage1973 (same)
dammitmattt (same)
Hawk269 (same)
Prisoner416 (professor_t )
Tf53 (same)
Gowans007 (same)
C4lukin (C4lukin)
p3tran (same)
xDrStrangelovex (J.M. Romeo)
NakdEatnCheet0s (WhatRuOn)
JeStaH (same)
Z Y (Z_Y)
P1x3l4t3d (pixelated)
Zen Warrior24 (Masta_Killah)
hadareud (same)
Eric WK (same)
sugaki (same)
Trav (same)
Swiftmotionz (Evolution)
Truelize (same)
MaiPenRai (Len Dontree)
Twin Twi5t (McBradders)
dread65 (stormer)
AstroTheLad (AstroLad)
GONZO24 (GONZO)
the snack (snack)
Yasser110 (yasser)
dancube (Stryder)
l0ckii (lockii)
bishGA (bishoptl)
SportsUnit (lix2k3)
Das Chew (eternal prize)
Dazzyman (same)
NintexNL ([Nintex])

and let's not forget: chespace 1up :)

Geoff9920

I'd be intersted. US/East Coast here. I'm on occasionally during the week but weekends are probably when I'll be on the most.

GT: Rodrik

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
My GT is Crag Dweller. I'm on the east coast of the U.S. but usually on between 4:00am to 12:00 EST. (What can I say, I'm a old guy who likes to get up early and go to bed early).

No forza untill friday as I am in the UK but I look foward to racing with gaffers.

diabx-newo.png

Cormacaroni said:
post your tag in here if you want to play with GAFfers. I'll try to keep this 1st post updated. Mine is "Cormacaroni", on Japan time so Euro/US folk likely won't see me much except on the weekend.
Mine is GreatBetaFish. Thanks. Most of you guys are probably way farther into the game than I am right now though.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Lonestar 1979 (think there's a space in there)

On from say...6 pm to 12 pm EST for the most part.

FightyF

Banned
GT: TerraRhythm

Originally posted by Flo_Evans in the official thread, I think it would be worthwhile to put this in the first post so that everyone is on the same page...

Corner Rights

* You must establish substantial overlap with the car ahead before they reach the corner’s turn-in point to have the right to drive up their inside, or to expect them to leave inside room for you. Substantial overlap means at least that the front of your car is up to say the driver’s position in the ahead car - and that’s at the very least. You probably should have more overlap in some circumstances. The ahead driver has the right to be fully committed to the racing line of their choice without any interference if there was no substantial overlap before he turned in.

* If sufficient overlap is established before the turn-in point, then the behind driver has the right to sufficient side room. The ahead driver must then leave sufficient side room for the behind driver.

* The car on the outside has the right to outside room all the way through the corner – right up to the exit point. They should not be squeezed against the outside towards the exit point.

* The car on the inside has the right to inside room all the way through the corner - right up to the exit point. They should not be squeezed against the inside towards the apex area. The ahead driver can still battle for the position of course but must do so while maintaining side room for the behind driver. The practice of going up the inside of an ahead car after they have already turned in, and where there was no established substantial overlap before the turn-in point, is sometimes referred to as barge passing, ( I.e. you barge your way past ). Understand that barge passing is a high risk manoeuvre for both you and others. You have no rights what-so-ever as a barge passer. Should you cause an accident from a barge passing manoeuvre you’ll be in a defenceless position should you be protested?

* Where an ahead driver has clearly made a sufficient error to warrant a passing move a behind driver may attack their position, with due caution and care, regardless of whether there was any pre-existing overlap. E.g. - If the ahead driver brakes too late and drifts out wide of the apex and then has to reduce speed etc. This would be a valid passing opportunity regardless of whether there was pre-existing overlap. However, there is still substantial responsibility on the overtaking driver to take all necessary care to avoid contact. Small errors by the ahead driver may not be sufficient to justify an attacking passing move however. Just because the ahead drivers gets a bit out of shape at times doesn’t give you an automatic right to pass uncontested by them or a right to room. You still have to judge if their error provides sufficient opportunity for a safe pass to take place.

Also, my personal opinion is that all assists should be left open and that racers can choose what they want. I say this to be all inclusive and secondly that people without assists do have an advantage anyways...in both obtaining credits and also in getting better times.

Senger

gt: Senger

Still doing mostly single player career races so far, but i'd love to play with some good, clean racers once i start racing online.

I spammed the hell out of this list, although I lost track of who I sent one to, and who I didn't. If you didn't get one from me, send me one if you'd like.

I couple of you guys must have full lists also. Send me an invite if/when you clear it up.

Joates

Banned
Joates - Send me a message with the request or I will likely decline because tons of assclowns are sending me requests :lol Sorry if I declined any GAFfers by any chance.

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
Will be pretty keen to get to know you guys :)

My gamertag is : R3Z

Please keep in mind that as i am an Aussie, we dont get the game till the 8th of this month (maybe later :()

GT: Regret Truth. I'm usually on after 9pm est I've pretty much cleared out my friends list for forza 2 race buddies.:lol

If possible just send me a message letting me know what your gaf screen name is.

Pepe

Hi everyone.

First of all, excuse my poor english, i´ll try my best.

I am a huge fan of Motorsport and friday (i'm Spanish) finally i will recive a copy of the game. It will be my first contact with Live Forza community and i'm looking for the best website to join in order to race tournaments, rankings, ... Like ITST for Top Spin and Virtua Tennis, you understand? Thank you very much.

Gamertag: Cangas

EDIT: of course, i wanna race and beat you, mates!!

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Label.png

So hot for this game, shame it doesnt come out here till friday :<

Cant wait to start bidding on some of these crazy cars people are making because I shall suck at making anything :lol

dammitmattt.png

I've avoided playing so far because I just had my tonsils taken out and hate to play online when I can't communicate.

I'd love to join the nightly action.

Would love to race with some of you crazy bastards. Plus, I suck, so it will be good for your self esteem. Add me pls.

Prisoner416

Tf53

GT: Tf53

I had a bit of trouble getting off my PGR3 vibe, but I've started to hone my index fingers and I think I'm getting the hang of it. Looking forward to tight (yet fair) races.

Top Bottom