• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unlock Elite Beat Agents in Ouendan 2 (via DS Station download...)

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/ao2j/omake/index.html

eba1.jpg

From June 28-July 11, take your DS and Ouendan 2 down to a DS Station download center and you can download the Elite Beat Agents, plus the adorable Neko character, for play in Single and Versus modes.

Of course, if you don't live in Japan, sucks for you. And me. :(

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
cvxfreak said:
Imagine never having to change carts though ;)

EDIT: Is this for the characters, or the EBA game itself?

It sounds like the characters and I can't imagine them giving a game for free.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
So I think they do work like Kahn worked in EBA, right? You "turn them on" on a certain difficulty level, and their models simply replace the former ones, amirite?.

I wonder if they have their EBA moves, or if they are just palette swap for ouendan guys. it'd be awesome to see them move like the ouendan characters

Michan

Gryphter said:
I wonder if they have their EBA moves, or if they are just palette swap for ouendan guys. it'd be awesome to see them move like the ouendan characters

It'll be a palette swap. Custom animations tailered for each song for secret unlockable characters is out of the question in this situation.

angelfly

Michan said:
It'll be a palette swap. Custom animations tailered for each song for secret unlockable characters is out of the question in this situation.

I don't see anything preventing it.

Michan

angelfly said:
I don't see anything preventing it.

Custom animations for characters in this type of a game not only require 3d artists to create them, but a lot of timing and testing, then building new code to better-match the custom animations. Sure, they could simply just over-write (in a sense) the other animations with the customs, but in reality, the company is much more likely to create custom animations for characters that don't require a secret unlock.

The majority of the people who own Ouendan 2 will never see the Elite Beat Agents in their game, so why should the company put more effort into them than the characters they will likely unlock after playing for a couple of hours?

Michan said:
Custom animations for characters in this type of a game not only require 3d artists to create them, but a lot of timing and testing, then building new code to better-match the custom animations. Sure, they could simply just over-write (in a sense) the other animations with the customs, but in reality, the company is much more likely to create custom animations for characters that don't require a secret unlock.

The majority of the people who own Ouendan 2 will never see the Elite Beat Agents in their game, so why should the company put more effort into them than the characters they will likely unlock after playing for a couple of hours?

Just port over their movesets from EBA? :p

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Most likely all the EBA data was in the game already and all the download does is unlock them in your save game file. If that's the case then there should be a way to do it with an Action Replay type device. I know there's homebrew apps that allow you to edit your save games so it could be possible to unlock it that way as well.

gwiz210

Someone with the Japanese version and a Action Replay DS/flashcart NEEDS to upload their save to the internet D:

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
VideoMan said:
Most likely all the EBA data was in the game already and all the download does is unlock them in your save game file. If that's the case then there should be a way to do it with an Action Replay type device. I know there's homebrew apps that allow you to edit your save games so it could be possible to unlock it that way as well.
Well, Agent J.'s voice IS in the game (some hacker found it some days ago), so I wouldn't be that surprised if they wanted to include them, and then scrapped the idea because of tight deadlines.

VideoMan said:

Ahh, didn`t think of that! Come on AR hackers, get to work! :)

It's thoroughly possible that the EBA characters and animations are already in the cart, and it's just a matter of flipping a bit to enable them.

donny2112

cvxfreak said:
EDIT: Is this for the characters, or the EBA game itself?

Characters, and it's all the characters as they change by difficulty level.

Nuclear Muffin said:
Come on AR hackers, get to work! :)

I'm really late on the uptake here, as, apparently, the code was hacked a month and a half ago by 4ch and 2ch.

Unlock Elite Beat Agents to use in place of Ouendan teams. In final song, rival leader is the cat. There will be a blue icon on the difficulty select screen. Just click that and it will replace them.

ID code: AO2J b9a91626
220D7397 00000001

Note: I didn't come up with the code (came from 4chan and 2chan), but I've tested it and it works.

I can also confirm that it works. The blue icon is the EBA badge. :D

hooo

boooy
When the DS first launched, there were people ripping the demos and with the right wireless card, someone could set up their own demo station. Did Nintendo change things up to prevent the ripping?

old wiki page here.

hooo said:
When the DS first launched, there were people ripping the demos and with the right wireless card, someone could set up their own demo station. Did Nintendo change things up to prevent the ripping?

old wiki page here.

This would interest me greatly. I'm sure I won't have the hardware for it though.

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
darkressurection said:
Yeah, then you would just have to sync them with the songs.
Maybe they don't have to be synced with the song and they just are just programmed to trigger with certain "tap" sequences. Makes more sense IMO.

hirokazu

damn, wtf i was in Japan that entire time but i didn't know about this!! >:/

OK, i have Ouendan 2, as well as an M3 micro flash cart, but i don't have an action replay for DS. i know you can read and write the save file from legit DS games with the M3...

does anyone know how i can apply the action replay code with the M3 then put my save file back in my card? is that even possible or do i really need an action replay for this?

i don't want to just download a save file coz i don't want someone else's records...

donny2112

The Action Replay for DS is $20 - $25, so it isn't too bad if you have to go that way. I haven't used flash carts, though, so I can't help you there.

Top Bottom